Tigers to miss top eight in 2010

@Snake said:
My view on Friday nights game was all positive with the exception of the coaches dumb positional changes and the game plan in part that helped the Dragqueens over the line… The Dragons are beatable ! every time we spread the ball we had them but the game plan was to play at there strenghts up the middle and the inside ball to Hino how many times??? After being bashed 5 days ealier and the stupid positional changes I thought we went well ..the final score was no indication of the game .If the coach can stop over reacting to certain positions short term there is no doubt we can make the 8 but a word of warning if the team starts to be ripped apart due to a few injuries there is a real chance we might not make it.

yeah definitely, especially the coach overreacting part, not having a halfback and we completely lose the plot with player shuffling.

We all love the Wests Tigers and I am confident they will make the top 8 this year. I think we all agree that players should be picked in the correct positions even if this means bringing some one up from State Cup. Ashyford at 5/8 would have done nothing for his confidence and Marshall is no half back. I think our senior players should stop making schoolboy mistakes and work our way out of trouble. We need to employ a kicking coach, maybe Andrew Johns now Eels have got rid of him to help Marshall, Lui and Farah with their kicking games. St George have a quality kicker in Stoward who gets them get field position and options on the 6th. We don't have this luxury. I hope the Finch rumour is true as he would provide our team with an experienced half back who can kick and pass and allow Marshall to play wider of the ruck

I think with a half decent halfback we just about win that game on Friday night - overall it was a good performance and for about 70 minutes it was 3 tries to 2.

and just to re-enforce the tigers will make the 8 - the results today completely went our way. we are somehow still in 3rd spot.

@underdog said:
and just to re-enforce the tigers will make the 8 - the results today completely went our way. we are somehow still in 3rd spot.

I dunno if thats a good thing or not, teams not in the eight winning and getting closer to getting in the eight, puts a bit more pressure on imo.

It is good in the respect we are still in full control of our destiny at this stage.

It will turn into a negative if we faff about thinking "theres always next week"

Bottom line with the draw of next weeks rounds we need to get over the Broncos to re-establish what we started against the Knights. After that we have a few real home games that we need to capitalise on

id be most suprised if we miss the eight. even if we continue what we did last 4 years we will make the 8 because were 4th now and previous years we were 11th or 12th.

better just relax lad

The scoreline on Friday night was not indicative of how we actually played and the chances we had in the game. We all wanted improvement this season and we are clearly seeing it…..Starting next Friday night I predict we will string a few more together and be thinking top four not top eight.

@smeghead said:
It is good in the respect we are still in full control of our destiny at this stage.

It will turn into a negative if we faff about thinking "theres always next week"

Bottom line with the draw of next weeks rounds we need to get over the Broncos to re-establish what we started against the Knights. After that we have a few real home games that we need to capitalise on

Yep…..just looking at next week its possible with everything going against us at worst we can find ourselves in 9TH spot

Titans Rabbits and Manly will pass us without playing and Broncos too if we lose

Best scenario sees us stay in 3RD spot

I not overly concerned just yet ….but the last 10 games is going to be a very hard slog...love to win 6 from 10 though will cemented us in the top 4 and a ' home' game

First loss in 5 weeks and this is the sort of thread that gets tossed up !!!

We are a certainty to make the 8 …....... its just a matter of how far we go once we're there.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but deadset pal you're a muppet if you carry on like this after one loss. Did you cut up all your jerseys as well?

If anyone out there believes that the tigers are a genuine threat to finish in the top eight maybe you should watch some replays from the last three weeks.
ANOTHER disgracefull effort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank God that Thiaday, Lockeyer, Filou, Hodges etc; didn't play cause we would have got flogged by 50.

Tim, maybe you should watch the replay and study Fifita, he managed to break the line but never had any support.
, he made one mistake and you yanked him off. Why you persevere with Fitzy is beyond me, put him back on the bench.

The players look as though they are dis interested and dont have the enthusiasm of other teams….what's happening. As I said before where has all our money gone,,,,,,,,,SURELY we cant be paying $4.1 mil of the salary cap on this lot.
Lets see if we can get a refund on some of them and start over again for next year cause this year is history.

go back to this thread at finals time and see if I,m right .....(oh! how I wish I was a bookie cause I would give big odds about the tigers reaching the eight......let alone win the premiership

Tiger supporters would have to be the most pessimistic ever… We are coming third and everone is still blowing up, wat else can they do.... Even if we are playing like shit they r mostly still winning there r only 2 other teams who have won more games... Give urself an uppercut Graham

@Mystery said:
Tiger supporters would have to be the most pessimistic ever… We are coming third and everone is still blowing up, wat else can they do.... Even if we are playing like s*** they r mostly still winning there r only 2 other teams who have won more games... Give urself an uppercut Graham

what else can they do?

maybe put together 80 minutes of top class football? not fumble and bumble their way to a victory

who cares if they fumble their way to victory. These are the games we lost last year and we missed the eight just. I reckon we've picked up 4 wins that last year we lose those games, last night a classic example. Would you rather lose these games?? (dont bother answering Ron I know you would rather lose so we get rid of Sheens and have a massive cleanout rather than win another permiership but everyone else) Its a sign of a good team when you can play crap and get an ugly win.

@graham46 said:
If anyone out there believes that the tigers are a genuine threat to finish in the top eight maybe you should watch some replays from the last three weeks.
ANOTHER disgracefull effort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go back to this thread at finals time and see if I,m right …..(oh! how I wish I was a bookie cause I would give big odds about the tigers reaching the eight......let alone win the premiership

You don't get extra points for winning pretty. In previous years there have been plenty of games where we looked good and lost. I prefer this year where we play like crap and win.

Back