Tim Moltzen

@alien said:
I was calling for Tim Moltzen to be put at halfback at the start of last year during the trials. Instead we kept Morris in the halves which was a massive mistake. Oh well, Timmy is halfback now and he is playing well. Keep it up Timmy! :sunglasses:

I know you want to be called genius on this but I think 80% of us punters saw Moltzen / Marshall as the best halves combo we could have.

@Geo. said:
He put in 2 gret kicks today …his chase was outstanding...

Agreed. He was first one down there after the kicks and majority of the time pinned the player down inside their 10.

Each kick is only as good as the chase and he sure chased well today.

Shows his passion and committment as well as determination. He doesnt lack any of it.

Everything is falling into place Moltzen & Gallant have really stepped up, Farah is starting to show some aggression, Benji is free to do what he does best. Finally a winning combination.

@tiger05 said:
@alien said:
I was calling for Tim Moltzen to be put at halfback at the start of last year during the trials. Instead we kept Morris in the halves which was a massive mistake. Oh well, Timmy is halfback now and he is playing well. Keep it up Timmy! :sunglasses:

I know you want to be called genius on this but I think 80% of us punters saw Moltzen / Marshall as the best halves combo we could have.

i dont remember that many people saying that moltzen should be our halfback at the start of last year.

@alien said:
@tiger05 said:
@alien said:

i dont remember that many people saying that moltzen should be our halfback at the start of last year.

I think a lot of people thought he should be in the halves since the start of the year at least - I certainly did and I can't remember many punters stating that Morris should be in the halves.

He played all his junior footy in the halves..why wouldn't he still be a half now..

Great game by Tim yesterday but on the players we have signed so far are all backs and i dont think we signed them to play lower grades so where does that leave moltzen aysford ect i would like to know whats in Tim Sheens mind

Moltzen will be halfback. Ayshford will have every chance to prove himself in the centres and if he isn't there he'll be lock or utility.

I know i was another to rate Moltzen as a halfback but there were plenty who said the same. I think Sheens has got things close to right though. By playing Timmy at the back for most of the season he took all the pressure off him and had him in a position where could still feature as a ball player at times. Now that he's got the confidence and experience the time's more fitting for him to move to the halfback position. Like Sheens said, hindsight's wonderful thing, still i don't think we can suggest Timmy would've played the same in round 1 or even round 10.

Moltz has been killing it at half and will only improve with time. Also a kicking game is something that can definately be worked on im sure in the off season they will be getting some kicking coaches in to come and give young tim a few tips. At the moment he is looking like the answer to our halfback problem.

Why does Moltzen get to do his apprenticeship in first grade ,,put him in the state cup and let him come through when and if hes good enough,,in the mean time , purchase a real half back, like Tim Smith ,and stop messing around,,we want finals footy …

Hey tomcat… you do realise Moltzen along with Lazarus steered Bret around the park in '07....both where a big reason they charged towards the finals that year still as a 18yo...If not for the introduction of the 20's in '08....Moltzen would have spent more time in state cup learning his trade.....he played all his junior football in the halves and was an Australian Schoolboy in that position...

How about just sit back and enjoy his progression.....Tim Smith had his chance...he went to water...If he was that good don't you think there would be more than 1 club chasing him to haul him back from the UK where by reports I hear he is going fairly ordinary....Wigan arn't exactly burning it up in the ESL...Oh and he's playing stand off over there alongside Leuluai who is the 7 .... we got Benji....

@alien said:

same
he was an Australian school boy halfback or 5/8

I love how everyone asks for a ready made established first grade halfback, not one that is just coming into their own.

If you go with an established 7, its all down hill. You go with one coming into their own, its all up up and up for a good while.

Back