Tim Sheens...

Geo

Staff member
Forum Leader
…..did it tough on the sideline......

But.....

Well done Coach you have turned around a massive flogging at the hands of Souff's ...with talk of player dishormony...media pressure bought to bare on both you and the players.....turned it around in a month wil 3 solid wins....which see us intrenched in the top 8 going into the BYE...

As a Wests Tigers supporter ...it's a great feeling....

Keep it Up... :sign:

Well said. I thought we could bounce back from that Souths game but not to win 3 in a row and concede only 24 points. It is an excellent achievement.

I still think he's been here too long but good on him for turning the team around after the terrible month ending in the souffs debacle.
& here's hoping he can bring us up to the level needed to go all the way and keep us there.

I couldnt agree more with you guys.

I was one that felt he had stayed to long, that still may turn out to be true but you got to hand it to the guy and also the captain that had some pressure on him with rumours of disharmony and a few people calling for him to be sacked for Heighno.

A great effort all round to turn things around, still a bit of work to be done when you consider we have played 3 teams that have been hot and cold (Generally cold), but hopefully they can recharge the batteries with the bye, reset, start again, and aim for a big month to really set themselves up for the back end of the season.

Dont get too carried away all you Sheens sycophants out there..!
A win's a win,& 3 in a row is to be applauded & has probaly ensured we sneak into the top 8 for the first time in 5 years…but weve beaten the 3 worst teams in the comp in a severely deleted Knights & Warriors,plus a very limited & somewhat unlucky Dogs.
The concern I have is we see the same mistakes repeated week in week out which never seem to get addressed ie Benji kicking for the sideline & out on the full putting huge pressure on the defence,missing goals from right in front,players simply hoping oppostion kicks go over deadball line ,Lui missing one on one tackles,one of the worst kicking games in the comp,Ryan not committed to put his body on the line to oppostion kicks,Ryan ambling back or running sideways..all of these (& many more)are surely addressable,& if not rectified will come back to haunt us against the better teams
Credit where its due though..its only taken 8 years,but our defence patterns & committment are finally up there with the better teams.Thanks for that Folksie,although youve probably sentenced us to another (hopefully final)season of the spinmeister Sheens!

@Geo. said:
…..did it tough on the sideline......

But.....

Well done Coach you have turned around a massive flogging at the hands of Souff's ...with talk of player dishormony...media pressure bought to bare on both you and the players.....turned it around in a month wil 3 solid wins....which see us intrenched in the top 8 going into the BYE...

As a Wests Tigers supporter ...it's a great feeling....

Keep it Up... :sign:

Well said Geo…

In our game, Coaches typically get blamed for losses and the Players always get the praise for wins. With the rumours, media witch-hunt, and 4 weeks of poor discipline by the team, the credit for the past 3 results should sit proudly on Tims shoulders.

Good Job Tim!
:sign:

@Tiger Watto said:
Well said Geo…

In our game, Coaches typically get blamed for losses and the Players always get the praise for wins. With the rumours, media witch-hunt, and 4 weeks of poor discipline by the team, the credit for the past 3 results should sit proudly on Tims shoulders.

Good Job Tim!

Exactly Watto

If we had lost…and given the closeness of the scoreline till the 77th minute...it was a possibility..this would have been a sack Sheens thread and been 8 pages long by now....

Someone mentioned the Kennel ...wonder how many Sack Moore threads are over there...Lost 5 in a row.....sheesh....

@clontarfkid said:
A win's a win,& 3 in a row is to be applauded & has probaly ensured we sneak into the top 8 for the first time in 5 years…but weve beaten the 3 worst teams in the comp in a severely deleted Knights & Warriors,plus a very limited & somewhat unlucky Dogs.
The concern I have is we see the same mistakes repeated week in week out which never seem to get addressed ie Benji kicking for the sideline & out on the full putting huge pressure on the defence,missing goals from right in front,players simply hoping oppostion kicks go over deadball line ,Lui missing one on one tackles,one of the worst kicking games in the comp,Ryan not committed to put his body on the line to oppostion kicks,Ryan ambling back or running sideways..all of these (& many more)are surely addressable,& if not rectified will come back to haunt us against the better teams
Credit where its due though..its only taken 8 years,but our defence patterns & committment are finally up there with the better teams.Thanks for that Folksie,although youve probably sentenced us to another (hopefully final)season of the spinmeister Sheens!

8 years?? I thought we won a premiership in 2005\. My maths is limited but that seems less than 8 years ago.

@Geo. said:
@Tiger Watto said:
Well said Geo…

Good Job Tim!

Exactly Watto

If we had lost…and given the closeness of the scoreline till the 77th minute...it was a possibility..this would have been a sack Sheens thread and been 8 pages long by now....

Someone mentioned the Kennel ...wonder how many Sack Moore threads are over there...Lost 5 in a row.....sheesh....

Funny you mention that. I was having a beer with a Bulldog Identity yesterday, and he was saying that there is already a push??!!!

He isnt too shaw if it will happen, as he is Family…

Oh watty…such a name dropper, dogs identity, big mal, someone else ive forgotten...impressive. :master:

FTR I still want him gone...results change nothing.

This thread is much like Sheens himself....very quiet when everythings peachey, you'd have
thought he'd mention the SO CALLED REAL fans that turned up last night

I still want Sheens gone, but I don't feel the need to bag him every time we lose, or win. For the record, with me being one of the so called fans - I WAS at the game last night. I support the team home or away, win or lose. I just don't support Sheens.

lets be honest geo weve beat 3 teams that wont feature in the finals, i think the only team we've beaten thats in the top 8 is manly in round 1.

like ive said before though people arent looking at the overall picture and its we dont ever put together a complete game simple mistakes weve made against the teams weve beat in the last 3 weeks would kill us against the top teams, its just lucky for us weve played 3 teams who are in terrible form

Three weeks ago Sheensu FINALLY got fired up and told the team that WINNING matters, not simply playing nice footy.

He 100% needed to realise that and he 100% needed to get rid of the arrogant 'I know what I am doing' and lose the complacency that has surrounded his teams for over a decade (1 finals appearnce in 16 years = you can't be complacent).

Winning ugly gets you to the finals…..........then you can throw it around and use some style.

But Tim needed to be reminded that you need to get there first and 1 from 16 is a very poor record.

To his credit, he's started to fire up a bit (a lot more animated last night) and the players have been told to win at all costs. It's dissapointing it took years to get the message through + tonnes of people contacted the club with "we are fed up" messages after the Souths game. Finally the players realised we are all getting sick of the inconsistency and dropping winnable games / missing the finals.

As long as he stays hungry, he's the man for our club. Must stay hungry though.

@cnx_tigers said:
Three weeks ago Sheensu FINALLY got fired up and told the team that WINNING matters, not simply playing nice footy.

He 100% needed to realise that and he 100% needed to get rid of the arrogant 'I know what I am doing' and lose the complacency that has surrounded his teams for over a decade (1 finals appearnce in 16 years = you can't be complacent).

Winning ugly gets you to the finals…..........then you can throw it around and use some style.

But Tim needed to be reminded that you need to get there first and 1 from 16 is a very poor record.

To his credit, he's started to fire up a bit (a lot more animated last night) and the players have been told to win at all costs. It's dissapointing it took years to get the message through + tonnes of people contacted the club with "we are fed up" messages after the Souths game. Finally the players realised we are all getting sick of the inconsistency and dropping winnable games / missing the finals.

As long as he stays hungry, he's the man for our club. Must stay hungry though.

I'm a fan of Tim Sheens and I'm glad he has done 'something' to get the boys back to basics. As I mentioned above, he does deserve the credit for the past 3 games, but judging by the way the 4 games were played before those, he also needed to be critisised. Hopefully the Souths game was a clear message to all at Camp Concord, and we see many more polished performances from the players and preperation team.

Should Tim stay or go? I'd like to see Tim still be involved in a senior role at the club, but I also want to maybe see some new ideas to ensure this team continues to challenge itself. If that means a new coach, so be it. Tim can offer plenty to either of the boards as a Director off the field…

@southerntiger said:
@clontarfkid said:

8 years?? I thought we won a premiership in 2005\. My maths is limited but that seems less than 8 years ago.

Whilst appreciated,we certainly didnt win the premiership based on our defence,thats for sure.
But this year has seen a significant improvement.
Now only if we can be honest with ourselves,admit we have problems,& address the other issues…

@innsaneink said:
Oh watty…such a name dropper, dogs identity, big mal, someone else ive forgotten...impressive. :master:

This thread is much like Sheens himself....very quiet when everythings peachey, you'd have

Hmmm…never thought you would consider yourself a so called Fan.....

Do you abuse Fitzhenry when your at games or write disgusting things about him on internet forums....

Do you want praise from Sheens for supporting the team with a passion for turning up every week?...What in 8 years he snapped at the fans twice....talk about holding a grudge.....

results change nothing.... really..would you rather our season was a rabble like the Scumdogs so more pressure is applied to Sheens to walk or get punted....

We both know Innk that wont happen now.....

im not off the 'sack sheens' wagon yet.

ive never wanted him gone mid season either may i add.

the last 3 weeks have somewhat proven we are prepared to win ugly and we won at night, in the the wet, something we have seldom done in the last 8 years. im excited about the position we are in, especially considering we get our number one prop back next game.

when we beat a team who will feature in the finals ill be convinced we have turned the corner.

@innsaneink said:

Its a tough call sometimes to add names or leave them out Ink, but I choose to add something from time to time to allow factual conversation, rather than speculation. To have a cheap shot at someone YOU DONT know, simply because you have a difference of opinion, is pretty laughable. I joined this Forum for stimulation of my love with the Tigers and I enjoy hearing different views about the Team and sometimes the Game. I try very hard not to 'bag' or 'trash' players and adminstrators of the Team, as I dont believe that this is what Fans do. There are already plenty of 'So Called Fans' on here, they are usually the Whingers and Unqualified Keyboard Experts. If you would like to have a factual conversation about Football, Id be more than happy to enter into dialogue with you. The only problem I can foresee is you ego…

FTR - The majority of my knowledge comes from years of being involved with certain people within the game on a personal or professional level. On the Sunshine Coast, we have a very close circle of League Identities living the 'good life' and as a sponsor and member of the Men of League up here, I'm forever sucking thier brains for info.

I'm somewhat lost as to why that should worry you???

The turn around's been good to this point. It had to though. In my opinion the Souths loss was rock bottom. Fact is though i still think Sheens has got one more point to prove. He needs to steel this group for a real push after the bye. We can't fall back into old habits. Losing games is acceptable. It happens. But what's not is a repeat of past inconsistencies. Thats the challenge starting with the Raiders.

@Geo. said:
@innsaneink said:

Hmmm…never thought you would consider yourself a so called Fan.....

Do you abuse Fitzhenry when your at games or write disgusting things about him on internet forums....

Do you want praise from Sheens for supporting the team with a passion for turning up every week?...What in 8 years he snapped at the fans twice....talk about holding a grudge.....

results change nothing.... really..would you rather our season was a rabble like the Scumdogs so more pressure is applied to Sheens to walk or get punted....

We both know Innk that wont happen now.....

They were very poor words from Sheens , I know who he's referring to….its a point in my opinion of me wanting him gone, among other things...to your three Q's, the answer is "No".

Back