Time to Face *the enemy*

@Yossarian said:
@Chadman's Ghost said:
Funny how we can still call the Raiders 'the enemy' while trotting out Supercoach Sheens- the man behind the Tigers 89 downfall.
\
\
Tigers biggest enemy that day was themselves- that's why it's so hard to watch, even now, 20 years on.

I'd say their biggest enemy was Bill Harrigan.

Hear hear!

In many respects, he still is.

@Yossarian said:
So just to re-cap

00 - Snowed. Ahead all game before Field gets kick charged down and we lose.
03 - Denied win on the siren by dud forward pass call (even Raiders coach said it was a bad decision)
04 - Shayne Hayne goes crazy and canes us 11-2 (or something similar) in the penalties
05 - Come from 0-14 at half time to win.
06 - Lose in Golden Point after field goal attempt charged down by most offside player in RL history
07 - Win again
08 - Carving them up at halftime, Taps almost scores 4 in the 1st half before getting injured, look set for 50 point win before failing to score after half time and losing.

you forgot to mention 06 golden point loss Todd Payden

I think it was 01 raiders scored in the last minute drew the game lucky that schicoski whatever his name is missed the goal from the sideline

@senex said:
@Yossarian said:
@Chadman's Ghost said:
Funny how we can still call the Raiders 'the enemy' while trotting out Supercoach Sheens- the man behind the Tigers 89 downfall.
\
\
Tigers biggest enemy that day was themselves- that's why it's so hard to watch, even now, 20 years on.

I'd say their biggest enemy was Bill Harrigan.

Hear hear!

In many respects, he still is.

warren ryan is the enemy …..what real coach replaces tow of his best international forwards in a grand final .....but it is funny how sheens is the master ,,, whilst LAMB was the most hated person ever to live ...lol.....

if wests-tigers stick to the game plan and defend well, then hopefully should come away with the two points.
canberra are by no means or reason to be considered as easy beats.

Back