TNT Headed North?

Long_Distance_Tiger

I heard a nasty rumour (from a fairly reliable source) that TNT may be headed to the Cowboys next year. Has anyone else heard this or, even better, can anyone dispel this horrible thought?

You'd hope that he'll stick with the Tiges after we've stuck by him. Please someone prove this horrible rumour wrong :pray:

@Long Distance Tiger said:
You'd hope that he'll stick with the Tiges after we've stuck by him. Please someone prove this horrible rumour wrong :pray:

Don't know where this is coming from…I'm confident Tuiaki will be lining up for the Tigers once again next season.

@willow said:

Don't know where this is coming from…I'm confident Tuiaki will be lining up for the Tigers once again next season.

The question is where…..I can't see him being on the wing

@alex said:
who's the reliable source?

I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you. :smiling_imp: Hope you're all right and my source is wrong.

barring bad news from his surgeon, west tigers will announce a 2 year contract extension for TNT within the coming weeks, he wont be going to the cowboys

@hammertime said:
No way. I'm pretty sure Thurston demanded to be paid their entire $4.2mil cap.

I am pretty sure the Cowboys paid it. That is why they have stopped showing up to games.

@helmesy said:
Maybe he is just scared that he can't shift fitzy off the wing?

ahahaha :laughing: classic!! His shaking in his boots

TNT will stay… otherwise :deadhorse: on them cowboys' horses lame i noe

TNT :master:

I have not heard anything, but would not suprize. Tigers offer would be on the conservative side considering the injury TNT substained and the long term doubt that is their. Cut throat game to be in especially now the salary cap is hitting hard. Love to see him on deck next year, but would like to see some evidence this year that he has the capability of getting back to where he was before getting the cheque book out.

Although more than likely a player manager trying to squeeze a extra dollar or two out of the tigers

Ah the unsourced rumour!! Well if they are that important that you can't tell us who it is then you wouldn't need our confirmation…

Amazingly none of these well placed sources flying around managed to predict Wade McKinnon signing.

A different perspective…yep,best winger in the world last year,but big question mark at 29 next year whether he will regain that status, & needs to be on incentive based contract to protect ourselves in case he doesnt.
His manager will reject that,& look for $300k or so commensurate with his previous performances,& may get that in Nth Qld.
If we pay that,we'd have 15% -20& of our total salary cap parked on the wing in a couple of ageing wingers whose best is probably behind them..Im not sure thats where we need to focus our $$$ ,particularly when u cld get a Kade Snowden,Brian Lima or maybe even Cooper Cronk at a stretch to fill key gaps in our line-up.
Someone needs to take this tough call.

1st - People cant name their sources because if they do then usually one finds that there never privy to any info down the track.

2nd - I doubt he would leave a club that has stuck by hime for so long of his own volition

3rd - TNT and Lote are both powerhouse Left side Wingers. I would like to to see each on the park at the same time. Perhaps a movment into the Prop rotation is becaning for the Giant.

The club will not let their 2009 top try scorer walk away from the club unless he is offered overs to play elsewhere. They've put all the money into his rehabilitation and aren't rushing him back from injury, so I would hazard a guess that they are going to come to the table with a decent offer.

Members online

Back