TNT - most tries in a season for a tiger.

Sabre

today Tuaki set the club record for most tries in a season. He has 21 tries, the previous record was 20 by Pat Richards in 2005.

And there is still 3 games to go.

Good on ya Tuiaki! Congrats on the achievement. Hopefully he stays with the club for a few more seasons, cause hes only getting better with each game!

at the moment he is also the NRL's leading try scorer on 21\. Next is Bryson Goodwin and Brett Morris on 19.

@Jazza said:
Great stuff by Tui!!!

Is he now our all time leading tryscorer?

I think he has 42 now.

Tuaki has 42, Fitzhenry has 43, so he needs 1 more to equal it.

@Sabre said:
@Jazza said:
Great stuff by Tui!!!

I think he has 42 now.

Tuiaki 76 games 42 tries.
Fitzy 119 for 43 tries.
\
\
Lovin seeing nella cross the stripe regularly

It adds so much to our team having a winger who can turn a one-on-one into a try 9 times out of 10….He's certainly one of the reasons we are where we are at the moment

Tuiaki has been at his damaging best this season. You could see it in the trials, he looked fitter than previous seasons and his workrate has lifted accordingly. Hopefully he'll continue to get across the line regularly over the next 3 rounds at least.

@innsaneink said:
@Sabre said:
@Jazza said:
Great stuff by Tui!!!

I think he has 42 now.

Tuiaki 76 games 42 tries.
Fitzy 119 for 43 tries.
\
\
Lovin seeing nella cross the stripe regularly

T.W.O

and of those 80% of tries I am sure Lawrance had an influence on so he deserves praise as well.

@BigUnit said:
and of those 80% of tries I am sure Lawrance had an influence on so he deserves praise as well.

even if it's just his presence. The opposite centre can't think "I'll go out and help my winger bring Tuiaki down" because he knows if he does, Lawrence will make him pay for it. It's a lethal combination out there.

congrats to the big fella. I am so grateful we have him in the team.
it will be intersting to see, what he says, if he wins the winger of the year award, and most tries scored award.

That's also the fastest anyone for Wests Tigers has scored 21 tries. The previous best from my calculations was Chris Lawrence over 25 games from round 8 2007 to round 7 2008.

Back