To Phil Rothfield

eheh called the Tigers losers for putting a media ban on Lui whilst at the same time
have no major sponsor for next year… knocking back free publicity in his opinion.

Sheens has always had the policy of keeping new players away from the media in order keep them away from any added pressure. The fact is that fronting the media and how a player deals with that is another skill an NRL player has to acquire these days. Some players front the media earlier than others but considering it's such an important game and the interest it has generated Tim obviously feels it's not the time for Lui to front up. I'm with him 100%. Let the kid go into the game with as little distraction as possible.

Who in their right mind would let a rookie front the media. Especially when he plays in a key position! Especially given the importance of the game ahead!!

Rothfield is a goose. There's a headline for you (but you already knew that, didn't you).

Has anyone seen the tipping leaderboard in the Daily Telegraph. I hadn't looked at it in ages, then had a chuckle when I saw Rothfield is coming second last, just ahead of Amanda Keller. Shows how well he understands the game… :laughing:

I agree with sheilding Lui from the media this week, epecially if he's not very comfortable in front of a camera.
He's got enough to think about already.

The club refusing to even provide a photo of Lui for an article is pretty poor though, imo.

Members online

Back