Tom Freebairn #260

Nothing wrong with a guy who looks the same (steady and solid) in first grade and reggies. Hopefully another good show tomorrow.

G'day @TSP..... My apologies re my post.
I certainly didn't intend for it to sound like a correction, but thank you for saying it was kindly worded anyway.
I really enjoy reading your posts as they are always well written, sensible and respectful, no matter who you are replying to.
Keep up the good work (y) :)
The feeling is mutual, I can’t recall you having a bad post and appreciate your support.

I’ve got my pet issues, try to entertain and have fun. As you know, I’m not interested in firing first shots at individuals.

I don’t think it’s disrespectful to speculate on his reasons for the event, if it’s surrounded by care and compassion and it’s not held out as fact.

Some reasons have been thrown up, but I havent read anything unkind.

Mental Health issues are out of control here in Australia, funding is one thing but I hazard a guess, there’s a lot more to it. It should be fertile ground for discussion. People have hard lives in their head.

Kenty can punch on against social media, but it’s killing off legacy media for a reason. One of the reasons is the mainstream product is often garbage, the “attention economy” at work.

Things built up and then slide away when the next issue enters. On and on.

Greeny was public property, but his kids and close friends would be in dire straits. Catastrophic.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Congrats big fella.

Solid clubman, won’t let you down if called upon. Is the Magpies captain for a reason and you see it when he plays. With not so many games in FG, he's proved even at 27 you can help a team. Love the efforts, and he’s a good replacement for Blore in the back row. Does he feature in the Sheens/Benji/Farah era moving forward? Probably not, however his ability to ball play as 13, his excellent defence and hard working attitude. A good rotational piece in a top 30 squad.

Congrats big fella.

Solid clubman, won’t let you down if called upon. Is the Magpies captain for a reason and you see it when he plays. With not so many games in FG, he's proved even at 27 you can help a team. Love the efforts, and he’s a good replacement for Blore in the back row. Does he feature in the Sheens/Benji/Farah era moving forward? Probably not, however his ability to ball play as 13, his excellent defence and hard working attitude. A good rotational piece in a top 30 squad.
Very well said. You need players like Freebairn who can step up with injuries occur in NRL.

No world beater but fills a important role.

I wish in my lifetime I had the body shape and ability to play just one RL/NRL game for my beloved Western Suburbs Magpies. Freebairn must have fufilled his childhood dream on debut.

I respect Tom F.

Hard worker and never gives up.

I hope to see him in a team that hasn't given up and where the other forwards are putting in.

I'm not writing him off yet.
He's a plodder. Melb might make something of him but no good in our first grade imo

Congrats big fella.

Agree, and if he gets called up to the NRL he wouldn't let anyone down. I'd rather have someone with lesser ability who gives 100% than a star player who only cares some of the time.

Agree, and if he gets called up to the NRL he wouldn't let anyone down. I'd rather have someone with lesser ability who gives 100% than a star player who only cares some of the time.
He reminds of Fulton, a workhorse, for some reason under Maguire we preferred players of that type to angry, aggressive players!

I wish to apologise to this fella. I had seen him play for norths and in reserve grade for us and although I think he’s an average footballer ability wise, he puts in every week and that’s something a lot of our players don’t do. My apologies Mr Freebairn for bagging you earlier in the year.

I thought he really put in when given his chance and didn't look out of place. Solid worker.

Can someone remind me what's happening with this guy.
Not listed anywhere, for any club, if I’m correct.

Might be an Oliver Clark situation where he played a bit of first grade and then gave up the game.

Playing on a reserve grade contract means having to balance training and game days with another job.

It would be extremely tough.

Back