Tonights Crowd

@crouching_tiger said:
The Bulldogs are going back to Belmore. So in theory Magpies should go back to the inner west and ditch Campbelltown.
Tonight's game was an AWAY match. Last week's was a HOME match.

That's why I said Belmore

BTW…it was YOU who suggested for ALL WT supporters to boycott ANZ Stadium...

Sure did, when Stadium Australia was Wests Tigers home ground.

Keep up CT :smiley:

Very disapointing crowd, and it looked a lot less than what they said was there. I almost didn't go but I am very glad I did. I didn't get wet at all.

The issue is that the dogs made about $100k or so last night while we lost money last week. Who's a better run club?

It would be a costly season for them this year. Poor old doggies, makes you cry doesnt it??lol

blah blah blah yada yada yada - if it was played at leichhardt we would have 20,000 show up - yea sure - i think you been caught out - lol

ITT: People only read the first post or two and then hit the reply button :laughing:

@galahs said:
lol, it was actually a sarcastic thread ridiculing the stupid posts members on here made after the Warriors game where only 10,000 turned up to Campbelltown.

I'm sorry I needed to explain that to you :wink:

:laughing: I can't believe you HAD to explain it :laughing:

I got it but still dont understand it given last week was home game and tonight wasnt. Last weeks crowd was still disappointing no matter how much you try and pretend it wasnt.

@southerntiger said:
I got it but still dont understand it given last week was home game and tonight wasnt. Last weeks crowd was still disappointing no matter how much you try and pretend it wasnt.

Homebush is Balmain territory, and was Wests turf before Cambo…wasnt long ago it was our home ground.
Not difficult

@gallagher said:
The issue is that the dogs made about $100k or so last night while we lost money last week. Who's a better run club?

the club has never shown us the balance sheet for matches held at Leichhardt and Campbelltown so who knows how much they make or lose on each game.

@innsaneink said:
@southerntiger said:

Homebush is Balmain territory, and was Wests turf before Cambo…wasnt long ago it was our home ground.
Not difficult

That is horrible logic - season ticket holders dont get free tickets to away games regardless of where they are played. Of course I didnt even mention the weather. Cambo has always struggled to get good crows unless we are winning - I dont really blame them for that. Still a poor crowd.

I never suggested anyone gets free tix.
However there were:

* $5 & $10 tickets on offer to members,
* it was played in one of our own areas,
* played against a traditional rival,
* played at a ground with guaranteed cover and dry seating.

I live here in the area were talking about, and there are Tigers fans everywhere here
The weather was a factor at cambo too…..but that doesnt suit some posters argument, particuly those regularly that point the finger at others (not you) for not attending yet fail to do so themselves - they know who they are

@galahs said:
@gallagher said:

the club has never shown us the balance sheet for matches held at Leichhardt and Campbelltown so who knows how much they make or lose on each game.

Officials have stated many times over that we need about 16/17k to break even.

and that was back when they said they had to hire lights and a tv screen.

The ground costs Wests Tigers $20,000 to hire from the council.
\
\
If you get 10,000 people paying on average $10 a ticket, that's $100,000\. Are you telling me there is another $80,000 worth of expences???

Until I see the actual figures I reckon we are being told porkie pies.

When they talk about a loss they mean in comparison to playing a game at one of the concrete jungles. Let's say for example you make 100k at SFS compared to say you make 50k at a traditional venue. Ie 50k loss. The advanage of the SFS is that it's a fixed amount you can budget into your cash flow.

Just seems people don't understand Galahs humour here. Carry on….

@galahs said:
and that was back when they said they had to hire lights and a tv screen.

The ground costs Wests Tigers $20,000 to hire from the council.
\
\
If you get 10,000 people paying on average $10 a ticket, that's $100,000\. Are you telling me there is another $80,000 worth of expences???

Until I see the actual figures I reckon we are being told porkie pies.

Thought the club hadnt shown us the figures. You the one telling the porkies fella, but keep up the dribble your amusing us.

Back