Trying to remember a random NYC player

Rowdy12

Was talking to a couple of mates about players we thought may have made it that never did. I remembered a forward we had in NYC around 2015-16, big white dude with long dreadlocks from the Central Coast. I think may have played at Wyong with Liddle? Played off the bench then started the next year. Could put on a hit and had good footwork for a big bloke. Dont think he made it nsw cup, may have signed with parra/dogs from memory?

Cant remember the guys name, anyone else?

Actually just found it, Jakob Giles, seems he played a bit of nsw cup for Wyong in 2018, then cant find anything else after

(![giles.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1630208163072-giles.jpg) image url))

Thought you were talking about Brenden Santi but he is I think 2 years older than that age group.

@madge said in [Trying to remember a random NYC player](/post/1456752) said:
Thought you were talking about Brenden Santi but he is I think 2 years older than that age group.

Shame Santi never kicked on, he was one of the best players in the country from the ages 16-18

@rowdy12 said in [Trying to remember a random NYC player](/post/1456754) said:

Shame Santi never kicked on, he was one of the best players in the country from the ages 16-18

Reminds me of Toby Rudolf. Might just be the hair haha.

@rowdy12 said in [Trying to remember a random NYC player](/post/1456747) said:
Actually just found it, Jakob Giles, seems he played a bit of nsw cup for Wyong in 2018, then cant find anything else after

Yeah, played reserve grade for Wyong in 2018 and in the lower grades for Mount Pritchard after that.

Playing for Sydney University in American Football nowadays, funnily enough.

Yeah was a very promising player but either never kicked on or chose work over footy

@rowdy12 said in [Trying to remember a random NYC player](/post/1456742) said:
Was talking to a couple of mates about players we thought may have made it that never did. I remembered a forward we had in NYC around 2015-16, big white dude with long dreadlocks from the Central Coast. I think may have played at Wyong with Liddle? Played off the bench then started the next year. Could put on a hit and had good footwork for a big bloke. Dont think he made it nsw cup, may have signed with parra/dogs from memory?

Cant remember the guys name, anyone else?

Jakob Giles

@aceshigh said in [Trying to remember a random NYC player](/post/1457909) said:
Wot ever happened with J J Felise ?

Changes his name and played for Canberra. I think that he either went to Qld cup or gave up league for a full time job

@rowdy12 said in [Trying to remember a random NYC player](/post/1456754) said:

Santi was just a solid work rate player, not enough explosive speed or skill to really kick on.. not a bad footballer but not a star first grader or anything..

@aceshigh said in [Trying to remember a random NYC player](/post/1457909) said:
Wot ever happened with J J Felise ?

Yep, changed his name to JJ Collins and plays reserve grade now for Tweed Heads.

Back