Tupou can play

pacey

New member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
1,094
watch this video

http://video.google.com.au/videosearch?hl=en&um=1&ei=iJd2St7zJsyTkAWf1I2xDA&resnum=0&q=Tame%20Tupou&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iv&start=0#

its when he played for Brisbane a few years ago
 
G

Guest

Guest
@innsaneink said:
Just hope the knee comes good, it may cost him some pace though

Yep, the knee is the main thing holding him back at the moment. I guess we'll know more over the off-season if he sticks around.
 

Spank

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
175
He was at the ground tonight, quite a big buggar… tall and rangy, not as solid as i remember though
 

Golden

New member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
3,153
@Mick said:
You're only as good as your last game. :slight_smile:

thats what I alwyas say otherwise we can show clips from shannon Hegaty in 2002 and say hes awsome
 

mtd

New member
Joined
Jul 15, 2009
Messages
2,200
@Golden said:
@Mick said:
You're only as good as your last game. :slight_smile:

thats what I alwyas say otherwise we can show clips from shannon Hegaty in 2002 and say hes awsome

as i remember he was in good form before he left australia…
i cant blame anyone for not performing in the coldness of the UK!
 

beachtiger

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
637
Location
Sunshine Coast
Not trying to be negative about our new signing because I think he is going to be a good acquisition for our club…but...to be fair that collection only showed that he is a good finisher and to be honest I didn't see much more than a winger doing his job and putting the ball over the line on the end of a nice backline movement or broken field play.

I just hope that he finds his way through traffic and knows how to take the ball back to the line off a kick as well as he finds the line.

Just thinking about him on one wing and TNT on the other wing is going to put some fear in our opposition.
 

matty119

New member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
174
@mtd said:
@Golden said:
@Mick said:
You're only as good as your last game. :slight_smile:

thats what I alwyas say otherwise we can show clips from shannon Hegaty in 2002 and say hes awsome

as i remember he was in good form before he left australia…
i cant blame anyone for not performing in the coldness of the UK!

I think he was actually going ok in the UK before he got hurt, something like 11 tries in 12 games as Bradford's leading try scorer.

I think its also interesting to not that he played predominantly on the left in that footage, which would mean he would have to work in the off-season (or now whilst he can) to move to the right wing, as TNT has been going so well on the left, it would be stupid to move him. Just develop that left-handed fend and he'll be fine
 

Golden

New member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
3,153
@mtd said:
@Golden said:
@Mick said:
You're only as good as your last game. :slight_smile:

thats what I alwyas say otherwise we can show clips from shannon Hegaty in 2002 and say hes awsome

as i remember he was in good form before he left australia…
i cant blame anyone for not performing in the coldness of the UK!

actually what I remember is he got selected for NZ during a game and played the worst game you have ever seen in your life by a winger.. then eventually got dropped and never to play NRL again
 
G

Guest

Guest
@anderson silva said:
is he a chance to line up in reggies this year?

Unliikely. Ink mentioned in another thread that he has to have some more surgery on the knee to get it right.
 

Danos

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
1,069
@Golden said:
actually what I remember is he got selected for NZ during a game and played the worst game you have ever seen in your life by a winger.. then eventually got dropped and never to play NRL again

I remember he played 2 games during a tri-nations. One he was solid, quite good, but yeah, like you said, in the other game he was horrible. I remember he put an absolute monster hit on his opposite wing/centre though, that sticks out in my memory..
 
Top