Two players signed- who?

TigerRock

Wests Tigers - Official National Rugby League Club Wests Tigers Assistant Coach Royce Simmons spoke exclusively to WTV about two more Top 25 player signings for season 2010.

Simmons gives an insight into the new signings and what they offer the Wests Tigers.

Watch WTV now to find out who?
TWO MORE PLAYERS SIGNED FOR 2010 @ Tigers
Source: [www.weststigers.com.au](http://www.weststigers.com.au)
Wests Tigers Assistant Coach Royce Simmons spoke exclusively to WTV about two more Top 25 player signings for season 2010.

So that would put us at 20 contracted players:
Ayshford
Brown
Daniella
Dwyer
Ellis
Farah
Galloway
Gibbs
Heighington
Laurie
Lawrence
Lazarus
Marshall
Moltzen
Payten
Ryan
Schirnack
Schirnack
Taumata
Tuiaki

Potential signings/Unkown
Fulton
Galea
Halatau
McDonnell
Payne
Tupou (signed for next season?)
Unknown

Simmons says that Al has good leg speed….really.....I would love to see what someone looks like with low leg speed.
I like Al but he doesnt have good leg speed. He is an honest toiler at best.
Jason on the other hand, could become quote a good lock. Very much in the Rhino mould but with better ball skills.

You can add Lui to the contacted list simmons said he was also one of the 25 players for next year.

Yeah, I did a really poor job of that list. I also left off Mataka who appears to also be here for next year. Can't edit it unfortunately.

It leaves us with not so many spaces for next year.

Not convinced about Al Schirnack as a long term first grader, seems to lack size and impact for a front rower. Good luck to both of them though, there should be improvement in both.

Hopefully we're looking for other front rowers outside the club.

Thats pathetic, they get your hopes up with a headline like that, only to find its two junior RE-signings

I hate this club sometimes, I really do…..amateur

@innsaneink said:
Thats pathetic, they get your hopes up with a headline like that, only to find its two junior RE-signings

I hate this club sometimes, I really do…..amateur

not money well spent IMO, we seem to have about 8 players on minimum contracts in the top 25 for next year

A shirnak
J shirnak
Lui
Dwyer
Lazarus
ryan
mataka
moltzen

that i can think of that would be minimum contracts or there abouts, the only one that is offering anything at this stage is Moltzen, wouldnt the other guys be better off in the 2nd tier cap, and giving the likes of gower and pritchard a top 25 spot? along with signing a couple of seasond players?

Frustrating is an understatement regarding recruitment.It is great for the young guys to get a contract but the Tigers under this coach is a work in progress year after year after year. No 2 or 3 signings that would catapult us forward!

:laughing:

Wests Tigers are the laughing stock of the NRL.
\
\
What abour Gallant ??
\
\
Hello McFly ?????

@TimmyB said:
So that would put us at 20 contracted players:
Ayshford
Brown
Daniella
Dwyer
Ellis
Farah
Galloway
Gibbs
Heighington
Laurie
Lawrence
Lazarus
Marshall
Moltzen
Payten
Ryan
Schirnack
Schirnack
Taumata
Tuiaki

Potential signings/Unkown
Fulton
Galea
Halatau
McDonnell
Payne
Tupou (signed for next season?)
Unknown

Add Lui to that list as he is also part of the top 25\. Should be a few more players promoted over the next few weeks with some departures thrown in as well.

We've got a surplus of backrowers but I'd like to see a genuine front rower signed if the Minister of Finance at the Tigers can raid the coffers.

@Balmain Bug said:

\
\
What abour Gallant ??
\
\
Hello McFly ?????

I have to agree - this is becoming beyond a joke - should we as a group of disgruntled/disillusioned supporters put together a petition to demand that Gallant be signed to a contract ASAP - i am serious about this.

@Balmain Bug said:

\
\
What abour Gallant ??
\
\
Hello McFly ?????

No I think that tag belongs to the Rorters…..

What happened Bug....last you told me Gallant is firmly in Sheens plans for 2010.....Mystery Inc hasn't been at work again has he....

@Balmain Bug said:

\
\
What abour Gallant ??
\
\
Hello McFly ?????

I would safely assume that they were easier contracts to negotiate. Base wage minimal bonus for first grade.

Gallant's form would mean he can ask for that bit more and his agent would be moving the deal at a pace which would be a best end result for Shannon financially and in terms of contract length as well

If they are from toyota cup thats all good and well . but whay sort of salary cap have we been running on the last 4years 2.6million because with all these good players we have let go they have been replaced with nuffys

It better be Gallant - or else - I'll be spitting chips. Just watched the game from the weekend and his support of the runners is something else given it is his 3rd game there.

@tigergirlz said:
It better be Gallant - or else - I'll be spitting chips. Just watched the game from the weekend and his support of the runners is something else given it is his 3rd game there.

10th first grade game as starting fullback. Gajillionth Rugby League game at fullback. He is one of the best supporting fullbacks in the world IMO. I don't know where it was I saw him, possibly Arrive Alive cup (did he play it?), but I remember him from a fair way back. Either he played Schoolboys on TV or I saw him play in CRL or something I can't remember.

I am happy that we have signed up Alan Shirmack to a FG contract for 2010 and beyond. I have never seen his brother play but hopefully he is as good as Alan or even better.

I hope we can sign Gallant up for 2010 on a FG contract and beyond. If not they are probaly going to rely on Lazurus as the fullback for the future.

Members online

Back