Utai

NJLM78

I've been a really big fan of his this year, but was tonight the performance that sees him dropped for Beau Ryan next week and with Lote back soon, possibly out of the first grade team altogether?

He did pick up his game in the 2nd half and probably could have got two trys if Marshall's pass was allowed but I always felt one bad performance would see him out of 1st grade.

made 3 bad mistakes. dropped a regulation pass in first half, didnt contest a bomb (which is fine but he then didnt wrap up the catcher) and he also let the ball go out.

was his worst game of the season but in saying that he still got into dummy half and first receiver and made alot of metres. hes the only one in the team who runs hard and fast at the line. his hitups are pretty much the most effective in the side.

not his best game, but definetly in next week

I could think of a few others I'd like to drop first. Utai has been great all year. Surely half a bad game doesn't warrant his sacking already? If that was the case, the whole team should be dropped.

He seems to be more of an extra forward. In defence he can be mde to look totally clueless like the try from the bomb tonight. They literally ran a ring around him & score and barely moved…C grade As an extra second rower fairly handy but is that good enough thesedays for first grade?

@tiger4ever said:
No it shouldnt he made up for 1 or 2 mistakes he made dont worry.He was much more involved then brown.

Brown has been disappointing this year. He had great form last year in our run to the semis, this year desn't seem to go seaching for it enough, looks a bit slow on the uptake.

@Ryde tiger said:
fairly handy but is that good enough thesedays for first grade?

Just on that last line, you coudlnt ridicule Utai on that. Cause lets be honest

Brown - SAFE, not really spectacular, fairly handy player.
Ayshford - Good defender, doesnt create alot…fairly handy player
Heighno - Tries hard, no impact in attack...fairly handy player
Fulton - does alot of work, no impact ... fairly handy player

Fifita , BMM , Woods - all potentially good. big guys make impact but are a bit behind the pace defensively and work rate wise...

Would be tough to single Utai out in that regard

Utai made a couple of blunders out there but he made up for them with his powerful running in my book.

There was one set there that I saw him take 2 hittups out of the 5 and he made meters both times….he could teach a few forwards a thing or two.

utai has been good this year just because he made a few mistakes he doesnt deserve this treatment, He should be one of the first picked next week. At least he has a go

anyone judging him on one bad game needs to go jump … seriously

one bad game and you're calling for his head - you guys are pathetic

Well chronicled strengths,but all his weaknesses in defence ,ball handling & & under the hi ball are becoming transparent.
The other issue is due to his lack of speed he constantly over-runs passes & gets called back for forward passes.
Still,he's better than Ryan

He's been good all year, runs the ball back hard, is hard to tackle, makes good metres…...which is better than many others on the park, they'll be nuts if they drop him

don't go looking for one player to be a scapegoat, for a bad team performance.
we have seen this happen for many seasons on this forum , and a player becomes the sacrificial scapegoat when team does not win.

@Lisa said:
Utai crap

lisa We need more women on this forum so ill go lightly on you but utai has been our best buy this year.To use a feminine analogy utai is like a pretty girl who last night had a bad hair day.

He was terrible last night but on the form he has shown this year deserves a break.

Drop him?? I have seen Ryan play games 3 times worse then that and still get selected week in week out. We would miss him big time he is the only one willing to put there hand up and run it up from our own end in one set he tood 2 hitups in 3 tackles, at least he has a go.

If he gets dropped on last nights game then half the team would join him.

Latest posts

Members online

Back