Watmough - sore loser

@softlaw said:
hate to say it (& i hate watmough) but he was right.
We were very very lucky to win that game.

Your kidding aren't you - we were unlucky not to win by more - Payten's knock down pass 5 mtrs out - Ryan's drop ball 2 mtrs out - Watmough scored 12 of their points that no one else in their side would have come close too - the scoreline flattered Manly and it was only the intensity of the last 15 mins that they looked good - the previous 65 mins we owned them

Mr Ink…...still pushing your point on the Big Sports Breakfast this morning,,,,T.K had to stand behind his mate's Slats Manly team.....but at least you got it off your chest, hey

His stats were amazing for that game…..just for the record

23 runs for 269m
Played all 80 minutes
13 tackle breaks
29 tackles
9 offloads
3 line Breaks
2 Tries

Except for tackles made, he beat everyone else on the park by double or more.......I would be peerved off as well if I put on effort like that , and someone shoves a mike in my face after a narrow loss like that......you always saying Ink that your sick of hearing how our team is always the good guys of the league, going to hospital, helping little old ladies across the street etc ..... well ....this is the animal football machine opposite who doesn't give a stuff about the enemy....the Rambo of the NRL.....you can't have it both way

Did he make his comments while he was still on the field? If so, I can truly understand him. The bitter disappointment would be so much after losing a game like that. It would take time to compose himself.

But if he said it in the post-match media conference, that would definitely show poor sportsmanship.

So my question is, where did he say it?

He is a class player but not a class act. What more can you expect from Anthony "Mr AVO" Watmough

@Juro said:
Did he make his comments while he was still on the field? If so, I can truly understand him. The bitter disappointment would be so much after losing a game like that. It would take time to compose himself.

But if he said it in the post-match media conference, that would definitely show poor sportsmanship.

It was 2 min after fulltime….and I agree. If I had just put in an effort like that and some one aksed me for an interview straight away, i would just be really disappointed not to get the win.
Why should he give us all the credit when we could nt even tackle the guy when the game was on the line.
I would love to have a Watmough type of player in our pack.

I agree he is a very good player right now.

But remember a Watmough type player can easily switch to a Gallen type player who plays to do everything himself to the detriment of the team.

Watmough kept them in it but which side was more a team performance. Not one of our stars really dropped the hammer and give Galloway some match fitness and we may be on to something.

@softlaw said:

Luck?

Whilst we received the first 4 penalties of the match, Manly then received the next 5 and were camped on our line the entire first half. Wests defended brilliantly - there was no luck in keeping them scoreless in the first half. That is what won us the game.

Wests have now provided the blue print of how to beat them. Orford and Lyon have to be one of the worst half combinations in the top eight. Everything they do is well before the line. Wests used their line speed to pressure these two players who under pressure, came up with poor decision making. You hold Manly in the forwards, use your line speed to pressure the halves and do your best to contain Watmough.

Back to the penalty count, the post game interview with Hasler was interesting. His opening statement complained of the 4-0 penalty count in the early stages of the first half. Andy Raymond then reminded him that Manly got the next 5\. Hasler did not even recognise the comment and continued to complain.

yeah we were also lucky to keep them scoreless for 53 mins with our last penalty coming in the 7th minute :unamused:
when robbie nailed the field goal our intensity dropped and manly's didnt, probably due to fatigue as much as the scoreline. as stated without watmough they dont get near us.
as for watmough being a sore loser him and hasler were pathetic always have been always will be. choc is a redneck and hasler just says whatever he wants i dont remember him ever making sence when he talks its always a load of rubbish.
i dont care if its 2 mins after the siren, the mic wasnt shoved in his face he agreed to an interview, we came out wanting the win more then they did, our defence brought "luck"

@Gary Bakerloo said:
@softlaw said:

Luck?

Whilst we received the first 4 penalties of the match, Manly then received the next 5 and were camped on our line the entire first half. Wests defended brilliantly - there was no luck in keeping them scoreless in the first half. That is what won us the game.

exactly right. manly were lying ALL over us and deserved to be penalised. hell if the refs were fair dinkum the penalty count would have been 10-0 at halftime! however they didnt want to 'ruin the contest' so gave up on policing the ruck, which only benefited manly.

how we didnt get a penalty in the second half was ridiculous. i hate how refs try to even the game out, its making the nrl a farce.

Choc is nodoubt an absolute meataxe and boofed. He also probably deserved the MOM ,IMO. The mans comittement to his team and club is absolute and total. This could be why we all hate him so much. He also has every right to be filthy on his mates who couldnt realy aim up. But as stated in an earlier post he/they need to show a lot more respect to and for their opposition if they are going to be a realistic threat this year. As for us , well we were guts perconified, we had excellent energy, enthusiasm and focus. Go you good thing.

The guys just competitive.

After the way he played in the origin for the blues i have new found respect for watmough lots of mungrel and passion.Avo doesnt make him a bad person there as easy to get as a loaf of bread these days.

He shouldve got penalised alot more though they were slowing us down all night which suited there bigger forwards hence why they comeback at the end.

Never liked the bloke, just the look in his eyes with his blank stare makes me think hes either drugged up or off with the fairies.

This just adds more fuel to my death-ride Manly fire :slight_smile:

@Aladinsane said:

23 runs for 269m
Played all 80 minutes
13 tackle breaks
29 tackles
9 offloads
3 line Breaks
2 Tries

Except for tackles made, he beat everyone else on the park by double or more.......I would be peerved off as well if I put on effort like that , and someone shoves a mike in my face after a narrow loss like that......you always saying Ink that your sick of hearing how our team is always the good guys of the league, going to hospital, helping little old ladies across the street etc ..... well ....this is the animal football machine opposite who doesn't give a stuff about the enemy....the Rambo of the NRL.....you can't have it both way

Very true mate we carrie on about how the players in this era! are like girls with their hair jell and pretty boy image and their Tatts hahahhaah
Watmough is old school and we need players like that if this game is to remain a MANs Game!!!

@tiger sean said:
Best on ground played out of his skin
but what a sore loser.

Exactly. He was having trouble comphrehending how the Tigers managed to win I think. His arrogance blinds his judgement IMO.

@Aladinsane said:

23 runs for 269m
Played all 80 minutes
13 tackle breaks
29 tackles
9 offloads
3 line Breaks
2 Tries

When we played Manly at the start of the season, Stewart beat us single-handedly. Last night, this guy almost did the same thing.

I wish we had the luxury of moving Ellis to mark Choc in the latter stages

@Juro said:
Did he make his comments while he was still on the field? If so, I can truly understand him. The bitter disappointment would be so much after losing a game like that. **It would take time to compose himself.**

I heard him give credit to his team twice, but none to ours, that is what peed me off, I thought he had the time to compose himself to rap his blokes _twice_, but apparently according to a caller on 2SM this arvo he diod say "I dont wanna take nothing away from the tigers….but..."

....I mustve missed that bit.

Staff online

Members online

Back