We can win our next 5

@NJLM78 said:
The Raiders will be tough, but at least its a daytime game. We seem to have played much better on Sunday afternoons this year. Having said that our Monday night form is surprising good as well.

My stats are pretty impressive on this matter:

SO far we have played 3 monday night games. We have won all 3 games.

This is not the only fact. In all of the monday night games, the opposition has failed to score a point in the second half.

It seems like a few people are setting themselves up for a fall, what happened for everyone to get such high hopes, have you all got short memories.

It will be tough to win our next five games, but it is possible. If we beat canberra then I think we are a massive chance of making the top 8 but if we loose then our chances are very slim so I think this weekend is do or die against the raiders.

We have a good run home, Parra, Cronulla and Roosters should be easy and if we can beat the raiders and continue our good monday night football against the eagles, we could be heading into 8 in a row :astonished:

@Centaur said:
Based on todays effort I think the Tigers are capable of winning all remaining games except for the Bulldogs game.

Why wouldn't we be confident of beating the Bulldogs? Last time we played them Benji was out and we still only lost on one conversion. Next time, we are at home - we should be favorites!

@Paris Cobbs said:
@Centaur said:
Based on todays effort I think the Tigers are capable of winning all remaining games except for the Bulldogs game.

Why wouldn't we be confident of beating the Bulldogs? Last time we played them Benji was out and we still only lost on one conversion. Next time, we are at home - we should be favorites!

I agree, the only game that scares me is the Titans game.

Has everyone lost their minds! I'll offer anyone 200/1 of us making the eight.

@TIGER said:
Has everyone lost their minds! I'll offer anyone 200/1 of us making the eight.

I'm with you. People have short memories.

We win two games, one against Souths and the other against a Cowboys team that can't play away from home and suddenly we are going to win 7 out of our last 8 games?

Hasn't the last four years taught anyone anything? We win a couple of games against mediocre opposition (admittedly the Cowboys aren't mediocre) and everyone starts talking us up. Destined for failure and IMO we'll lose this week.

I'd love to be wrong.

http://img403.imageshack.us/i/ladder.png/

Cowboys have a very difficult run home and I highly doubt they'll make the 8.

That Panthers win hurt bad, they have a fairly straight-forward run home… they play Dragons, Knights, Broncos, Warriors, Rabbits & Eels.

Broncos have Raiders, Sharks, Panthers, Dragons, Cowboys, Raiders.

So, I think the bottom eight will be fighting the Broncos for the eighth spot.. it's hard to see us making it but you never know.

Well that was an easy start to our 5 game stretch.

If we get pasty Manly then 5 is a real possibility.

cowgirls wil miss the 8 where a better team then them always have been just the record didnt show it

our problem will be getting past the Broncos they have a easy run home

It can be done. Especially with Moltzen at half, he's been doing a great job

well the way the boys been playing its possible, another team to watch out for is parra hayne is playing like a man possessed bit like benji from 05 and if they somehow make the finals they will give it a shake…. but id happily see tigers get 8th and beat the dragons the next week :slight_smile:

I've just done the ladder predictor thingo and found it is possible to make the 8 even if we lose 3 (manly,titans, bulldogs) and end up with 26 points.
It just needs cowboys or panthers to get the wobbles, which is not out of the realms of possibilty by any means.
In any case we should be able to jag at least one of those three and not have to rely on other teams.

Back