We could be third after this week

everett

With the Titans beating Manly by 18 points in brings them to 18 points with a for/against 0.

If the Broncos beat Souths, Souths remain on 16 points.

Wests Tigers with the bye go to 18 points with a for/against of 19.

Table would read

St George 22
Penrith 20
Wests Tigers 18

If we beat the Raiders and the Broncos can beat the Panthers then we could end up second.

Then the following week we play St George for top spot.

Faith is in our hands plus that of the Broncos.

I'm not too sure how it would sit being up the top of the ladder. It somewhat changes context of our expansive game. We go from 'Hunters' to being the 'Hunted'???

Nice thought though…

Hope the Raiders side that played tonight turns up at Leichhardt next week. If we're on, we'll belt them.

I cant say we deserve to be on top at the moment.
But if we beat the Raiders and then the Dragons, thats 5 wins in a row, a 9-5 record and with a record like that past halfway though the season, you deserve to be in the top 2 or 3 in my opinion.
In saying that, as the cliches go, lets take it one week at a time and not get to far ahead of ourselves.

Its the Craziest Table I've ever seen.

The Storm are still beating teams even tho they are bottom and can't earn points. That's the x factor in this season. That and the fact the Broncos have now won 4 straight in spite of the fact they were bottom for a while earlier on in the year. The Sharkies have done us a favor with their unexpected wins over the Roosters and Parra. This has kept both teams out of the top 4\. Even the Cowboys were able to get up and keep the Raiders out of the 8 this week.

I'm not particularly interested in winning streaks. However, If we have another one of these 3-4 match losing streaks we will slip out of the eight in a flash.

@T-REXX said:
@stryker said:
To me that says a lot about the standard of the competition this season.

yeah the salary cap is working and its an even comp…

Nah man what it shows is that there is simply not enough first grade standard players in the comp anymore. The NRL needs to shed at least two clubs to survive.

I would seriously rate our season a 5/10 so far…and we're a chance at being third on the ladder after this round. Saints and Panthers deserve their positions but we are very lucky. We cant possibly miss the 8 with the comp being so inconsistent....surely??

@stryker said:
@T-REXX said:
@stryker said:

Nah man what it shows is that there is simply not enough first grade standard players in the comp anymore. The NRL needs to shed at least two clubs to survive.

I would seriously rate our season a 5/10 so far…and we're a chance at being third on the ladder after this round. Saints and Panthers deserve their positions but we are very lucky. We cant possibly miss the 8 with the comp being so inconsistent....surely??

Not enough first grade standard players anymore?? Compared to when?? To what era are you referring to? What will happen if the NRL doesn't axe two clubs?? When is the NRL going to go bust..??

I totally agree about the lack of talent you have to look no further than the NSW origin selections of HAS BEEN old dudes show me the talent!!!Or is there no talent on the selection bench?

@everett said:

without any state of origin representitives no less… because apparently we have no players "MADE FOR ORIGIN" :laughing:

Using the Nrl Ladder Predictor, I have the top 8 as follows:

1\. St George Dragons
2\. Penrith Panthers
3\. Wests Tigers
4\. Gold Coast Titans
5\. Paramatta Eels
6\. Canberra Raiders
7\. Manly Sea Eagles
8\. New Zealand Warriors

Bulldogs get the Wooden Spoon proper, and we play Canberra at the SFS on Saturday Night in the first week of the Finals

Also we are 1st on Toyota Cup Ladder and BRET and Wests are 1st and 4th on the NSW Cup Ladder respectively.

@everett said:
With the Titans beating Manly by 18 points in brings them to 18 points with a for/against 0.

If the Broncos beat Souths, Souths remain on 16 points.

Wests Tigers with the bye go to 18 points with a for/against of 19.

Table would read

St George 22
Penrith 20
Wests Tigers 18

If we beat the Raiders and the Broncos can beat the Panthers then we could end up second.

Faith is in our hands plus that of the Broncos.

thats fantastic … but if we dont finish in the top 8 come the end of round 26 then so what ......weve seen it all before ... a top 4 finish is what i want if we are going to be contenders this year .....

@T-REXX said:
@stryker said:

garbage its working ….. the games are played at an average standard .....remember the roosters game at campbo ?the souths game... .. then the warriors beat souths .. then we smash the warriors .... is that the salry cap working ? i dont think so ...the sharks belting the roosters .. and so on ....now if the blues win on wednesday night im convinced the game is rigged ........

its not working there is a difference between a good comp and a close comp.. having said that no cap would mean Storm v Broncos Grand final every year like the EPL the same 4 teams would be up there

@Golden said:
its not working there is a difference between a good comp and a close comp.. having said that no cap would mean Storm v Broncos Grand final every year like the EPL the same 4 teams would be up

It is only Sydney people who think this!

Why? They are scared 'their' team won't survive expansion, so let's have a Restriction to keep us in the comp.

The Independent Commission WILL expand the Competition and it WILL cull Sydney Teams…

@stryker said:

\

@TIGERS said:
@stryker said:
@T-REXX said:

Not enough first grade standard players anymore?? Compared to when?? To what era are you referring to? What will happen if the NRL doesn't axe two clubs?? When is the NRL going to go bust..??

You only gotta look at this weekends games minus 30 odd best players

@Tiger Watto said:
@Golden said:
its not working there is a difference between a good comp and a close comp.. having said that no cap would mean Storm v Broncos Grand final every year like the EPL the same 4 teams would be up

It is only Sydney people who think this!

Why? They are scared 'their' team won't survive expansion, so let's have a Restriction to keep us in the comp.

The Independent Commission WILL expand the Competition and it WILL cull Sydney Teams…

my team already hasn't survived I had to take the merger.. if we were to fold with all we have left that would be it for me with League wouldn't follow it anymore

people keep saying national and its only the non Sydney fans saying that too.. what would you rather 100 years of tradition or kill it off and put it teams like Adelaide Western Reds back? which have already failed.. hell Melbourne has made the finals every year and they couldn't care less down there.

They already tried to expand and failed

Back