We declined when Farah went off

Milky

Halatau goes to hooker and suddenly nothing goes right, if Taylor wants to bench Farah he needs to have someone who is capable of replacing him.

Yeah I don't understand the logic in it ??
After half time next week we'll most likely get slaughtered !
Without woods and Farah on we look lost IMO

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

Rubbish. We had Tapau, Woods and Galloway all off with Farah but you blame Dene pfft.

Dene had a great game defense and attack.

Smart move by Taylor to test the young kids wthout the leaders. They handled it beautifully.

@southerntiger said:
Rubbish. We had Tapau, Woods and Galloway all off with Farah but you blame Dene pfft.

Smart move by Taylor to test the young kids wthout the leaders. They handled it beautifully.

Thank you,,,saved me typing it

@Milky said:
Halatau goes to hooker and suddenly nothing goes right, if Taylor wants to bench Farah he needs to have someone who is capable of replacing him.

Halatau is defensively capable of replacing him. He defended pretty well and seemed fine getting to the ruck. Although I don't really understand the interchange either..

Look more an issue that at the same time we had no Keefy , Farah , Woods and Taupau

That's the problem in my opinion

@innsaneink said:
Halatau did nothing wrong…youre looking for a scapegoat for the halves

Halatau was great. His service was great at dummy half and in the forwards he made some real good runs. His defence was also quality.

I doubted him but after that performance he has a spot in the team and can really help us out.

Dene shows no composure and can not pass. We need creativity from the hooker position and he doesn't offer that, what are we getting out of playing him? yes Farah gets a break but we are failing when he is off. He is capeable of 80.

The game was well within our control when Farah went off. The youngsters were able to take a bit more responsibility with their captain off the field. If Dragons scored a try within this period, which they didn't, Farah would be have been back on is a flash. Talking about Farah I wonder if he remembered that little hole in the Campbelltown fence tonight. It now seems like a long time ago thank goodness.

@Milky said:
Dene shows no composure and can not pass. We need creativity from the hooker position and he doesn't offer that, what are we getting out of playing him? yes Farah gets a break but we are failing when he is off. He is capeable of 80.

Halatau's passing game was fine tonight, as was his effort and performance. We had our 3 main go-forward players all sitting on the bench - that was the problem and the metres Woods, Galloway and Taupau each made prove it.

@Milky said:

I don't think you watched the game. Dene was good. Robbie took some poor options.

@Milky said:

Can tell your young mate. More to it than that, Woods, Galloway and Taupau all off the field at the same time as Farah.

Is Taylor trying to conserve Robbie and reduce his chance of injury? Robbie always hated being benched and can play the 80.

I'm just curious as to why Taylor has taken this approach.

Dene went alright tonight and he has good experience which is extremely valuable, but I would much rather a sparky player like Cherrington coming on who is a bit more creative than Halatau playing hooker if that is the approach Taylor intends on using each game. Would also help us hold onto Cherrington long term so he doesn't look for other options to get game time. Halatau is definitely a better utility though.

I just think we might be better off with an extra prop or strike back rower on the bench though especially when our big units come off. We seemed to lose momentum with Keith, Woods and Marty and Farah off the field.

@tigertye said:
Is Taylor trying to conserve Robbie and reduce his chance of injury? Robbie always hated being benched and can play the 80.

\
\

Im thinking Taylor is killing two birds with one stone, one reducing Farah's over importance at the club and two putting Brooks and Moses under pressure without Farah to make them better all round players.

@tigertye said:

Dene went alright tonight and he has good experience which is extremely valuable, but I would much rather a sparky player like Cherrington coming on who is a bit more creative than Halatau playing hooker if that is the approach Taylor intends on using each game. Would also help us hold onto Cherrington long term so he doesn't look for other options to get game time. Halatau is definitely a better utility though.

I just think we might be better off with an extra prop or strike back rower on the bench though especially when our big units come off. We seemed to lose momentum with Keith, Woods and Marty and Farah off the field.

Halatau went good , but I think .. ( not that I'm entitled to it ) a memo from the coach in his benching of Farah ?
Although Robbie doesn't seem upset about it .

Yep I am no Halatau fan but I have no complaints about tonight, and indeed contrary to the OP I thought the first 10 after half time we looked OK.

Halatau offers zero in attack and he's just too slow to be playing hooker.
Everyone is on about the new rules favouring the fast, creative hookers and we dish up Dene to replace Farah?
Sure he's experienced and makes plenty of tackles but he should not be spending time at dummy half.
Obviously Taylor doesn't want a rookie doing the job (and leaving us with an entire rookie spine) but Dene is never going to be a concern to any teams defensive structure.
Problem is we don't have anyone else with the experience to put there.
I'd be leaving Farah on for the 80.

@southerntiger said:

Spot on.

Woods, Galloway and Tapou created in real go forward , made it easy for Farah

Latest posts

Members online

Back