Wests Magpies Player Charged

Not defamation. To win a court case of defamation you need to prove that the thing said was untrue/unsubstantiated and impacts their reputation.

At best you could demand they issue a correction to say that he's a Wests Magpies player, not a Wests Tigers player, and then you look like a fool for trying to massage the news story (and they know they got a reaction from you). You also piss off Magpies. Article already says club declined to comment.
Did they gag and hog tie Lee and lock him in a sound proof cell?

Fun Police here.

Changed the Title of the thread as this Allegation is before the courts now.

Please be mindful that nothing posted on the WTF is truly anonymous.

The media INTENTIONALLY goes after click bytes ONLY, so instead of just stating the facts e.g. a person (no NAMES, no GENDER, no AGE) ALLEGEDLY killed that guy, the MSM instead go for spicy click byte!
This UNLAWFUL media abuse of privacy must STOP, the media plays police, prosecutor, judge, and jury
without any consequences!🤬
Oh please... The things that wind people up these days

Not defamation. To win a court case of defamation you need to prove that the thing said was untrue/unsubstantiated and impacts their reputation.

At best you could demand they issue a correction to say that he's a Wests Magpies player, not a Wests Tigers player, and then you look like a fool for trying to massage the news story (and they know they got a reaction from you). You also piss off Magpies. Article already says club declined to comment.
But it is defamation.

What they said was untrue and negatively impacts our reputation and brand. We need the correction. Yes the Magpies may get upset but it's their mess, their brand, their player.

The kid has never been and will never be a Wests Tigers player.

If the article reported him as a magpies player then it wouldn't have got as much traction, the media uses us for clickbait, only this time it's not sports related but regular news.

Fun Police here.

Can we change the title to correctly state 'Wests Magpies player' or even 'u19s benchie'.

Update: Thanks!

Last edited:
Fun Police here.

LMAO. I'd be interested at how the title of the thread was going to pervert the cause of justice but I wont require you to waste your time.

FWIW, the whole point of the clearly sarcastic title was to highlight the rank hypocrisy of the media, along with a subtle gee up about how soft we are supposed to be at Wests Tigers. It was an obvious item of satire.

I dont know if anyone noticed, but the story had originally appeared on news.com.au on Tuesday night.

At that time, there was zero mention about Wests Tigers or the NRL, it was purely a young man had been arrested for the murder of a known criminal.

The next day, the Sydney Morning Herald gets hold of it and Wests Tigers are named and shamed for the click bait.

That afternoon, new.com.au gets on board with the Wests Tigers angle.

I dont know this young guy, never heard of him until yesterday. He now finds himself in a terrible predicament. I assume that he is innocent of these charges. It is now up to the Crown to prove them beyond a reasonable doubt.

LMAO. I'd be interested at how the title of the thread was going to pervert the cause of justice but I wont require you to waste your time.

FWIW, the whole point of the clearly sarcastic title was to highlight the rank hypocrisy of the media, along with a subtle gee up about how soft we are supposed to be at Wests Tigers. It was an obvious item of satire.

I dont know if anyone noticed, but the story had originally appeared on news.com.au on Tuesday night.

At that time, there was zero mention about Wests Tigers or the NRL, it was purely a young man had been arrested for the murder of a known criminal.

The next day, the Sydney Morning Herald gets hold of it and Wests Tigers are named and shamed for the click bait.

That afternoon, new.com.au gets on board with the Wests Tigers angle.

I dont know this young guy, never heard of him until yesterday. He now finds himself in a terrible predicament. I assume that he is innocent of these charges. It is now up to the Crown to prove them beyond a reasonable doubt.
It was not a name and shame. It was a name drop to get clicks.

Who are affiliated to the Wests Tigers. Seriously, this is semantical. Surely, this isn’t your biggest grievance today.
yes there's an affiliation, but that doesn't mean that every single player that plays for an affiliate is considered a player for the parent club.
Is every single player at every age group at East Brisbane Tigers labelled as a Melbourne Storm player? Are the 16year olds running around for Townsville Blackhawks all Souths players too?

No, they only cross that line once the contracts are drawn that way.

In any case i hope the kid gets his life sorted but sadly it looks like his life may be over before it even started. If he's proven to be guilty he'll spend most of his adult life in jail....

yes there's an affiliation, but that doesn't mean that every single player that plays for an affiliate is considered a player for the parent club.
Is every single player at every age group at East Brisbane Tigers labelled as a Melbourne Storm player? Are the 16year olds running around for Townsville Blackhawks all Souths players too?

No, they only cross that line once the contracts are drawn that way.

In any case i hope the kid gets his life sorted but sadly it looks like his life may be over before it even started. If he's proven to be guilty he'll spend most of his adult life in jail....
Well the club just released a statement acknowledging him as one of their junior players. Pretty much settles it

Well the club just released a statement acknowledging him as one of their junior players. Pretty much settles it

Yep, we obviously taken ownership of him.
Thanks for posting.

Back