WESTS TIGERS CLEAN OUT

Mate if it was just a coaching issue why can't we attract a coach to walk in and fix the problem? The divide between the haves and the have nots is massive and is reflected by results, and players/managers seeing us as a last resort. The signatures of Api and IP looked like a change for the better and then we went and sacked the coach who oversaw it and upset the senior players who we are trying to retain. Our success will only come from the strengthening of the squad and in that department we take one step forward and two back year after year.
Agree with most of what you said, but my argument stays, our ex coach totally destroyed defence that Cleary built, preferred mediocre, out of form players and never tried any player Kimmorley introduced.
Agree, some of them could be a miss, but endlessly trying the same players and expect a different result ...

Reactions: 851
I was all for Nofa going to the Storm because clearly there was a problem with his attitude and thought it might help him pull his head in. As a player he walks into our side every week -without doubt. My problem is that we helped Melbourne out and got nothing back in return for our squad when we are scrapping every week to pick a team. Terrible for morale in our team while Nofa has got a grin from ear to ear - rewarded him for being undisciplined. In hindsight the timing for the loan suited Melbourne but did nothing for our squad. I don't think you will see us doing it again.
Sheens has increased Nofas value as teams can see how he plays in a good squad. Otherwise he returns with more experience. It’s a smart play this year was toast long ago.

Sheens has increased Nofas value as teams can see how he plays in a good squad. Otherwise he returns with more experience. It’s a smart play this year was toast long ago.
From what I’ve seen to date Nofa is same old same old.
Its just that he is surrounded by a decent players at Melbourne.
For me he is not +$500k player and that goes for most wing 3/4 merchants.

R these just allegations or is there proof and if so who are the offending ratbags?
If true get rid of them for stupidity.
AJ Kepoa

No proof other than some at the game hearing it and being able to lip read what looks like some nasty words during live game broadcast.

Nothing has been stated publicly so I guess, "what happens on field, stays on field" as no player to my knowledge has came forward and complained, as we would've heard more about it by now.

2022 salary cap $9.3 mill for top 30 = $310k ave salary for ave player
$500k not hugely above ave but $1.1mill is
Just putting the numbers in perspective
And anyone who thinks they are getting Manu for $500k are as delusional as those who think they can turn Brooks around after 9 seasons, 4 or 5 coaches have tried and failed, just give it up already and move on

We need winners and the winners are in the top eight teams, we need to be white anting those teams. We've got 2 in Api and Paps ( 3 if you count Naden ( 61% )) let's get a few more of those 50+% winning players. Eighth side this year averages over 54% per player over their careers.Winning becomes habitual.

Back