Wests Tigers Coaches

We need Magpiegate, someone to break into an office and take photos of the recruitment file.

Based on @CloudyGlocks assertions, by a process of deduction, I hazard a guess that we might be close to signing Morris after all.

At least 9 spots to fill, still some fair players on the market.

Last edited:
I very much doubt Sheens would be dumb enough to even consider coaching gig.
When you get into 70s the last thing you need is the stress associated with the job.
You can see how quickly people turn against you from the increasing negative comments from the usual suspects on here aimed at the man employed to try and get us out of this mess. And he’s been what 6-8 months in the job.
Some on here should just be ashamed.
Good post. We've had 3.5 years of crap, the club has recognised this and acted. A new coach will be appointed. It is tough times from now to end of year but we all recognised this would happen. Push through some more young players to give them a taste of the NRL.

Sheens needs to hold press conference to tell our suffering supporters what the hell is going on
We've just gone tryless against the team with the worst defensive record and that should ring alarm bells
Even last year finishing 13th we could sure score some trys I remember putting on 8 against broncos at suncorp ! That would unimaginable now
Mr Sheens its an emergency

Sheens needs to hold press conference to tell our suffering supporters what the hell is going on
We've just gone tryless against the team with the worst defensive record and that should ring alarm bells
Even last year finishing 13th we could sure score some trys I remember putting on 8 against broncos at suncorp ! That would unimaginable now
I never gave us a chance yesturday we were up against the warriors team playing there first home game in 3 years infront of a sold out crowd of kiwis in the piss having a huge party there defence would have stopped most teams it was a very spirited game from them we had No chance from the get go

More empty promises and explanations of a future that may never occur...

Sheens can just stay in the background, eating sausage sizzles at the lower grade games and try and work out this miss we are in.... quietly.

Real Gs move in silence.. like a Gnome.
(Noddy)

The time for talking is over.

I never gave us a chance yesturday we were up against the warriors team playing there first home game in 3 years infront of a sold out crowd of kiwis in the piss having a huge party there defence would have stopped most teams it was a very spirited game from them we had No chance from the get go
Did they give themselves a chance? I don't think so, there's a loser mentality right through the joint

I listened to Flanagan yesterday & I wouldn't be disappointed if he got the Coaches job, he said a few good things about the Tigers & was giving our young blokes a rap.
Well at least we know he’s good at being a politician. He’ll need that given the media pressure.

Whomever gets the job has to have experience this is to big of a job for a rookie coach and Sheens is past it as the game has changed so he will not be great help , For me it’s Flanno I can’t see any one else who has had a gig in NRL level and went well with crap team to competitive to champions

this Anthony Barnes link is interesting. responsible for the progression of a stack of Roosters first graders and obviously understands what is required to develop youngsters to play first grade at an elite level.

while I'd prefer Morris simply down to NRL experience it's a very interesting call and one I'd be happy with if it's the way Sheens opted to go.

The call on sacking Madge mid season was a mistake!
If only because we hadn’t lined anyone up yet to step into the role next year.

We we’re probably almost certain that ciraldo was going to step up, but we should have got his signature as an option for us before axing Madge.

Unless people are minded to suggest that Noddy is a better coach or has a genuine shot Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. No question he’s trying, but we seem to be wasting time.

Last edited:
The call on sacking Madge mid season was a mistake!
How so

Whilst there has been limited improvement in terms of Game Wins this year, Madge had this Hodge Podge squad playing with intent and a positive attitude.

We had a few players returning from Injury and some decent recruits coming in 2023.

Madge Has Experience, results and the Passion to work hard. These are the traits we are looking to find in his replacement.

I disagree everyone in the club needs to keep their big mouths shut until we sign a new coach.
I sick of this club being in the media for all the wrong reasons, and speculations.

Whilst there has been limited improvement in terms of Game Wins this year, Madge had this Hodge Podge squad playing with intent and a positive attitude.

We had a few players returning from Injury and some decent recruits coming in 2023.

Madge Has Experience, results and the Passion to work hard. These are the traits we are looking to find in his replacement.
I didn't want Madge sacked, but I disagree with this take. We were losing the last couple of games no matter who was coach. I saw us fight to hold our line yesterday and hit with purpose and to hurt. We got in the Warriors face early and that kept us in the game in the first half.

CC said last year that he would not consider a role if there was already a First Grade coach in place. That forced us to roll the dice. It's not a matter of whether the decision was a success or failure, but rather if Madge isn't the coach to bring through our kids in the next 2-3 years then we need to find someone who can. None of the options really motivate me so I like that the club may be looking outside the square.

Staff online

Members online

Back