Wests Tigers Coaches

Whilst there has been limited improvement in terms of Game Wins this year, Madge had this Hodge Podge squad playing with intent and a positive attitude.

We had a few players returning from Injury and some decent recruits coming in 2023.

Madge Has Experience, results and the Passion to work hard. These are the traits we are looking to find in his replacement.

Think you may be suffering delusion of grandeur with this squad and ex coach.

Whilst there has been limited improvement in terms of Game Wins this year, Madge had this Hodge Podge squad playing with intent and a positive attitude.

We had a few players returning from Injury and some decent recruits coming in 2023.

Madge Has Experience, results and the Passion to work hard. These are the traits we are looking to find in his replacement.
Move on champ, Fadge is gone!! Get over it, remember this is the team he put together...
With 2 teams already needing a new coach, they had to bite the bullet before someone grabbed Ciraldo!
By all reports he wouldn’t negotiate with us unless we had no coach. I believe he was all lined up and infurred that he would take the job. But then the media started death ridding us and his mate blood clot did the same, he went running! Can’t blame him in some ways, they all said he would be an idiot to join us, ‘career suicide’.
But 851 said some smart things regarding this matter in a previous post. I think he’s on the soft side for not having a go and says more about the game at the moment.
Media slams us for being a basket case, yet when we try to improve and sign a good up and coming coach. Then they hammer him for thinking about it, can’t win with this rhetoric....

I didn't want Madge sacked, but I disagree with this take. We were losing the last couple of games no matter who was coach. I saw us fight to hold our line yesterday and hit with purpose and to hurt. We got in the Warriors face early and that kept us in the game in the first half.

CC said last year that he would not consider a role if there was already a First Grade coach in place. That forced us to roll the dice. It's not a matter of whether the decision was a success or failure, but rather if Madge isn't the coach to bring through our kids in the next 2-3 years then we need to find someone who can. None of the options really motivate me so I like that the club may be looking outside the square.
Whilst we still had Madge, we should have asked cc to sign an option to coach us if we didn’t have a first grade coach.

There’s no legal requirement that this step needed to be made public by us or him.

If he said “no” fine, we move on, but we should have locked him in.

But instead we took a massive risk, we exposed ourselves to public humiliation, degradation and it’s plainly evident, there was no plan B if Ciraldo ratted.

No plan B.
We’ve had 6 or 7 months to consider alternate coaches, no doubt a few have applied, so what do we do?

We twiddle our thumbs for a month…and counting…. and expose ourselves to competition from other clubs.

And now we wait for the Titans and Knights to join the fray.

Last edited:
More empty promises and explanations of a future that may never occur...

Sheens can just stay in the background, eating sausage sizzles at the lower grade games and try and work out this miss we are in.... quietly.

Real Gs move in silence.. like a Gnome.
(Noddy)

The time for talking is over.

Bra - Noddy is cabbage as a coach...
You'll hold out as long as you can, But he'll get you in the end.

CC said last year that he would not consider a role if there was already a First Grade coach in place.

Really. So a rookie coach says I won't consider the role and therefore we sack an experienced coach. That is stupid.

I understand sacking the coach prior to looking for a new coach. That is called integrity. The problem is it's pretty hard to see a better coach out of all the available options than Madge.

Really. So a rookie coach says I won't consider the role and therefore we sack an experienced coach. That is stupid.

I understand sacking the coach prior to looking for a new coach. That is called integrity. The problem is it's pretty hard to see a better coach out of all the available options than Madge.

May not be one mate, But just because a coach isn't as good
- Doesn't mean he won't get a better result....

Reactions: 851
We should have asked cc to sign an option to coach us if we didn’t have a first grade coach.

There’s no legal requirement that this step needed to be made public by us or him.

If he said “no” fine, we move on.

But we took a massive risk, we exposed ourselves to public humiliation and it’s plainly evident, there was no plan B if Ciraldo ratted.

No plan B.

And now @CloudyGlock is flying the flag for suspected candidates. Right or wrong, more than I have anyway.

We’ve had 6 or 7 months to consider alternate’s coaches, no doubt a few have applied, so we twiddle our thumbs for a month.
Like our Heads of Agreement with JAC? That went well too didnt it? Whatever, however we do anything- even handshake deals, its not a done deal until signatures on paper. We, and all clubs really, remain at the mercy of media journos, player managers and predatory other clubs gazumping previously agreed deals / offers.

That dastardly media 😅😅
Wake up, the media control a massive amount of the game. Hence why Sheens was trying to get them on side at grappa the other day.
They control this massive negative campaign against us, look at the dogs bottom team for years now. Yet hardly any criticism of them compared to us. And they are a power club with loads of money. Same with the donkeys over the past few years weak criticism of them either!

This squad was never worth sacking a coach for. The club had a plan and they signed two great players for next year and had plenty of cap space to build on it.
It now appears we have a new plan around development coaches and pathways focused on another three year rebuild.
What message it sends to the coaches and players who have the pressure of delivering performances in the present - so far not so good.

Like our Heads of Agreement with JAC? That went well too didnt it? Whatever, however we do anything- even handshake deals, its not a done deal until signatures on paper. We, and all clubs really, remain at the mercy of media journos, player managers and predatory other clubs gazumping previously agreed deals / offers.

No, that’s not the case, a contract doesn’t need to be in writing, but must meet other criteria.

Safer in writing to be sure.

He signs up under our option, he renegs and we sue.

Clubs and people are suing each other all the time.

But practically:

But at least if we still had Madge, and asked cc to sign an option, he says no, fine, he’s off the table and we are at least 4 weeks in front of where we are now.

We gave cc far too much say and we are paying for it. He dined out on us, the deceitful Muppet rat, but we took him out to the restaurant in the first place.

Last edited:
Wake up, the media control a massive amount of the game. Hence why Sheens was trying to get them on side at grappa the other day.
They control this massive negative campaign against us, look at the dogs bottom team for years now. Yet hardly any criticism of them compared to us. And they are a power club with loads of money. Same with the donkeys over the past few years weak criticism of them either!
Laughable to blame the media for us being crap. The club loves fools like you.

Atm its down to 2 for me

Morris or flanno

Tbh why not both, Morris as head coach and flanno as assistant

NRL Coaches since 2010

Rabbitohs 5
Johnny Lang
Michael Maguire
Anthony Seibold
Wayne Bennett
Jason Demetriou

Sharks 6
Shane Flanagan
John Morris
Craig Fitzgibbon
Caretakers: Peter Sharp, James Shepherd, Josh Hannay

Broncos 5
Anthony Griffin
Wayne Bennett
Anthony Seibold
Kevvy Walters
Caretaker: Peter Gentle

Sea Eagles 4
Des Hasler
Geoff Toovey
Trent Barrett
Des Hasler

Roosters 2
Brian Smith
Trent Robinson

Storm 1
Craig Bellamy

Cowboys 4
Neil Henry
Paul Green
Todd Payten
Caretaker: John Hannay

Titans 7
John Cartwright
Neil Henry
Garth Brennan
Justin Holbrook
Caretakers: Luke Burt, Craig Hodges, Terry Matterson

Raiders 2
Dave Furner
Ricky Stuart

Warriors 9
Ivan Cleary
Brian McLennan
Matt Elliot
Andrew McFadden
Stephen Kearney
Nathan Brown
Caretakers: Tony Iro, Todd Payten, Stacey Jones

Knights 7
Rick Stone
Wayne Bennett
Rick Stone
Nathan Brown
Adam O’Brien
Caretakers: Danny Buderus, Kristian Woolf

Wests Tigers 7
Tim Sheens
Mick Potter
Jason Taylor
Ivan Cleary
Michael Maguire
Caretakers: Andrew Webster, Brett Kimmorley

Panthers 6
Matt Elliott
Ivan Cleary
Anthony Griffin
Ivan Cleary
Caretakers: Steve Georgallis, Cameron Ciraldo

Laughable to blame the media for us being crap. The club loves fools like you.
Sorry captain negative!
Didn’t say we weren’t a crap team.
Just don’t need to run us down like u seem to get great pleasure out of.
Sad really y

NRL Coaches since 2010

Rabbitohs 5
Johnny Lang
Michael Maguire
Anthony Seibold
Wayne Bennett
Jason Demetriou

Sharks 6
Shane Flanagan
John Morris
Craig Fitzgibbon
Caretakers: Peter Sharp, James Shepherd, Josh Hannay

Broncos 5
Anthony Griffin
Wayne Bennett
Anthony Seibold
Kevvy Walters
Caretaker: Peter Gentle

Sea Eagles 4
Des Hasler
Geoff Toovey
Trent Barrett
Des Hasler

Roosters 2
Brian Smith
Trent Robinson

Storm 1
Craig Bellamy

Cowboys 4
Neil Henry
Paul Green
Todd Payten
Caretaker: John Hannay

Titans 7
John Cartwright
Neil Henry
Garth Brennan
Justin Holbrook
Caretakers: Luke Burt, Craig Hodges, Terry Matterson

Raiders 2
Dave Furner
Ricky Stuart

Warriors 9
Ivan Cleary
Brian McLennan
Matt Elliot
Andrew McFadden
Stephen Kearney
Nathan Brown
Caretakers: Tony Iro, Todd Payten, Stacey Jones

Knights 7
Rick Stone
Wayne Bennett
Rick Stone
Nathan Brown
Adam O’Brien
Caretakers: Danny Buderus, Kristian Woolf

Wests Tigers 7
Tim Sheens
Mick Potter
Jason Taylor
Ivan Cleary
Michael Maguire
Caretakers: Andrew Webster, Brett Kimmorley

Panthers 6
Matt Elliott
Ivan Cleary
Anthony Griffin
Ivan Cleary
Caretakers: Steve Georgallis, Cameron Ciraldo
Great point. Their love child, pamfers with six, funny stuff! Can u send this list to NRL360? Send it to Braith, buzzard, Reid. This is what I have been talking about in regards to media bias! Take note Gallagher!!

Latest posts

Back