Wests Tigers Coaches

We have no roster to organise .. it is what it is ..
we’ve got 2 outside recruits coming ..
5 years ….
Mate where over on the coaches thread 🤣
Do you want to bet your best paint brushes on that we won't get anymore good recruits coming..... I doubt it

Reactions: 851
Because Gardiner is actually a coach - Noddy isn't....
Coaching this rabble could have ruined a young blokes desire to coach - Or his career as one moving forward....

Noddy was chosen, Because he'll never be a coach - If it goes to shit (Like it has)
It's no harm, No foul.... There's no long term ramifications for the coach (When they're not really a coach)

That's why...
Why was Benji promoted?

Why was Benji promoted?

What promotion are you referring to?
As far as I know, He's got a gig as an assistant coach for the next couple years....

Hardly the first old player to get a gig as an assistant post playing career.

I'm sure every educator could attest to the following.
It might be far from running an NRL club or coaching a rugby league side, but our profession centres around growth and learning.
We have a knack in recognising progress indicator levels and barriers but are experienced with implementing strategies to facilitate development.
For me, it's not that difficult to see that we're currently in the early stage (phase) of a rebuild and everything that undermines this is an obstacle. With the only effective solution - to overcome this - is to remove them. I.e. players and a coach who aren't in our future.
We're simply trying to apply a more personalised approach that manages or focuses on improving the strengths and skills of individuals (or team) whilst also considering their needs in order to use the best methods to promote success or get us closer to the goal (recruitment and retention decisions).

People wanted us to stop using the bandaid solutions and now we're doing this but there's a lot of damage to undo or correct.
Honestly think the club (management) were a bit paralysed by fear as we've stagnated and hit roadbloacks we were unwilling to address.
I’m an ex educator, having applied for and successfully set up an RTO. You make it sound like some great plan that will fall into place when Sheens stops hiding behind Noddy, Benji and Robbie?
Quite honestly, I think you could do a better job than they have been doing. Let’s be honest, Sheens has been coaching this side from the time he was appointed, which includes the few months in England.

Because Gardiner is actually a coach - Noddy isn't....
Coaching this rabble could have ruined a young blokes desire to coach - Or his career as one moving forward....

Noddy was chosen, Because he'll never be a coach - If it goes to shit (Like it has)
It's no harm, No foul.... There's no long term ramifications for the coach (When they're not really a coach)

That's why...
Not like we had a long term plan for Gardiner. Timmy was busy getting the band back together.

Ladies and Gentlemen, give it up for Spinal Tap

I’m an ex educator, having applied for and successfully set up an RTO. You make it sound like some great plan that will fall into place when Sheens stops hiding behind Noddy, Benji and Robbie?
Quite honestly, I think you could do a better job than they have been doing. Let’s be honest, Sheens has been coaching this side from the time he was appointed, which includes the few months in England.
No not suggesting anything other than I understand the process. That it can't be fast tracked as its essentially following a step by step plan/procedure - to draft, execute, review and possibly revise.
I'd equate this team to being a third grade class, with a number of individuals still at prep or kindy level in their development. That they also had someone qualified as a high school educator as their teacher and that our main challenge is bringing the team up to NRL standard.

No not suggesting anything other than I understand the process. That it can't be fast tracked as its essentially following a step by step plan/procedure - to draft, execute, review and possibly revise.
I'd equate this team to being a third grade class, with a number of individuals still at prep or kindy level in their development. That they also had someone qualified as a high school educator as their teacher and that our main challenge is bringing the team up to NRL standard.
If you were to ask Karpov or Kasparov how many moves ahead they think, I’m sure they would tell you it depends on where the pieces are, and even then it wouldn’t be many. The great Frank Marshall was once asked that question and replied..only one, but it’s always the right one.

He has less experience than Noddy.

I agree
- also has less experience of getting the sack from assistant coaching roles…. Noddy has been sacked from coaching roles at 3 different NRL clubs - and at least one CRL club that I’m aware of….

Lauren, if we've been doing extremely well in every area, then how is it possible that we've lost sight of our main goal?
I also feel for the playing group and think the change process has been poorly managed. I don't think any of the players can feel any certainty about their future with the club based on the past few games. Last year we finished off in the same manner, a 38-0 loss to wooden spooners Bulldogs. There's a level of care factor that can only emanate from the top.
Incompetent mugs

I really cant understand the arguments in this thread in regard to Sheens,Marshall and Farah...its simple "the boys club that won us a premiership 17 years ago...you beauty,we will see another trophy next year for sure..thats the dream...
Reality is we are on a hiding to nothing.the game has changed,Sheens has been sacked previously and not only at our club and hasnt coached in the NRL for 10 years..
Marshall was a great player in his youth,but a defensive liability in his older days,Farah would possibly be the guy to help the hookers and show some guidance to the halves,but has to have everything his own way or the highway...
Take it from someone who has been on the cusp of pro footy....its very hard work to combine YOUR skill,ability and talent with 12 other guys in the team with more skill,ability and talent than yourself...This is why coaching is so difficult and getting the right blend of players to click and perform for 80 mins every weekend..those talented players dont come cheap and if they have all the right attributes then they come to your club at the right price,getting them to perform every week in the NRL arena for their high salary is another issue,injuries,not getting on with team mate,not respecting club management etc all come into calculation..
Overall we love our footy and team,unfortunately money,politics and nepotism have ruined a peoples game...NOW its all about directors,sponsors,agendas and jobs for your mates.......been there done that and happy to be away from the glitzy crap this game is enthralled in....

I really cant understand the arguments in this thread in regard to Sheens,Marshall and Farah...its simple "the boys club that won us a premiership 17 years ago...you beauty,we will see another trophy next year for sure..thats the dream...
Reality is we are on a hiding to nothing.the game has changed,Sheens has been sacked previously and not only at our club and hasnt coached in the NRL for 10 years..
Marshall was a great player in his youth,but a defensive liability in his older days,Farah would possibly be the guy to help the hookers and show some guidance to the halves,but has to have everything his own way or the highway...
Take it from someone who has been on the cusp of pro footy....its very hard work to combine YOUR skill,ability and talent with 12 other guys in the team with more skill,ability and talent than yourself...This is why coaching is so difficult and getting the right blend of players to click and perform for 80 mins every weekend..those talented players dont come cheap and if they have all the right attributes then they come to your club at the right price,getting them to perform every week in the NRL arena for their high salary is another issue,injuries,not getting on with team mate,not respecting club management etc all come into calculation..
Overall we love our footy and team,unfortunately money,politics and nepotism have ruined a peoples game...NOW its all about directors,sponsors,agendas and jobs for your mates.......been there done that and happy to be away from the glitzy crap this game is enthralled in....
TT, we had the "boys club" under Maguire with his initial "hand picked" assistants who were subsequently replaced by Maguire's assistants from the NZ team. You were strongly supportive of Maguire so what is the difference?

The cririsim of Sheens before next season is ridiculous but not surprising with this mob mentality lot
C’mon, Tony. You don’t think Sheens has been in control of all decisions. He has gone to great lengths to distance himself, including throwing Noddy into the front row and giving him a hospital pass.

Farah has only committed for 2 years. He has a lot going on so how effective he is remains to be seen.?

Back