Wests Tigers Home Ground Mega Thread

If you're happy sitting behind the posts... The good sideline seats eastern side and those near the coaches boxes will be membership
sat on the other side on the halfway often for away games
the place is soulless for club games

with souths and Penrith he wasn't dealing with fans from a joint venture he had souths and Penrith.
He better be moving all games to Accor then and not just the LO ones.
Can you imagine the outcry if we actually abandon Campbelltown? People say we already neglect the south west, if we no longer play our home matches there it will open up the door for Souths to move to Campbelltown fulltime.

Can you imagine the outcry if we actually abandon Campbelltown? People say we already neglect the south west, if we no longer play our home matches there it will open up the door for Souths to move to Campbelltown fulltime.
if it was campbletown getting the chop from Richo people would be going berserk.
whether we play out of Campbelltown will not change us having juniors.
if LO ain't good enough neither is CSS in my opinion we go all in with the big stadium

We won't be playing a t Campbo, so don't worry.
We won't be playing at Leichhardt either.
The man has spoken. He wants us in a stadium that holds 50000 and is good for the corporates.
Richo has said that embracing the South West doesn't necessarily involve playing games there.
It'll be Accor.
I prefer Accor over Bankwest anyday

I want to separate junior talent and game day ticket sales...

You have a huge inner Sydney supporter base and I think you alienate a lot of fans going out as far as Campbo to play home games.

I think people are too wrapped up in this "growth area" narrative. Yes, South West Sydney has over 1 million population and growing. But the growth is not coming from Australian kids or Polynesians.

Kiwi and Fijian kids make up only 12,871 people out of more than a million. Here are the stats.

View attachment 11083

The growth is coming from immigrants that wouldn't even know what rugby league is, let alone turning up to a game. The above demographics table directly contributes to average crowds of between 9-10k per game. Leichhardt is 13-14k each game. 30-40% difference. Can someone explain if Campbelltown is such a big growth area, why we have been averaging so poorly there for so many years, when Leichhardt is a regularly sold out even when we are coming last?

I'm not saying juniors aren't produced out there. Far from it, but competing for the fan dollar seems to be far more difficult out there. It shows to be the case at every Campbelltown home game.

I'm not against Campbelltown, but I think the argument that it's a growth area, so we should play games out there is a little shallow and low resolution. I don't think we'd get the results we are hoping for.

In short, juniors participation doesn't seem to correlate with ticket sales.
What's the relevance of Kiwi and Fijian kids in the statistics without mentioning Australian and English ?

My apologies 🙇‍♂️👏 Suzie-Q for giving the impression I was making it a gender issue, and I can certainly see why you would feel that.
I was simply asking about the admission price and the price of food.

From what I noticed on the tv and in stills, it 'appears' that everyone is 'standing' on the hill. I didn't realise you were able to have the luxury of spreading out a picnic rug and watching the game while still sitting on the rug, drinking JB's and eating hot dogs, wow it actually sounds like an idyllic party atmosphere, for some.

Now back to the price of food and drink provided at the ground.
How much is a hot doggie, and how much is the JB or beer or whatever?

That's all for now Suzie, see Yuh. :)
Can't help you there, BZN. GA tix were $40 each, but my brother provided the food and drinks 😉

Reactions: BZN
if it was campbletown getting the chop from Richo people would be going berserk.
if LO ain't good enough neither is CSS in my opinion we go all in with the big stadium
That's the kind of thinking that got us in the shit in the first place... "They have it so we must too" "if LO isn't good enough then neither Is CSS"

Both LO and Campbelltown are pretty dire places to watch a live game for anyone but the absolute diehards or those who live very locally.

Both remind me a bit a bit of a bloke I saw at a high school reunion recently, nice enough fella, but stuck in the past while the rest of the world has moved on.

I've had great times at both stadiums but it's time we move on as a club. A lot of people in 2024 won't pay $50 to line up for 15 minutes to use a toilet that resembles a dungeon or for some stale old hot chips. If we're serious about getting better numbers, we need to offer a better experience for the majority.

By all means have a heritage round like the Dogs do at Belmore, but we should be aiming higher.

I saw that but trying to get govt funding in a safe seat and with the Greens hating any type of development in the area could see Leichhardt go the the way of Redfern, Lidcombe and Henson and be only used for junior rep games. It would be a shame.
I’m just glad he’s trying his best. Obviously be interested to see the strat plan. Personally I think both grounds need to be brought up to modern standards due to the emergence of women’s professional sport. Sydney A League team play out of Leichhardt and Richo told a story about hosing his players down at South’s because the showers didn’t work. I think he’ll get some $$ from somewhere.

Richo made it pretty clear they both need upgrades.

I'm in Brisbane & was too young to get the logistics sorted in my head when I lived in Sydney.

That said, Campbelltown Stadium is THE answer. It needs upgrading. A stand at either end wouldn't hurt. The existing stands renovated.

I grew up a Balmain fan & Leichhardt is always going to be special. 2-3 games a year there I think is ample. Moving into a state of the art stadium, outside of the catchment area of the traditional fanbase is not a smart idea. You wouldn't suggest the Sharks play at Accor.

WE are WESTS Tigers. The western suburbs of Sydney should be our region, and the stadium should be close to those fans. I'd rather a 25,000 stadium with 17,000 Tigers/home fans than a 50,000 stadium in the city with a 50/50 split of fans between the two sides.

Home ground advantage is actually a thing. If Newcastle can have a stadium, if Penrith can have a stadium, if Cronulla can have a stadium- put our stadium in Campbelltown & let our fans populate it.

Just give them something worthwhile.

We were never going to get a COE and an upgraded LO or CSS
I think anyone who thinks either Stadium will be upgraded to the level it needs to be is dreaming
The NRL won't let games be played at LO with it as it is .....

Both LO and Campbelltown are pretty dire places to watch a live game for anyone but the absolute diehards or those who live very locally.

Both remind me a bit a bit of a bloke I saw at a high school reunion recently, nice enough fella, but stuck in the past while the rest of the world has moved on.

I've had great times at both stadiums but it's time we move on as a club. A lot of people in 2024 won't pay $50 to line up for 15 minutes to use a toilet that resembles a dungeon or for some stale old hot chips. If we're serious about getting better numbers, we need to offer a better experience for the majority.

By all means have a heritage round like the Dogs do at Belmore, but we should be aiming higher.
It's the die hards that go to the games. The biggest audience for footy is the TV audience. You have got a bigger chance of getting fans to a game at Leichardt no matter how the team is travelling than a stadium, as demonstrated on Saturday night when no one gave us much of a chance. Just like all Sydney clubs who maintain a suburban ground and have a connection to the community where it is situated.It needs money spent sure, but everyone knew that when they paid their hard earned to buy a
ticket. Everything should be done that can be, to ensure it survives so that we have at least a few games a season at a ground where the opposition is in no doubt that they are the visitors.

dribble. 16,000 went to leichhardt on Saturday, myself included. If you played that game at homebush lucky to get 10k

this is going to get worse before it gets better. despite the sentiments of many on here, myself included, I can see Richo doing a deal with Accor for us to play 12 games out of there for the next five years.

it's going to disappoint a lot of people, but I feel like it's inevitable. I'm a Campbelltown member and I don't think CSS is ready for more than 6 games a season, simply due to the crowds and poor facilities. Leichhardt is my favourite place to watch football, but the ground is in dire need of upgrades. neither can support the football club we want to be moving forward.

having 12 games at Accor for that time will put pressure on the State Government to assist the club in returning to its spiritual homes, and will eventually lead to the necessary upgrades. it's going to cause a lot of hurt in the meantime, but Richo's focus is improving the bottom line, corporates and memberships. that leads us down one road. we all know where it goes.

Back