Wests Tigers Home Ground Mega Thread

I'm not a Homebush fan, but the nomadic home ground thing isn't helping.

Long days to go in the stadium matter.

Let see how this plays out
Same. I think a knock down and re build of Campbelltown into a modern stadium. Plus a rebuild the main grandstand at LO would be ideal. Then play the majority of home games at Campbelltown..and a few at LO.
Don’t take any home games away from these two grounds.

If the NRL purchased LO it would make for a very interesting decision for our club as can’t see him agreeing to buy the stadium & upgrade it to have only 5 games a season played.

My Mates and their Kids who go for these clubs (Roosters, Melb, Broncos etc) are from out west in Syd,

Boggles the mind.

Fans gravitate to success - I will cop some rough decisions to be successful.
I went to primary school at five dock in the 70s...when the Roosters had a huge winning streak & won two comps in a row and had Fairfax and Schubert (70s version of Reece Walsh etc) all the kids that went for Balmain suddenly were Roosters fans.
My first experience of bandwaggonism, 11 year olds in the mid 70s

Reactions: BZN
It's moreso that corrupt Liberal governments have only funded stadium upgrades in safe Liberal seats, or in Penriths case, to Hope to bribe locals into voting for them, which still failed. Why is it the Labor government has morals where the Libs just serve themselves
Could mods please move this to "The things that make you laugh" thread where it belongs.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The premier came out and said LO is not getting any funding and went on to say if he gave money to LO than we would be asking for money for Cambo.

I am a labor voter as a rule, but gee I find our current premier a smug some what arrogant person. Okay yes funding a sports ground in the present environment would be a brave move by any government, but I did not like his smart arse reply.

Sydney badly needs a quality stadium in the Southwest and also a modern mid size stadium in the inner west, maybe the billions of dollars the raise through taxes from online sports betting could get channeled back into stadiums. As it has been said many time, LO and CO have many sport’s and organisations that use the grounds, it’s just not 5 Tigers games a year.

Anyway Homebush here we come except for a token game if we are lucky at our old vennues

There is no wests ! There is no Balmain ! You’re both dinosaurs , and anybody making a decision with people who carry on with this bullshit in mind … is on the road to nowhere
Your comprehension needs some work. I pointed out that the facilities at co where there for everyone's convenience.

There is no wests ! There is no Balmain ! You’re both dinosaurs , and anybody making a decision with people who carry on with this bullshit in mind … is on the road to nowhere
There actually is Wests. It’s apart of our name.

They slug us for tax at every fkn corner, not much to expect some of it to go back into community facilities. Not everyone is using schools and hospitals.
Don't disagree mate, its an investment in the local community. However, Hobart is a pretty good example of the community sentiment towards pumping money into stadiums at the moment. Not going down well at all. Just arguing its a timing thing, lots of people can't get into a home that is affordable or put food on the table, you can understand why they would baulk at that kind of money being thrown around.

It's moreso that corrupt Liberal governments have only funded stadium upgrades in safe Liberal seats, or in Penriths case, to Hope to bribe locals into voting for them, which still failed. Why is it the Labor government has morals where the Libs just serve themselves
Eddie Obeid, Joe Tripodi, Rex Jackson, Milton Orkopolous, Sam Dastayari and a host of others are having a little chuckle right now. Talk about leading with your chin.

Back in the 90's in a failed experiment, The Balmain Tigers moved to Parramatta Stadium and ditched Leichhardt. ( they also changed to Sydney Tigers) One of the reasons for the move at the time was a survey that found a really high percentage of Balmain supporters drove past Parramatta to get to Leichhardt.

The average crowds were poor, although the team was absolute dog poo at the time and membership wasn't pushed like it is today.

Richo has already made it clear he moved Souths to Homebush as a vast majority of their supporters lived in the western suburbs. I don't see how this wouldn't apply to Wests Tigers too. I love Leichhardt as much as the next person, but it needs to be put in perspective. That crowd that showed up the other night was a crowd turning out to support a footy team that was flogged the week before, if this team starts to have sustained success, how many members, supporters and corporate dollars will this club turn away to play at a "spiritual home"? The biggest problem the club made previously was a small amount of games at multiple venues, it needs to be all bar one or two at 1 venue.

The premier came out and said LO is not getting any funding and went on to say if he gave money to LO than we would be asking for money for Cambo.

I am a labor voter as a rule, but gee I find our current premier a smug some what arrogant person. Okay yes funding a sports ground in the present environment would be a brave move by any government, but I did not like his smart arse reply.

Sydney badly needs a quality stadium in the Southwest and also a modern mid size stadium in the inner west, maybe the billions of dollars the raise through taxes from online sports betting could get channeled back into stadiums. As it has been said many time, LO and CO have many sport’s and organisations that use the grounds, it’s just not 5 Tigers games a year.

Anyway Homebush here we come except for a token game if we are lucky at our old vennues
The outrageous revenue from pokies would be enough to fund 10 redevelopments of Leichhardt. I reckon half that revenue probably comes from Wests Ashfield :LOL:

Yes there is. Team name Brisbane aka Broncos. St George aka Dragons. Penrith aka Panthers. Wests aka Tigers. Etc etc. Get it?

Reactions: BZN
I rate Leichhardt but there would be very little benefit to the public to justify spending money on it. Plenty of smaller, similar sized and larger stadiums in the area, why spend on Leichhardt? Of all those stadiums they also already chose Parramatta and SFS to upgrade, I don't think they could justify Leichhardt beyond it's sentimental value to Tigers fans. I can see why they'd spend money on Penrith instead as it benefits a large and growing community out there.

Like Penrith, I think you could also justify upgrading Campbelltown, and the club should probably focus on there if they want a stadium upgraded.

I don't really think they should upgrade Leichhardt anyway, It's good as it is, even if it is too much of a relic for NRL games. Look at Parramatta Stadium now, it's not like any of its history or beauty remains.

I rate Leichhardt but there would be very little benefit to the public to justify spending money on it. Plenty of smaller, similar sized and larger stadiums in the area, why spend on Leichhardt? Of all those stadiums they also already chose Parramatta and SFS to upgrade, I don't think they could justify Leichhardt beyond it's sentimental value to Tigers fans. I can see why they'd spend money on Penrith instead as it benefits a large and growing community out there.

Like Penrith, I think you could also justify upgrading Campbelltown, and the club should probably focus on there if they want a stadium upgraded.

I don't really think they should upgrade Leichhardt anyway, It's good as it is, even if it is too much of a relic for NRL games. Look at Parramatta Stadium now, it's not like any of its history or beauty remains.
Allianz and parramatta are nsw owned stadiums, if nrl redeveloped LO it would be an nrl asset. Nrl is buying pubs and hotels at cronulla stadium so why not LO

Back