Wests Tigers Podcast - Hosted by Helmsey&Eddie.

Helmesy & Eddie was the best combination for mine, too many cooks .......
It was a friendlier, kinder pod then too

Good points about the players other than our playmakers needing to be better. Best example is Starford running at the wrong hole and AD then copping it all week long as opposed to having an important (potentially match winning) try assist.

We played that last set down the middle because of the clunkiness whenever we shift the ball wide.

Agree Brooks is now a five eighth.

We been the whipping boys that long that we watch the ball and not the defence....
What do they say - Run at spaces - Not faces....
Even if he takes that ball, I don't think he scores....

Run at the spaces often enough, The ball players will find you...
Even if it is by accident, It will happen.

Plenty of angles show a gaping hole - if he run an outside-in line at speed, worst case it’s an arms tackle. Our playmakers have been rubbish no doubt but that is made to look worse by teammates who don’t do their role.

Preaching to the perverted here man....
I shake my head at the options (Players) our play makers have had over the years...

It's better this year, But it could still be better - Much better in the OB's

I appreciate the honesty and share your pain as Wests Tigers supporters, but after listening to the podcast, I'm even more downhearted. We need to find some small kernel of positivity, somewhere. somehow.

I appreciate the honesty and share your pain as Wests Tigers supporters, but after listening to the podcast, I'm even more downhearted. We need to find some small kernel of positivity, somewhere. somehow.
We have a bye in two weeks ☺️

Good podcast,you could feel the despair in every voice as to where we are at as a club.Sadly we are where i expected us to be and the club is currently in the first year of a 5 year plan and to state the bleeeding obvious it is not working.Relying upon nostalgia and what worked almost 2 decades ago is not a viable plan and it amazes me that the club thought it would work.The club will look for scapegoats as they always do but in all honesty the board decided it was a good idea so they really are as much to blame if not more than anybody else.
Keep up the good work people as the more this fiasco gets mentioned the better.Things need to change

Any chance these podcasts could be used to channel the real feelings of WT fans or are you too close to the administration.

I have been a fan of the Tigers (the jersey) since 1988. I’m a Wests Tigers member of over 10 years, only these days because it auto-renews. It’s a four hour round trip but I used to attend around 10 games per year but lately between 0-2. I was at the Broncos semi final when we beat them in 05, the Roosters final when Braith kicked the field goal, the Dragons prelim when they beat us. I was also at the Warriors final when we choked in 2011, our last finals appearance. I watched us lose games to the Raiders and Sharks to finish 9th at LO. I am what you call a rusted on fan. Unless I’m at a wedding or a funeral, I watch the team play. Until the 80th minute.

For the last eight years we have gotten progressively worse. We have employed good coaches but they get nowhere. The players we bring in are mostly unwanted in the market. Some players come here in ok form and leave with their career in tatters.

I’m convinced we have a severe culture issue. Outside looking in there is an acceptance of low standards and poor attitude. This is reflected in everything I see from our leaders, who are too visible publicly and too ineffective where it matters- In attracting the best rugby league players. How can the best clubs attract 5/6/7 origin players and us none?!

I get personal about our leaders because to me rugby league is personal. I’ve played it, coached it, refereed it, I’ve breathed it my whole life. The leaders of our club are not footy people and they’re running it into the ground and that makes me incredibly angry. If I was in a job and making thousands of people miserable every weekend, I would simply walk away.

You guys on the pod know these guys and I’m sure they present well, but they’re doing a terrible job (call a spade a spade).
I'll mention on this weekend's edition of the pod. Thanks.

Back