WESTS TIGERS STATEMENT

@towntiger said:
@tigergran said:
@NJLM78 said:
Maybe while they are at the meeting they can let the SCG trust know that we won't be needing the venue again. All future Heritage Round games will be played at Leichhardt Oval to help the game feel like a home game for Tigers fans.

Absolutely well said, NJLM78\. Absolutely pathetic ground to watch footy from (even if the score had been different). I'd give up the Heritage value for a great view.

Is this meeting to detract from the pathetic team performance? Will take more than that to make us forget this very disappointing day after the huge buildup.

Still, I reckon I'll be watching the team next week.

Tigergran

Rubbish!
We would have locked around 11,000 fans out of Leichhardt yesterday and many would have been Tigers fans. Leichhardt is substandard and isn't up to NRL standards.
For those 11,000 you lock out at $20 per head you would cost the club $220,000 - that means you are saying you would rather lose a $200k player to have a better view. That is a very shortsighted and selfish view in my opinion. We are not playing in the 1980's Amco Cup here - the club needs big stadiums to keep operating. There will be a day when Leichhardt will not be able to host any games and that day will be sooner rather than later as much as it hurts me to say so.

They wont be locking anyone out if yesterdays performance continues..although the players mite get locked out by the supporters!

I'm devastated that I didn't get the corner post as I had exclusively predicted last week. If only I'd ignored the warnings and charged onto the field with the rest!!

pffftt!! News flash!

Of more concern would be that bunch of imposters wearing Wests Tigers jerseys yesterday? How did they get past security?

@tigergran said:
@NJLM78 said:
Maybe while they are at the meeting they can let the SCG trust know that we won't be needing the venue again. All future Heritage Round games will be played at Leichhardt Oval to help the game feel like a home game for Tigers fans.

Absolutely well said, NJLM78\. Absolutely pathetic ground to watch footy from (even if the score had been different). I'd give up the Heritage value for a great view.

Is this meeting to detract from the pathetic team performance? Will take more than that to make us forget this very disappointing day after the huge buildup.

Still, I reckon I'll be watching the team next week.

Tigergran

Fans like you keep this club ticking. Good on you.

Jeers to the pathetic efforts on the field that counteract that.

Seriously - the ball handling out there was so **PATHETIC** I was convinced the entire team was trying out for a spot with the new Western Sydney AFL franchise. I was sitting in a pub in Melbourne watching it and when a Rabbitohs fan got carried away about the Champion try in the 43rd minute being the softest you'd ever see, I leaned across and said "There's still 35 minutes left - just watch!"

I DIDN'T HAVE TO WAIT FOR 3 MINUTES BEFORE BEING PROVED RIGHT!

Seriously - the worst thing in all this is that it makes Russel Crowe happy.

That was just such a low.

Back