Wests Tigers Team v Cowboys

@alex said:
@Ghostdogg said:
So is Dwyer actually a forward? Or another manufactured backrower?

Started off in the centres but has grown into his body and is definitely a wide running back rower. I wouldnt say he's been misused and manufactured, I think the backrow is definitely his spot. Very similar player to Ellis.

Cheers. Good to see 2 young forwards on the bench then.

If Dwyer is a better player than Akeripa and Gower than he must be pretty damm good.

@king sirro said:
If Dwyer is a better player than Akeripa and Gower than he must be pretty damm good.

He is…..

Will be surprised if that is the team that takes the field though...20\. Keith Galloway could be a late inclusion....

Yeah possibly a late inclusion or 2… but I like seeing the likes of Dwyer getting blooded because he is part of the next wave of Tigers.

That back row in the NYC (J.Shirnack, Dwyer & Hyland) would have to be one of the best going around in that comp & I for one hope all three of those are promoted into the top 25 after the 'clean out' happens...

@Geo. said:
@king sirro said:

He is…..

Will be surprised if that is the team that takes the field though...20\. Keith Galloway could be a late inclusion....

Hope you are right regarding KG mate. He'll be sorely missed against the Cowboys pack, and we don't have any truly big units in the team with Laurie not being named either. Sheens might end up running diversions until Sunday arvo…

Swap Daine for morris and I would be stoked.

Glad to see another debut.

@HappyTiger said:
Sheens might be worried about Daine having rings run around him by the likes of Bowen and Thurston.Its not the first time Sheens has left him out because of the opposition were facing.

I think last time he wasnt picked it was against the cowboys aswell

Congrats to Simmo. Another junior that has made his way through the grades to the top.

That team should account for the Cowboys if Sheens rotates his bench accordingly.

Don't mind this side.

Would have prefered Galloway and Laurie, but Schirnack and Dwyer will do well.

Hopefully Galloway is a late inclusion.

Surprised at this team…...but Dwyer is a gun and IMO so is Shirnack.

Bummed about big KG though.

@Kaiser said:
1\. Shannon Gallant
2\. Taniela Tuiaki
3\. Blake Ayshford
4\. Chris Lawrence
5\. Beau Ryan
6\. Benji Marshall
7\. Tim Moltzen
8\. Bryce Gibbs
9\. Robbie Farah
10\. **galloway**
11\. Gareth Ellis
12\. **heignington**
13\. Corey Payne

Interchange:
14\. morris
15\. **laurie**
16\. John Skandalis
17\. Simon Dwyer

id be happy with these changes for the rest of the season

Apart from no Galloway, no really big surprises. Pleased that Moltzen keeps 7 and Marshall 6\. Great to see that Gallant gets another game at fullback.

Great news for young Dwyer, I would love to see Jason Shirnak and Hyland both get a chance later this year. Our 20s back row is probably the best in the comp. I wouldn't mind seeing Fifita get a gig as well. Hope Dwyer has a good game, he's the type of player we've been lacking the past few years I think. GIVE EM HELL SON!

i was almost expecting laurie to be dropped for the cowboys game with galloway to come back in (for the reasons given already), but to leave him out without laurie…...wow.
\
\
cowboys are a very good side, but being at liechardt gives us a chance

Like others have said good to see some young players being blooded hopefully it is a sign that Sheens is going to the future and starting to get the team ready for next year.

We need to use the rest of the games this year to try some young players and see how ready they are to step up.

Latest posts

Back