Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2

Thomo and Gardner need to redeem themselves. Both look out of place and made plenty of errors and ineffective. I hope they will find their feet in the second round, they deserve a second chance. Douihi was also lost in the first half, fortunately he recovered from that and had more than an average game. Taylor was outstanding and was a busy bee despite lacking in size, he more than held his own. Mikalle came on and made an impact with his pass and go forward. Jennings tried hard, he obviously has improved heaps from last season. He will get better and retained his spot. Nofo was excellent both in attack and defence. The Leilua brothers tried hard and will be better next time. Benji was excellent and Reynolds, despite Sims harassment had a good game, he tried hard. Walters held his spot and will improve in the future.

It’s only one game, but my eyes were on Garner and he was disappointing. Hardly lived up to the forum’s off season hype, The jury is well and truly still out on him.

@Jedi_Tiger said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131481) said:
no i think jennings is ok much better than last year

I don’t think much has changed from last year to be honest. Still can’t finish and still unable to break the line. He did save one try by his ability to quickly reverse and accelerate so I will give him that.

@Madge said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131315) said:
I don’t quite understand the inclusion of Momirovski on the bench?

It looks to me like they are keeping him off the park? Maybe Jennings will get hooked late in the game? CT to wing, Doueihi to FB, and Moma to centre? Or maybe he gets dropped from the bench last minute?
I don’t really understand the idea of putting Moma on the bench either.
Hope it’s not just a case of following the great coach at the Rabbitohs? Because you can’t believe a word Bennet tells the media. He had Johnston on the bench for one reason, to replace Latrell, because he knows Johnston is a better FB than Latrell atm.

@Geo said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131333) said:
@Jedi_Tiger said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131331) said:
he wont drop jennings he almost scored two tries

Nofoaluma then...?

You want Nofa dropped ......

Really @willow ...surely we have other Mod options .....BBF .....Demps.....Daboss

Garner was average because brooks wasn’t there. Brooks provides quality service to Garner and Reynolds just didn’t give that to him. Reynolds didn’t train much at 5/8 during the pre season so the combination isn’t really there. Garner terrorised knights last year so hopefully he can do it again this year.

Lawrence has been my favourite for many years and he still puts in 1000% but I cant find a place for him anymore. Garner does his old job now and for me it was sad to watch Rowdy slamming it up in the middle and getting belted for no impact.

I also want Reynolds out of the team. Mark my words, his stupid "high energy" schtick will lose us games. it cost us two simple tries last week. He has ZERO vision and does not fit into the team plan, Additionally this "grub" act where he gets under the opposition skin will bite us as well. Madge has this team working together as a team and going in a very specific direction. He doesnt fit. For mine Walters will be a better stop gap 6 although based on this weeks team Madge may see Doueihi there.

@JoshColeman99 said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131585) said:
Garner was average because brooks wasn’t there. Brooks provides quality service to Garner and Reynolds just didn’t give that to him. Reynolds didn’t train much at 5/8 during the pre season so the combination isn’t really there. Garner terrorised knights last year so hopefully he can do it again this year.

I agree and for me JR is at best a 14 and can cover a few positions if needed. He is just like Conner Watson at Knights and has a spark off the bench..
With Brooks out I would throw in Madden with Benji to give him the experience and to see how he handles it. Benji would control the game but you never know he might stand out and be a diamond in the rough. If he struggles you would have JR on the bench if needed.

@JoshColeman99 said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131585) said:

Garner is a very good hole runner but the rest of his game is just regulation average meat and spud stuff. He doesn’t sting in defence and is not a dirty yard man and his work rate is ok but not brilliant.

Although it is early days in his backrow career so he is worth cutting some slack

@GNR4LIFE said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131531) said:
It’s only one game, but my eyes were on Garner and he was disappointing. Hardly lived up to the forum’s off season hype, The jury is well and truly still out on him.

He'll be fine mate ...wait until Brooks is back

@hodgo said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131503) said:
@tigerbill said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131501) said:

How so?

Going looking for work
130m on 13 runs
45 post contact meters
3 tackle busts
They are decent stats

They’re very decent stats, for your winger’s first fit game in the driving rain all year. NO errors, no penalties conceded and came within inches of breaking his duck (I think?) with us.

More than happy for him to stay, currently!

@Tigerboy said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131630) said:

How so?

Going looking for work
130m on 13 runs
45 post contact meters
3 tackle busts
They are decent stats

They’re very decent stats, for your winger’s first fit game in the driving rain all year. NO errors, no penalties conceded and came within inches of breaking his duck (I think?) with us.

Jennings has a few tries for us. 5 or 6 last year

@supercoach said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131614) said:

Garner is a very good hole runner but the rest of his game is just regulation average meat and spud stuff. He doesn’t sting in defence and is not a dirty yard man and his work rate is ok but not brilliant.

Although it is early days in his backrow career so he is worth cutting some slack

Yeah he’s shown enough promise to keep him in the back row. Used to be a winger after all. Powerful ball runner, just needs to do more of the tough stuff sometimes but not having brooks there definitely affected his game.

@JoshColeman99 said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131641) said:
@Tigerboy said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131630) said:

How so?

Going looking for work
130m on 13 runs
45 post contact meters
3 tackle busts
They are decent stats

Jennings has a few tries for us. 5 or 6 last year

Thanks for clearing that up ! I was sure he didn’t go that badly and has earned his stripes.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2020/03/18/press-conference-joseph-leilua/

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2020/03/18/press-conference-luciano-leilua/

@twentyforty said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131551) said:
@Madge said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131315) said:
I don’t quite understand the inclusion of Momirovski on the bench?

It looks to me like they are keeping him off the park? Maybe Jennings will get hooked late in the game? CT to wing, Doueihi to FB, and Moma to centre? Or maybe he gets dropped from the bench last minute?
I don’t really understand the idea of putting Moma on the bench either.
Hope it’s not just a case of following the great coach at the Rabbitohs? Because you can’t believe a word Bennet tells the media. He had Johnston on the bench for one reason, to replace Latrell, because he knows Johnston is a better FB than Latrell atm.

If you look around the team lists running a back on the bench has become a lot more popular this year with coaches.

It’s a real change to previous seasons but seems on its way to becoming a norm.

@hsvjones said in [Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle Rd 2](/post/1131600) said:

I agree and for me JR is at best a 14 and can cover a few positions if needed. He is just like Conner Watson at Knights and has a spark off the bench..
With Brooks out I would throw in Madden with Benji to give him the experience and to see how he handles it. Benji would control the game but you never know he might stand out and be a diamond in the rough. If he struggles you would have JR on the bench if needed.

These games are not trials you know - we are there to win, not try something out and hope it works.

I think there will be late changes before kick off as Madge likes to do doughi to full back momo or talua to centre Corey to wing Jennings to bench seems like a very logical change

Back