TEAM LIST Wests Tigers Team v Parramatta Eels

Team List
P
This is a big issue. Simpkin isn't any better than Liddle. Neither of them have been good. They both struggle to give us 20 quality minutes per game.

Hastings to 7 is the huge call that had to happen. To'a to replace Ken is the right call.
maybe Madge is thinking of moving Hastings to 9 Simpkin to the bench and Madden to 7 or 6 whilst Simpkin is having a rest?

@ThaDaBoss pretty new to this forum thing so don't know how to reply to your comment. I agree with your take about peach however all the top sides have a ball playing 13 which we don't have. And with how the game is being played I think is a ball playing 13 is crucial to attacking success. I want hastings there when douihei comes back but in the meantime peach is the only player that can really fit that mould.
Peach has been hopeless and is nothing like the good ball playing locks in the NRL. You can win without one, but not this mob.

That's on Brooks IMO. It's disgraceful a bloke on $950k a year will drift through without putting in and forcing a rookie kid to do his best to take on Brooks's job
Clear gameplan to hand madden the kicking duties. He has now been dropped.

Doubt Madge picked this team, in four years he has been reluctant to make one change , let alone four, whatever happens, Madge is only the mouthpiece , he has been neutralised and not before time

I would have selected Peachey in the centre’s as he is quicker & has a better passing game to put his winger away I would also swap Twal & Musgrove for more impact off the bench & I would also make Hastings our captain he is the most vocal & seems to be a leader.
Laurie
Nofoaluma
Roberts
Peachey
To’a
Brooks
Hastings (c)
Ofahengaue
Tuilagi
Leilua
Twal
Simpkin
Tamou
Bench
Madden
Seyfarth
Mikaele
Musgrove

Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire has made a few changes to his team for Easter Monday’s Round 6 match against Parramatta.

Jackson Hastings returns after serving a three-match suspension, as does James Roberts who missed last weekend’s game due a back injury.

Hastings has been named at halfback with Luke Brooks shifting to five-eighth.

Fullback Daine Laurie was a late withdrawal at Cronulla after testing positive to Covid-19. He’s serving the mandatory 7-day isolation period but has been named to play.

Jacob Liddle has been replaced at hooker by Jake Simpkin.

Ken Maumalo, Tyrone Peachey and Oliver Gildart also drop out of the starting side and are part of the 24-man squad.

1. Daine Laurie — sponsored by Firebox
2. David Nofoaluma — sponsored by Waterview
3. James Roberts — sponsored by Macdonald Education
4. Luke Garner — sponsored by Club Menangle
5. Starford To'a — sponsored by Kwikflo Group
6. Luke Brooks — sponsored by UBW
7. Jackson Hastings — sponsored by Brae Group
8. James Tamou — sponsored by The Meat Man
9. Jake Simpkin — sponsored by Momenta Advisors
10. Zane Musgrove — sponsored by APN Compounding
11. Kelma Tuilagi — sponsored by Murray Kennedy Real Estate
12. Luciano Leilua — sponsored by Exclusive Estate Agents
13. Joe Ofahengaue — sponsored by Spectrum Pools & Spas

14. Jock Madden — sponsored by Waterview
15. Alex Twal — sponsored by Wests Tigers Foundation
16. Thomas Mikaele — sponsored by PWA
17. Alex Seyfarth — sponsored by Leumeah Shopping Centre

18. Tyrone Peachey — sponsored by Raine and Horne Concord & Strathfield
19. Jacob Liddle — sponsored by Wests Tigers Foundation
20. Oliver Gildart — sponsored by Wests Tigers Foundation
21. Ken Maumalo — sponsored by Wests Tigers Foundation
22. Tuki Simpkins — sponsored by Wests Tigers Foundation
23. Junior Tupou — sponsored by Wests Tigers Foundation
24. Austin Dias — sponsored by Wests Tigers Foundation

Coach: Michael Maguire — sponsored by Boomer Home Loans
I'm pleased to see players get dropped after that pathetic performance on the weekend. The side that is named should not get beaten by a huge score of 30+. I'm over my rants from last weekend, but do not back down from a thing I said. In saying that I hope there is a much improved performance this week.

Brooks wearing 6 instead of 7 solves literally nothing. He's already tried this before! Hastings claiming his jersey earlier than expected

Liddle deservedly dropped too. Unsure how Nofa keeps surviving every week

Doubt Madge picked this team, in four years he has been reluctant to make one change , let alone four, whatever happens, Madge is only the mouthpiece , he has been neutralised and not before time
He made mass changes against Canberra in 2020 as well. He makes changes at times I don’t see how this is Tim Sheens behind if it that’s what you are thinking ?

Latest posts

Members online

Back