TEAM LIST Wests Tigers Team v Parramatta Eels

Team List
If most of you people got off the wrist slitting train and start being a bit more realistic to our circumstances this year,you will acknowledge that this team had to gel and get used to each others playing style....but what happened,we got hit with injuries,a suspension and some not ready for NRL...and that is where we are at in this point in time...Madge is making some adjustments that needed to be made.we still have AD,AJ,TT on the sidelines....lets try and stay sane for a change and give it a chance to sort out...its been hectic to say the least...
I still say Laurie will come good,he has to mentally deal with that broken leg he had last year and thats why I think he is lacklustre in the opening rounds,he was good last year and was developing well...
The guys you want to come save us are not superstars . Being real is not suicidal

The guys you want to come save us are not superstars . Being real is not suicidal
Im not saying that they are superstars,they are however NRL talent that were in the top 17,AD definately,AJ shows good potential and TT will get better with games...
Im being real by saying that our team that started this year arent our full 17...If we had
AD,AJ,TT,Hastings,JTJ,Laurie all starting and being fit in all those 5 rnds we would at least had 3/5 because the losses were from ineptness and stupid mistakes...

Im not saying that they are superstars,they are however NRL talent that were in the top 17,AD definately,AJ shows good potential and TT will get better with games...
Im being real by saying that our team that started this year arent our full 17...If we had
AD,AJ,TT,Hastings,JTJ,Laurie all starting and being fit in all those 5 rnds we would at least had 3/5 because the losses were from ineptness and stupid mistakes...
It’s not wrist slitting to say that all of those guys apart from maybe AD have been ordinary, Hastings only through Ill discipline

It’s not wrist slitting to say that all of those guys apart from maybe AD have been ordinary, Hastings only through Ill discipline
I understand what your saying,but put it this way if we had our full compliment of our NRL squad including those I mentioned,do you still think we would be 0/5 or if we did do you think the whole team performance may have been a whole lot better....

I understand what your saying,but put it this way if we had our full compliment of our NRL squad including those I mentioned,do you still think we would be 0/5 or if we did do you think the whole team performance may have been a whole lot better....
We may have jagged that Warriors game which we only lost because of DL but the major problems are still there, we need some kind of circuit breaker and soon.

Reactions: BZN
Wests Tigers 2022 have not been full strength from game 1 .
the loss of Blore hit hard in my opinion , he was going great 1 week out
Hastings , 3 games out in the first 5 hurt us
starting Ollie was a big mistake , he needed 6 games in reserves to start his time in NRL
Stef was also a big loss
Roberts , hot and cold and injured
the young guys who are out as well
if we were full strength from the start we would not be last
my opinion only

For those who think this is the team that will run out...

What is the contingency plan if a center or winger are hurt early?

JTJ is always likely to break down etc.

There is none.

If this is indeed the final 17, then Madge has genuinely lost the plot.

There is none.

Tuilagi to the centres and Seyfarth in the back row is an option.

There is none.

The same contingency every club has. You make do. You don’t select outside backs on the bench to solely to cover injuries.

Embattled Tiger hits out after shock switch​

Simon Brunsdon 16 hrs ago
http://a.msn.com/02/en-au/AAWa4xV?ocid=sf
https://twitter.com/share?url=http:...rer=http://a.msn.com/02/en-au/AAWa4xV?ocid=st
https://web.whatsapp.com/send?text=http://a.msn.com/02/en-au/AAWa4xV?ocid=sw

1649893331633.png
Embattled Wests Tigers playmaker Luke Brooks "couldn't care less" what his critics say as he explained the reasoning behind a surprise position switch.

Brooks has been moved from his usual halfback position and will wear the five-eighth jumper for their Easter Monday clash with Parramatta. Off-season recruit Jackson Hastings will steer the ship wearing the No.7. It was a shock to some, given Brooks is paid about $950,000 - reportedly increasing to more than $1 million next year - to be the Tigers' main man.

"The last two weeks I've been playing more as second receiver but wearing the No.7, so nothing really changes too much for me," Brooks told media of the switch.
"Get me running the ball a bit more. I'll let Jacko play that first receiver and traditional halfback, and I'll play off the back of him.

Brooks, 27, is no stranger to public criticism, which is why their current plight is a little easier to deal with.
"You just don't listen to it," he said.
"It's hard to fully block it out, because there's always going to be some of it that someone brings it up to you.
"I'm used to it now, everyone has their dig.
"There's a lot of people who have never done anything in the game. I couldn't care less what they say about me.
"I'm focused on playing good footy. There's always going to be chat about us."

You just don't listen to it," he said. "It's hard to fully block it out, because there's always going to be some of it that someone brings it up to you. "I'm used to it now, everyone has their dig.
"There's a lot of people who have never done anything in the game. I couldn't care less what they say about me. "I'm focused on playing good footy. There's always going to be chat about us."

Reactions: BZN
When the hooker repeatedly passes it to madden on last tackle that’s your evidence Brooks is playing second fiddle.
I do get it mate. My main point is that the lip service is over, the coach has publicly taken control of the team from him.

Reviewing the changes and below is the impact I want to see

1) Hastings takes control of the team formations. We will have some teething issues but I want to see a marked improvement of the forwards knowing when they are expected to run and the lines. Our Hooker shouldn't have to guess the options.
2) Hastings will get the ball out wider with more eyes up football with link plays to Brooks/Laurie
3) If Brooks goes into Hooker I want to see a low distance corner kick & I want to see some darts
4) Laurie just runs the 2nd man play but straightens up the attack not slides it
5) Laurie supports Joe, Tamou & Lucy on their inside shoulders - all 3 have had moments in each game that if support was around them something could've happened.
6) Nofa error free game, he goes looking for the ball, runs it straight and jumps for high balls
7) Toa & Garner both have a clean game
8) If we kick high, we apply pressure on the catcher/go for the ball with support
9) we use a hard running Lucy as a decoy to draw in Eels defenders and space JTJ if he plays

I like our defensive efforts but we need to uptick our attacking efforts and be more aggressive on that end.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back