Wests Tigers want compensation for homegrown players

@ said:
I disagree Nelson. Woods openly supported Farah last year,and I think that was one of the factors for him leaving.

Same with Teddy especially with a player and person he looked up to like Farah telling Teddy to stay "loyal" and go back on the Canberra.Then Teddy saw first hand how and what "loyalty" got Farah.

Finally,I hate to say this about Nofoa,he re-signed and claims to be happy to stay loyal.But,did he really get any serious offers to leave? And I don't just mean rumours.He might have had no serious options but to stay loyal.

Sorry to tell you but if you think about it, it makes more sense that the removal of JT was what pushed these guys over the edge, not that the club showing no loyalty to Farah. I know the Farah loyalists are really trying hard to convince themselves of this but it's simply false. Tedesco was still talking positively about the club and talking about wanting them all to stay together as recently as February, long after Farah left the building. If it's true that they were upset over Farah, wouldn't have they all re-signed as soon as JT, the guy who supposedly shafted Farah, was punted? Interesting timing that it only turned toxic after Taylor was sacked.

@ said:
Woods & teddy didn't come thru cross.

Being a development club isn't worth it… Cop the tip Justin

I read the article and shrugged straight away, journos doing half their research again. At least Woods is a Balmain junior but Tedesco's not even from the region, he is arguably the most famous Camden footballer going around.

@ said:
@ said:
I disagree Nelson. Woods openly supported Farah last year,and I think that was one of the factors for him leaving.

Same with Teddy especially with a player and person he looked up to like Farah telling Teddy to stay "loyal" and go back on the Canberra.Then Teddy saw first hand how and what "loyalty" got Farah.

Finally,I hate to say this about Nofoa,he re-signed and claims to be happy to stay loyal.But,did he really get any serious offers to leave? And I don't just mean rumours.He might have had no serious options but to stay loyal.

Sorry to tell you but if you think about it, it makes more sense that the removal of JT was what pushed these guys over the edge, not that the club showing no loyalty to Farah. I know the Farah loyalists are really trying hard to convince themselves of this but it's simply false. Tedesco was still talking positively about the club and talking about wanting them all to stay together as recently as February, long after Farah left the building. If it's true that they were upset over Farah, wouldn't have they all re-signed as soon as JT, the guy who supposedly shafted Farah, was punted? Interesting timing that it only turned toxic after Taylor was sacked.

I believe that these guys excluding Woods wanted Farah shafted and I don't think Woods cared one little bit. I think Woods was stoked to get the captaincy and he didn't care if it was at Robbies expense.

I think it came down to these guys wanting Wehbe at the club and I think there would have been a backlash at JT as well because he didn't sign off on Wehbe.

Basically these kids are toxic.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Cheating the salary cap is the only way to we'll be competitive. Thats NRL 2017.

Do you believe Cronulla, the Cowboys and Souths are all cap cheats?

Yes.

So who, other than the Tigers, is not a cap cheat? Newcastle presumably, because they don't have the opportunity to do so. Any others in your informed opinion?

@ said:

Totally agree that being a development club is an utter waste of time and money. Hope WT abandon that idea immediately. We should focus on being the reapers instead of the sowers from now on.

They havnt been poached, they dont want to be here. They think we are crap and want to play in competitive teams.

What grounds does that set for compensation?

@ said:
They havnt been poached, they dont want to be here. They think we are crap and want to play in competitive teams.

What grounds does that set for compensation?

Thats it in a nutshell. But the club loves the under dog/ victim status.i dont know why it is, but we really are a sad mob.

@ said:
@ said:

I read the article and shrugged straight away, journos doing half their research again. At least Woods is a Balmain junior but Tedesco's not even from the region, he is arguably the most famous Camden footballer going around.

Maybe you should read it again - Balmain was never mentioned.
The story is about WestsTigers juniors - it even mentioned the area it spans.
Does he need put 'Wests' in front every time he uses the word 'Tigers' when it's obvious what the story is about?
In any case it is the fans who should be compensated for the inept management we've had for about 10 years that has failed to keep our home grown guys wanting to stay here.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Maybe you should read it again - Balmain was never mentioned.
The story is about WestsTigers juniors - it even mentioned the area it spans.
Does he need put 'Wests' in front every time he uses the word 'Tigers' when it's obvious what the story is about?
In any case it is the fans who should be compensated for the inept management we've had for about 10 years that has failed to keep our home grown guys wanting to stay here.

The article has been edited….it mentioned Holy Cross when I first read it, among other things

Let's look at the recent history. of these wonderful clubmen:
Whinged that Robbie was dominating the side and they should be running the show. Robbie is gone.
Want the football gibberer at the club. He demands $130k. Staff (led by JT at the time) say no.
media speculation starts that JT is the reason the players wont re-sign (in the same publications that are now trying to maintain the players reputation). JT is punted.
The players then still refuse to commit to the club, and so the club draws a line in the sand so they have enough time to make signings if needed.
The players then ignore the deadline, not even having the decency to inform the club that they are moving elsewhere.
Cue the sob stories in the media around how all these people are great blokes and wonderful players and are loyal to the core, but it is all the clubs fault.
The only fault of the club is that they have been too gullible and allowed themselves to be strung along by a posse of grubs.

Latest posts

Back