Wests Tigers want compensation for homegrown players

Wounded_magpie

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/wests-tigers-boss-justin-pascoe-wants-compensation-for-raids-on-homegrown-players-20170422-gvq9tw.html

Hard to disagree
Suggest the club invested a minimum of 8 years on each of the players .
At their peak we lose them for nil return

New Tigers coach Ivan Cleary will now have the best part of $4 million to go to the market as part of his rebuild. Josh Reynolds, Ben Matulino, Aidan Guerra and Blake Ferguson are among the free agents that are of interest.

Please not Ferguson. We got rid of Lodge and Lui, there's no room at the Tigers for blokes who assault women.

@ said:
New Tigers coach Ivan Cleary will now have the best part of $4 million to go to the market as part of his rebuild. Josh Reynolds, Ben Matulino, Aidan Guerra and Blake Ferguson are among the free agents that are of interest.

Please not Ferguson. We got rid of Lodge and Lui, there's no room at the Tigers for blokes who assault women.

+1

I agree with the idea.

But,our CEO looks and sounds like a fool on how they treated a junior in Robbie Farah.

So compensation for Robbie Farah?

Here's an idea to help keep junior's at the club: Don't force them out,like they did to Robbie Farah.Remember Farah helped Teddy stay and be "loyal" with turning his back on the Canberra deal.

Sadly Wests Tigers management sent a clear message on loyalty to junior's with their treatment of Farah.

@ said:
@ said:

+1

+2

@ said:
I agree with the idea.

But,our CEO looks and sounds like a fool on how they treated a junior in Robbie Farah.

So compensation for Robbie Farah?

Here's an idea to help keep junior's at the club: Don't force them out,like they did to Robbie Farah.Remember Farah helped Teddy stay and be "loyal" with turning his back on the Canberra deal.

Sadly Wests Tigers management sent a clear message on loyalty to junior's with their treatment of Farah.

Loyalty is a personal thing. You are either a person that has a strong sense of loyalty and acts on it or you are not. A person with a strong sense of loyalty is not going to go against their nature lightly. They are not going to walk away from all the fans, teammates and staff who have supported them just because "the club" (actually just a few key decision makers) didn't act with loyalty towards someone else.

I also like the idea but the reality is the clubs who have the influence don't want it because they are the clubs that buy our juniors. Sad but true and so doubt it will ever happen. WT have always and before them Western Suburbs and Balmain also pushed for similar all to no avail and for the same reasons.

I disagree Nelson. Woods openly supported Farah last year,and I think that was one of the factors for him leaving.

Same with Teddy especially with a player and person he looked up to like Farah telling Teddy to stay "loyal" and go back on the Canberra.Then Teddy saw first hand how and what "loyalty" got Farah.

Finally,I hate to say this about Nofoa,he re-signed and claims to be happy to stay loyal.But,did he really get any serious offers to leave? And I don't just mean rumours.He might have had no serious options but to stay loyal.

@ said:
I disagree Nelson. Woods openly supported Farah last year,and I think that was one of the factors for him leaving.

Same with Teddy especially with a player and person he looked up to like Farah telling Teddy to stay "loyal" and go back on the Canberra.Then Teddy saw first hand how and what "loyalty" got Farah.

Finally,I hate to say this about Nofoa,he re-signed and claims to be happy to stay loyal.But,did he really get any serious offers to leave? And I don't just mean rumours.He might have had no serious options but to stay loyal.

It may have been a factor in those guys leaving, but they are not loyal people is my point.

Nofo met with Brad Arthur. That is not a rumour he confirmed it himself. He at least interest from Parra.

Cheating the salary cap is the only way to we'll be competitive. Thats NRL 2017.

It has to happen because the salary cap is not enough.

How many clubs have to fail before the point's proven.

@ said:
Cheating the salary cap is the only way to we'll be competitive. Thats NRL 2017.

Do you believe Cronulla, the Cowboys and Souths are all cap cheats?

My idea is that ,if you have a "developed" player ie one that has debut and played certain amount of games, then a club has to give a percentage of the contract in Cap space not necessarily money.
For example, if we offered Teddy 1 million and he rejected it to go to rorters then the rorters would have to give , say $500,000 of Cap space to us. And money too would be nice.

Back