WestsLife podcast

BAGNF05

Had my first listen to this podcast last night and recommend any passionate WT fan do the same. It’s rough around the edges but the lads all want the same success we do. They rip in no holds barred.

Interestingly, Lee apparently texted the show and mentioned that he only puts stock in the opinions of those who contribute financially to the club. (Or words to that effect).

So if you’re struggling financially or you’re not one of about 20,000 people and pets, don’t bother with WT. I assume jersey sales may plummet. straight from the Chairman.

Hey this is a great thread!

These are the same guys who got the old sponsor on, from like 2013, and ripped in about rumours of decisions that were made by Grant Meyer?

Good Pod,

Definitely worth the subscribe

I love the passion for the club and the Balls to call out those in management that don't care the way we Die hard Fans do.
Of course Lee H might come out and say that it's all well and good to moan and criticise if you (a) are not putting any money in, and (b) are not actually contributing to the club operations.

I'm not saying this mentality is right, but I am certain that people like Lee feel they are contributing a lot of time and money, and that entitles them to feel that they are doing more than the average punter.

Personally I like to see passion focused on productive endeavours - volunteer in the junior leagues, engage with members and fans, moderate a forum etc. etc.

Of course Lee H might come out and say that it's all well and good to moan and criticise if you (a) are not putting any money in, and (b) are not actually contributing to the club operations.

I'm not saying this mentality is right, but I am certain that people like Lee feel they are contributing a lot of time and money, and that entitles them to feel that they are doing more than the average punter.

Personally I like to see passion focused on productive endeavours - volunteer in the junior leagues, engage with members and fans, moderate a forum etc. etc.
A) I am a member
B) I do volunteer in rugby league

Just let people have an alternative view mate. It’s unbecoming.

No no not you, the podcast guys.
Not sure how true obviously but there were claims of financial contributions in the past. The boys seemed pretty riled up by treatment of Farah.

• Wow
Reactions: BZN
It's quite deranged (as per one of the listeners on the live pod last night), but therein lies the attraction for me. Bechara obviously has links to Farah, so he's quite sensitive on that one.
I don't agree with a lot of their opinions, but I do enjoy the open nature of the format.

For the record, I thought Lee's response to the request was pretty disgraceful. Would have been very easy to say 'thanks but no thanks', but instead he replied with this:

Thanks for posting, I'll just say again, I don't really know if LH is competent behind the scenes, but in public.....

I stopped being a member last year, for the first time in ages. Zero regrets and I feel no less invested (since I don't go to games and the club has an operating grant and clear ownership) just a few hundred richer.

If members could vote on the board I'd pay 1k plus to join again.

Interesting that they mention they are the most listened to, not only West Tigers Podcast but any single sport team podcast in the country. That's pretty neat for a club that is only consistent at being shit.
Many people actually appreciate when someone speaks their mind.

Interesting that they mention they are the most listened to, not only West Tigers Podcast but any single sport team podcast in the country. That's pretty neat for a club that is only consistent at being shit.
I find that hard to believe tbh - does anyone know where they got the stats from?
I would assume some of the big Melbourne AFL teams would have big dedicated podcasts for starters.

Where does Gadget get off telling the average fan that they can't vent over 11 years of non performance? I stopped spending money on this shitfight of a club about 5 years ago because I refuse to financially contribute to a club that can't get it's shit together. I think 6 years of failure is long enough time to display plenty of financial support and unwarranted optimism for the future before becoming jaded enough to refuse to fund a club that repeatedly shoots itself in the foot.

Sorry Lee, there's not much positivity to be taken out of four coaches in 11 years and no results, the fans are going to be pissed mate. Rugby league fans get emotional.

The only valid point Lee had was on the hypocrisy of leaks.

Shaming someone for not being a member is low. You never know what someone’s financial situation is, and just because you pony up money, it doesn’t make you any more passionate.

I've only listened to their episode with Robbie Farah.....

Was decent.
Prefer to get my info from none other than the west's tigers forum though.
Yea, not a fan of podcasts. Listened twice one with Farah the other with ex sponsor. All the info and opinions you need are on WTF

Yea, not a fan of podcasts. Listened twice one with Farah the other with ex sponsor. All the info and opinions you need are on WTF
I don’t see the appeal. Their opinions are no more valid than anybody on here. I personally don’t know why anyone wastes their time. That goes for shows like 360 too.

Latest posts

Members online

Back