What are our chances for the premiership?

Black_Orange_White

In my opinion, pretty darn high. We are easily one of the top 5 teams in the 20's and we have beaten quality sides. If we beat the Raiders next week and beat the Cows this week and Raiders lose against the Panthers and us, we will be Top 4\. Also our draw is pretty friendly, we have Cronulla, Roosters, Titans, Eels and Knights who aren't in the 8\. We can easily win all of them, with maybe a win over the Eagles.

Let's hope that one Tiger Team takes hom the trophy!

Manly, Dragons Storm and Raiders will be very tough to beat.

They are playing well though, and are in with a shot!

Thery will come close, and I hope they do, as I had some money on them from the start of the season, but they will have to play a lot more consistent for the 80 minutes if they are going to give it a shake

@steven_tiger said:
Manly, Dragons Storm and Raiders will be very tough to beat.

They are playing well though, and are in with a shot!

They are the teams that will provide the biggest test for the Tigers. I know we got thumped by Canberra and Manly early in the season and we are 1-1 with Melbourne and went down narrowly to the Dragons. The Tigers could give it a shake if they can get their defence in order.

Love watching the games on TV. It's a bit like a good game of touch footy at times. Some good raw talent. I think some tight defence intot he back end of the season will go a long way.

Didn't we start the season as a 40-1 shot? Now in the top 5 I wish I'd got on. Good luck to the boys. It gives us plenty of hope for the future.

depends how many players leave the team for first grade. sheens will be testing a few of them out this year i think, maybe lui aswell.

also depends on injuries too… :eek:pen_mouth:

We are a huge chance, we have the best back row in the comp. A lot will depend on how many players from each side get called up to play in NRL finals and what not. Our NRL side missing the finals could be an advantage for them.

The only tough teams we vs are Raiders and Manly. Those are the only 2 games we should lose. We are expected to win everything else.

Our remaining 5 games are against 5 of the bottom 6 teams - on present form we should win all 5 leaving us on 37 points and a definite spot in the top 4\. However it is Toyota Cup so who knows what might happen.

After the narrow loss to Manly I rate the Tigers a chance. The problem they have is defence though. The Tigers were down 14-0 against Canberra, managed to come back and win, and again against Manly they were down 20-4 before actually managing to get in front late in the game. In the end the Tigers conceeded 40 points which is not good enough if they are going to challenge for the title. Manly and the Dragons look to be the two strongest sides with the Tigers, Broncos and Raiders not far behind. Defence is the key for the Tigers though, they've got enough points in them, they just need to hold sides out.

Their highest ranked opponent for the remainder of the year currently sits in 11th so they should come home with some form at their backs

Latest posts

Members online

Back