What if?

Newy_Tiger

What if in 2007 instead of leaving for the Gold Coast Titans Scott Princed signed a 3 year deal with the tigers.Do you think we wouldve gone onto win another premiership in 07,08 or 09? or perhaps just the same as previous years?
IMO if Princes 2006 performance is anything to go on we wouldnt have won any premierships how ever with a proper half back i beleive we may have been more of a chance for the finals in 07,08 and 09.
Thoughts? :righton:

@Newy Tiger said:
What if in 2007 instead of leaving for the Gold Coast Titans Scott Princed signed a 3 year deal with the tigers.Do you think we wouldve gone onto win another premiership in 07,08 or 09? or perhaps just the same as previous years?
IMO if Princes 2006 performance is anything to go on we wouldnt have won any premierships how ever with a proper half back i beleive we may have been more of a chance for the finals in 07,08 and 09.
Thoughts? :righton:

We might have won another premiership. I guess we will never know, but I'm sure we would have gone better than what we did with John Morris in the halves. I normally say there are no excuses but in 2006 we had some very bad injuries.

Princey's form has slipped as the years go by. Certainly don't want him back. Moltzen and Lui are the future.

The Tiger's were the best thing that ever happened to Scott Prince…..yet he walked away.

He didn't win one at the Bronc's, and the Titans haven't won one with him there either.

There were a lot more players than just Scott Prince that contributed to 05\. However we would have had a lot more stability had he stayed.

well i ask, what if robbie had been lured to the titans at the end of 2008, he would have been playing for them this year… that would have been very bad for the tigers.

If Prince had stayed with us, we would have had less money to spend on other signings. No Lote, no Ellis, …

I would imagine we would have been at least marginally better in the last few years, maybe making the finals a couple more times, but we would probably be weaker this year than we are.

your right Newy Tiger and Brissie Tiger…

WHAT IF...

there are what ifs everywhere. What if we signed Cooper Cronk or Inglis before they came stars.. what if we signed the whole Australian team..

Point is we didnt....and doesnt matter if we did cause we will never know...pointless really

Top call Dallas.

What if Benji's pass didn't find Richards in the 2005 GF. What if Brett Hodgson left for England earlier than 2005\. What if Fats and Elf stayed at Penriff… It's all a rich tapestry.

Prince was good, but he wasn't everything to the Tigers. He's not gone even close since leaving Wests to winning a premiership, and thats surrounded by a good team in the Titans. A superstar half doesn't guarantee a premiership if he doesn't have the team around him. Jonathan Thurston is a perfect example of this.

Could have, should have, would have don’t count

What is does. It’s all that matters.

Back