What song are you listening to?

This one is for everyone…including all those whining sooks who protested yesterday.

It has been said so many times and by people far more eloquent than i am but this should be our National Anthem as this song encapsulates what is the essence of our nation.It is for each and every Australian despite our backgrounds and beliefs.
The people of our nation have already voted out one dirge as our anthem (god save the king/queen) and now it is time to remove it's successor.Our parliament should do this or at the worst add a referendum to our next federal election

I was at a songwriters retreat a few years ago and everyone was raving about Jason Isbell. I'd never heard of him and to be honest completely forgot to look him up. Was reading an interview with Bob Dylan inn the paper a few months later and when asked who he believed was the best songwriter of all time he answered, Jason Isbell, by daylight! Not a bad endorsment so i thought I should check him out. Instantly hooked. Skirts so many genres and kills them all.

For songwriting genius have a listen to Townes Van Zandt.

Latest posts

Members online

Back