What will win us the game on Friday Night?

triserratops

After watching the warriors narrowly defeat the bunnies yesterday it got me thinking.
Dangerous I know! :wink:

Will a tight defensive game be more likely to get us the bikkies or will an attack minded approach be more effective v the warriors? :bulb:

They are able to put on a few points, they have plenty of speed, love the high ball and can throw an offload or too.All things that we have struggled to defend against all season. :eek:pen_mouth:

I would be focusing more on our ability to score rather than aggressively defend a style of attack from the opposition that we have struggled with all year! First to score 20+ takes the 2 pts for mine. :stuck_out_tongue:

I know that a balance of a hard defensive display and an attacking frame of mind are ideal, I just don't believe that we are capable at this stage of the competition to get them both right.

What are your thoughts?

:sign:
Tri has his thinking cap on!

I think we attack them around the ruck through Farah and also with plenty of dummy half runs from the backs. Once we have them tired and on the back foot spread the ball with plenty of decoy runners. Lawrence and Tuqiri will carve up

pressure.. keep the pressure on the warriors and they are more prone to crack.
Also don't let them get a lead, or score a few tries they really get there heads up and become some sort of jugganaught
if we put a few early ones on we should be able to see it out with the grind

Very worried about this one, If Benji controls the game a bit better than last week…
Lui plays his hand a more on the right side and is allowed to use his long kicking game...
Also if and I mean a BIG IF, Gibbs makes some metres because all the rest of the pack is.

The Warriors are very vulnerable around the ruck and if the Tigers are smart and exploit this weakness… I can see us posting many points after making cheap meters all night. So lets hope we do it... we seem to have stopped doing this after loosing Moltzen.

Also if Heigno keeps his combo going with Benji this week we are more of a chance, how good is Heigno going. Last try scorer for mine on Friday.

Galloway back will be huge
\
\
for mine, inside balls and creativity around the ruck with farah/marshall/ryan/heighno will do the trick

@Kaiser said:
The Warriors are very vulnerable around the ruck and if the Tigers are smart and exploit this weakness… I can see us posting many points after making cheap meters all night. So lets hope we do it... we seem to have stopped doing this after loosing Moltzen.

Yep, hit them around the ruck, the Warriors are not one of the better teams at defending the ruck IMO and with Farah and Marshall on the improve, and Lui slowly warming to the task, I think the Tigers will be able to exploit the Warriors here and put them on the backfoot. Mannering and Packer are the two forwards most likely to trouble the Tigers but again, I think the Tigers will compress the defence and handle them ok if they show good line speed in defence.

@Geo. said:
@Cultured Bogan said:
Scoring more tries than the other team…

Well we have to dont we…..Mr 57.26969856% is no certianty to plot them from anywhere....

If only Timothy had a 57% winning percentage. Maybe Benji should bring back the toe poke

Trisseratops I think trying to lay on plenty of points is a worry for us at the moment.
We need to find that form first. A little bit of confidence was regained last week but we still aren't in form. Trying to push the ball could see a poor completion rate putting us under the pump.

Line speed in defense needed. Get in their faces. Work for eachother. 3rd defender in to put them on the ground to limit the offloads. Roll the big fellas on their backs to tire them.
Then as most people are saying plenty of bodies in motion around the ruck. Turning it inside on their big boppers.

Statistically: Completion rate is critical. Field position governed by a good kicking game. I'm much more confident of some repeat sets with Lui there.

And just as a novel idea. Dont chip or grubber on the 3rd tackle. Use up our sets and put the bomb up if nowhere to slice a grubber for a repeat set.

Stop the go forward of there forwards is critical , if we don't Hohia and henderson will be all over us

I think the warriors are licking their wounds from last week, and will be punished by the short turnaround, the hostile crowd, and the travel. We should take this game comfortably

@Balmain Bug said:
4 Big forwards on our bench.

If the wet conditions predicted eventuate big boppers on the bench is a must. Nothing saps the energy like a muddy pitch (Even if it is a 'field of dreams'')

Back