What's In The Media ~ Other Than Footy

Status
Not open for further replies.
they Manly almost walked into it last year,it got shut down quick smart,yet this year they blundered into it.???

I do know that Xerri has signed on with player agent Matt Desira.
Desira looks after Daine Laurie and Benji Marshall among others.
Are we interested?
I'd take him bro.
He's gonna have to prove himself so the coin shouldn't be much.
Idk where he plays tho, last time I saw a pic of him he was headed into the jungle with Arnie.

I'd take him bro.
He's gonna have to prove himself so the coin shouldn't be much.
Idk where he plays tho, last time I saw a pic of him he was headed into the jungle with Arnie.
Tarzan for sure.
He's still a young guy but now that he's bulked up he needs to get a good sprint coach and concentrate on that.
He knocked back 500k from Sharks (I think) before he got done for drug cheating.
I wonder how he is received by other clubs.
How much is he worth?
I certainly wouldn't be offering big money until he is scrutinized by our performance dudes.

Reactions: PJ_
Tarzan for sure.
He's still a young guy but now that he's bulked up he needs to get a good sprint coach and concentrate on that.
He knocked back 500k from Sharks (I think) before he got done for drug cheating.
I wonder how he is received by other clubs.
How much is he worth?
I certainly wouldn't be offering big money until he is scrutinized by our performance dudes.
Prob start off on a trial deal unless he's got a prior arrangement with the Sharks.
He was a half decent player too wasn't he?

Prob start off on a trial deal unless he's got a prior arrangement with the Sharks.
He was a half decent player too wasn't he?
Gun mate, when he ran out wide he was like superman 🤔

Reactions: PJ_
Thanks PJ, they stopped them training through the finals, they should tell the players union to go jump, they get the wooden spoon, now its time for them to take their medicine.
Yes, for sure! If we don't someone else will... and a position of weakness

WESTS TIGERS TRAINING CANCELLED

Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens and his incoming assistants Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah had planned to kickstart their coaching revolution this week.

The plan was for the trio to take training through until the grand final, giving them a flying start for next season.

Those plans were scuppered by the NRL and the players union. The Tigers and all other clubs were told that once their season came to an end, they had to send their players on holidays.

Confidential has obtained the email that was sent to the clubs on behalf of the workloads and balance committee.

It included the recommendation that pre-season training for the 2023 season should not commence prior to November 1. It also recommended that players should not be required to train on Sundays when they do return from their breaks.

Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens and his incoming assistants Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah had planned to kickstart their coaching revolution this week.

The plan was for the trio to take training through until the grand final, giving them a flying start for next season.

Those plans were scuppered by the NRL and the players union. The Tigers and all other clubs were told that once their season came to an end, they had to send their players on holidays.

Confidential has obtained the email that was sent to the clubs on behalf of the workloads and balance committee.

It included the recommendation that pre-season training for the 2023 season should not commence prior to November 1. It also recommended that players should not be required to train on Sundays when they do return from their breaks.

Pathetic outcome,the useless logs should get a month off like the rest of us.

So the "good" teams, continue to train as they are playing, whilst the 8 "bad" teams, now give their players an extra month off.......makes sense (not). Another obstacle in trying to climb the ladder.

Wonder if some unofficial sessions, that are non-compulsory, can be organised and run by the club? Hopefully peer group pressure or FOMO would mean that all/most would attend anyway.

So the "good" teams, continue to train as they are playing, whilst the 8 "bad" teams, now give their players an extra month off.......makes sense (not). Another obstacle in trying to climb the ladder.

Wonder if some unofficial sessions, that are non-compulsory, can be organised and run by the club? Hopefully peer group pressure or FOMO would mean that all/most would attend anyway.
Good points.

Thanks WT2K for the article, what right does the NRL or players union have to tell anyone when they can train, they are contracted employees of the Wests Tigers, if the Tigers require them to train what's it got to do with anyone.

Think it was continuing training through the finals but the players union had a whinge. Typical
Thought our players had been conducting rolling industrial action all year, I mean it was supposed to be the year of the strike.

Wests Tigers will come good when the Dominic Parasite Government gets voted out at the start of next season.

Expecting a big 2023. 🤣🤣

Well at least some of the ones that haven't been told to look elsewhere.

What would do me, if it turned out it was one of the players who whinged to the players union. I'd tell the players to turn up anyway to start training, the ones who front are the ones that are committed to the cause, the rest, bye bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back