Which team will get the 18th Franchise

Breaking news
It’s literally the basis of your argument mate , saying “they did it in Q cup , they’ll do it in nrl “
No they won’t . And they wouldn’t beat the wests tigers nrl squad . You are absolutely dreaming . Outside of maybe a 1 off .
It’s not just wests tigers , it’s wests , then souths. ,then manly , then the storm , over and over and over for 6- 7 months .

It’s literally the basis of your argument mate , saying “they did it in Q cup , they’ll do it in nrl “
No they won’t . And they wouldn’t beat the wests tigers nrl squad . You are absolutely dreaming . Outside of maybe a 1 off .
It’s not just wests tigers , it’s wests , then souths. ,then manly , then the storm , over and over and over for 6- 7 months .
What I mean is, they handled the logistics fine, everything worked like clockwork, no issues with violence or anything at the games they played in PNG. And they were competitive, above-average. Obviously if they step up to the NRL they won't run out with the exact same squad. I'm sure plenty of the NRL/Super League players who play for the Kumuls national side would be happy to play with a PNG NRL side, and I'm sure they could sign plenty of Fijians etc.

I agree with the consensus re. the PNG/Cairns team. Similar issue with a joint Pacific team.

The only team that makes sense financially, population-wise, revenue, timezone, state-of-the-art stadium and really puts the N in NRL, is Perth.

Perth Bears? Perth Jets? Or a new name would probably be even better. Regardless, it's almost a no brainer.
Maybe the PNG Wanderers would be best !

PNG brings 10 million new fans.

The Hunters worked out fine, and so will this team. The pearl clutchers horrified that Papuans are poorer than Australians or that they occasionally get over excited and run amok a bit - harden up.

Another QLD team, another NZ team, Central Coast etc don't bring new fans, they just cannibalise existing teams fan bases. (Perth would be good though)
HUnters have one premiership since their inception? Thats reserve grade. Can you imagine any of the top20 players moving to Port Morseby for 3 years? Not a chance.

If thr Hunters get in then they will be bottom 4 every year.

HUnters have one premiership since their inception? Thats reserve grade. Can you imagine any of the top20 players moving to Port Morseby for 3 years? Not a chance.

If thr Hunters get in then they will be bottom 4 every year.
That’s why they’ve been talking of basing them in Cairns. They won’t move to PNG for 2-3 years to play footy. I’m hoping Perth becomes the next team to get in, makes much more sense that way.

Perth game can kick off Sunday 4pm which would be 6pm Sydney time it fits well
Perth time 7.30pm Saturday would be 9.30pm Sydney time that works
Perth time 3.30pm is 5.30pm sydney time works too
Perth is THREE hours behind Sydney

Back