Who can make a quality banner?

What a bunch of precious schoolgirls. Sheens has been called some horrible things on forums by anonymous posters for a few years now. he has a little nibble back and those who were throwing the insults cant take a return. So he called you a so-called fan, oh my, what an insult.

@gallagher said:
What a bunch of precious schoolgirls. Sheens has been called some horrible things on forums by anonymous posters for a few years now. he has a little nibble back and those who were throwing the insults cant take a return. So he called you a so-called fan, oh my, what an insult.

Spot on.

Guys a banner is a bad move i think it is time to bite the bullet and relize yelling and screaming is not going to change anything we have a coach and a team. I dont like things the way they are at this stage of the season ,but it is our team good or bad that also goes for the coaching staff too . So i say lets be commited and loyal supporters for the rest of the season, If then we dont make the 8 then is the time to raise our voices till then no more negatives from me i will support my tigers to the hilt

I have and will probably continue to call sheens an incompetent idiot and simmons a useless garden gnome.
I really hope one day they prove me wrong and make me eat my words but based on all the evidence of the last few years I think I'm pretty safe.
Now I'd be quite happy if in the media he accused 'me' of being an ill-informed nuffy who has no idea about Rugby League. With the amount of time he's spent in the game and what he's achieved he has every right to do that. I'd probably mention his record etc etc. I would love to actually hear him explain why he does the things he does. I'm sure he has reasons, they're just entirely incomprehensible 9 times out of 10.

BUT to imply that I am not a real fan of this club that I have supported passionately for many years purely because I thing he's done a cod ordinary job for a number of years, and am prepared to say so, does get right up my nose.

We all raise our voices now because we want the team to make the finals… but i do agree that its time to get over it and get back to supporting our club... Sheens isnt going to walk out just because you want him to....

Mate i am not implying anything we are all loyal supporters i am just as upset with things the way they are as you but lets face it we wont change a thing so all i am saying is lets support the guys for the rest of the season no 8 then demand change . If you took it the wrong way i am sorry

@tiger jim said:
Mate i am not implying anything we are all loyal supporters i am just as upset with things the way they are as you but lets face it we wont change a thing so all i am saying is lets support the guys for the rest of the season no 8 then demand change . If you took it the wrong way i am sorry

Spot on …. I think Sheens said he will walk if we dont make the 8 anyway ....

tj - that definitely wasn;t aimed at you. You posted while i was typing :slight_smile:
Sheens' is the one who made the 'who call themselves fans' comment.

Unfortunately it appears that I'm not as patient as many here, so be it. Four years of continual failure with the same mistakes being made over and over again is just too much for me.
& anyway, if people only posted on this forum about things they could actually change it would be completely empty.

@softlaw said:
BUT to imply that I am not a real fan of this club that I have supported passionately for many years purely because I thing he's done a cod ordinary job for a number of years, and am prepared to say so, does get right up my nose.

Im not implying ur not a real fan…..we are all fans.

I just think you are being a peahearted fan by taking pot shots at blokes that I know are trying their best to make our club successful.

I think there are better ways to have a whinge without it being mucky.

IMO ur sig is mucky and Im surprised it is allowed.

@gallagher said:

No he had a nibble back at those who have criticized John Morris and Daniel Fitzhenry. Criticizing players that have had a bad performance doesn't make someone a "so-called fan".

@alien said:
@gallagher said:

No he had a nibble back at those who have criticized John Morris and Daniel Fitzhenry. Criticizing players that have had a bad performance doesn't make someone a "so-called fan".

Alien… as we all know.... Alot of people on here have criticized sheens aswell... :smiling_imp:

@simonthetiger said:

I just think you are being a peahearted fan by taking pot shots at blokes that I know are trying their best to make our club successful.

I AM a "so-called fan" and i don't have a problem with it. Don't know why everyone is having a sook about it. The truth hurts perhaps, and that is why the other "so-called" fans are overreacting because they know they are guilty of what is claimed in the articles.
I believe people take personal direct name calling at the WT players and coaching staff because it is easy to remain anonymous behind their PC screens. Weak as lemon cordial..

@KingOvKingz09 said:
@alien said:
@gallagher said:

Alien… as we all know.... Alot of people on here have criticized sheens aswell... :smiling_imp:

What's wrong with that?

He didn't direct the comments at people criticizing him.

@crouching_tiger said:
@simonthetiger said:

I AM a "so-called fan" and i don't have a problem with it. Don't know why everyone is having a sook about it. The truth hurts perhaps, and that is why the other "so-called" fans are overreacting because they know they are guilty of what is claimed in the articles.
I believe people take personal direct name calling at the WT players and coaching staff because it is easy to remain anonymous behind their PC screens. Weak as lemon cordial..

Have to agree with that CT. Seems some people are a wee bit more precious than they like to admit.

Personally I think that type of banner is a bad look for the club and embarrasing.

Fair enough you don't like Sheens and whinging about on the forum is one thing but to take out to the wider world like that is not the way to go. Most people won't under stand the so called joke.

Your at the footy to support your team not have whinge about it.

If you have to do something like that and will make you feel better, can you the banner please have some wit about it. Like I said before only people on the forum will get the joke. I believe it is just a poor attempt to have a go back at Sheens and not a wider message.

As a Tigers fan I for one will be embarrased by a banner like that, its immature

good points chunk

but i dunno

on one hand I agree with what you are saying, that people should just support the team at the game.
but at the same time I can't help thinking of this comic strip from xkcd:

![](http://images1.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Citation-Needed-wikipedia-819731_500_271.jpg)

the banner itself is a joke and can, from some points of view, been seen in a negative regard
but at the same time it's a cheeky way of highlighting an undercurrent the the growing desire for change

that in itself isn't a bad thing. I mean if there wasn't an issue, people wouldn't protest…

@crouching_tiger said:
@simonthetiger said:

i dont know. some forum members just want to vent. its that simple. I dont think there is anything wrong with that really. Thats what a forum is for anyway - who said we all have to agree.

@Chunk said:
Personally I think that type of banner is a bad look for the club and embarrasing.

Fair enough you don't like Sheens and whinging about on the forum is one thing but to take out to the wider world like that is not the way to go. Most people won't under stand the so called joke.

Your at the footy to support your team not have whinge about it.

If you have to do something like that and will make you feel better, can you the banner please have some wit about it. Like I said before only people on the forum will get the joke. I believe it is just a poor attempt to have a go back at Sheens and not a wider message.

As a Tigers fan I for one will be embarrased by a banner like that, its immature

yes if there is going to be a banner a bit of wit wouldnt hurt - at least have some humour in it - even Sheens can have a laugh at his own expense.

Back