Who is your preferred successor to Sheens?

alex

With a lot of talk on the forum surrounding who people want to be the next Tigers coach, thought i'd throw a poll out there to gauge opinion.

I've voted for Grant Jones.

Yes he's untested at first grade and yes there's the possibility thing mightn't change as he's being promoted from within, but I truly believe he has the ability to get the best from his players and get them playing as a unit with some determination.

is there a poll? if there is, mods, feel free to delete this … just wanted to use a poll to see the results because it's hard to see what the general feeling is

Brian McClennan, his contract with leeds ends this year and is rumoured to want to come back to either australia or new zealand to coach in the nrl.

Out of the coaches in the poll I'd have them in order:

1\. Stephen Kearney
2\. Mick Potter
3\. Nathan Brown
4\. Steve Folkes
5\. Ricky Stuart
6\. Grant Jones

Nathan Brown for me. I was of that opinion in 2008 and I still think he would be a good fit even more now. Bright young coach who came into caper probably too soon. Has been away for a couple of years and done well with a moderate outfit. Would relate well to the players in my opinion, a fresh change from having 2 very senior coaches the past 8 seasons.

Otherwise I would probably consider someone like Jason Taylor. At least from the outside he seems in a similar mould to Brown. He did ok at 2 struggling outfits in Souths and Parramatta, is young ands has had time out to recharge the batteries.

Off the top of my head they would be my 2 choices. Probably not a fan of Steve Kearney, Or any assistants that have not had at least some experience as a head coach at NRL level. Not a fan either of guys like Folkes, no offence, just think he is a bit old school and been around for years, too similar to Sheens or Simmons.

@alien said:
Kearney or Folkes.

Agree. Kearney has had a lot of success and is 'ready' to be a head coach.
Folkes is already in the coaching staff, it would be a simple promotion.

PS Anyone have a clue as to why Folkesy never speaks to the media?

@Paris Cobbs said:
@alien said:
Kearney or Folkes.

Agree. Kearney has had a lot of success and is 'ready' to be a head coach.
Folkes is already in the coaching staff, it would be a simple promotion.

PS Anyone have a clue as to why Folkesy never speaks to the media?

Why would he need to speak with the meadia? He is just a High Performance manager after all.

@crouching_tiger said:
Paul Fletcher

Totally agreed CT. Paul Fletcher or Grant Jones. I'd love for one of these guys to get the job should it be vacated. The players know them, they are familiar with the culture of the club as well. A new face coming in and uprooting the whole club to make his mark, I believe, would be detremental to not only our first grade team but both NSW State Cup teams and also NYC. If Paul Fletcher or Grant Jones gets the job I would love for Tim to stay on as a Coaching Director to not only help guide them through the enormity of NRL coaching but to also continue to work on our junior programe and unearth more junior talent.

fletch is a good guy , but he dosent have the experience to be given the top job in the nrl ….folkesie would be my choice....

I think Fletch would do a great job if given the chance, regardless if he's left on his own or if Tim is kept on as a coaching director.

I only remembered Jason Taylor once I had submitted the poll.

I'd be going for Jones or Folkes.

I'm not sold on Kearney yet … yes he's had success, but it's only been with a club over the cap and with Bellamy at the helm, and when he went well with New Zealand, Wayne Bennett was his assistant.

I'd like to see Nathan Brown given a shot. His stint at Saints was not helped by his relationship with the senior players (having played with them) and he did well at a club with huge expectations and an ego-centric player list.

@Chris said:
@crouching_tiger said:
Paul Fletcher

Totally agreed CT. Paul Fletcher or Grant Jones. I'd love for one of these guys to get the job should it be vacated. The players know them, they are familiar with the culture of the club as well. A new face coming in and uprooting the whole club to make his mark, I believe, would be detremental to not only our first grade team but both NSW State Cup teams and also NYC. If Paul Fletcher or Grant Jones gets the job I would love for Tim to stay on as a Coaching Director to not only help guide them through the enormity of NRL coaching but to also continue to work on our junior programe and unearth more junior talent.

Sorry someone has to come from the outside ..the problem at the moment is everybody is complacent and feel safe no accountability because there all my mates ,there has to be a complete cultural change totally.

This name is hasn't been mentioned but and I just thought of him and what he's done at previous clubs. Graham Murray. What do people think of him?

Members online

Back