Who played better in 2019,the Forwards or Backs ?

our forward pack punched well above their weight this season. have a strong nucleus, a couple of extra signings will have us put together a very formidable group of forwards.

Forwards without doubt.
Matterson was out best player, Luke Garner was one of the seasons biggest positives, Oliver Clark looked better each game, Aloiai and Twal had their best seasons so far.

It was close, but that says a lot about how bad both were as groups.

I can pick out individuals in each, but collectively both were poor.

Our forward regularly conceded metres up the middle while failing to generate any go forward, our backs weren't particularly threatening.

Both, when the forwards went forward, the backs scored try’s.

I don’t recall winning a game this year when our forwards were dominated.

Nofo needs to run into gaps and break out instead of sideways which is waste of energy. He has a lot of room for improvement still.

our 1-5 this year is probably one of the worst in the history of the club..

saying that though, both forwards and backs punched well above their weight. There were games where we just got outclassed

I really enjoyed watching Mikaele progress this year. He was a standout in the front row. I'm hoping Felix Smith turns out to be the same in 2020.

@tigerap said in [Who played better in 2019 said:
I really enjoyed watching Mikaele progress this year. He was a standout in the front row. I'm hoping Felix Smith turns out to be the same in 2020.

th

everyone keeps saying 2020 and it seems so far away lol

Except for Matulino and Packer who faded in the second half of the tournament, happy with the progress of both forwards and backs. Hope jennings is not injured as he has been quiet. Mimoroiski has improved better than expected along with his goal kicking. He will be a rally good player as he doesn't let his head gets into the clouds. Nofo needs to be running more direct and Ehsan to increase his work rates. Thomson, as usual tried his heart out and I like him to model after Slater. The forwards are honest and will improve in the coming year. Madge has done a wonderful job in helping the players both individually and as a team.

Meh, don't think either were great.

Out backs never really outplayed the opposition, maybe once or twice.

Our forwards never really won the go-forward, but they did match the opposition enough. So probably them...although half our hitups are from backs so I don't know.

For me, we lacked a lot in attack. None of the support etc you see at other clubs.
With a few obvious exceptions (the floggings) I thought our forwards' defence, especially on our line, improved out of site to previous years.

Back