Whoooo! top 4!

BrissieTiger67

im happy to just take in the top 4 position for the next 24 hours, and it feels good. I know its really premature but i dont care, three wins in a row and the blokes (minus gareth) get a week off. It's just a nice to see the season back on track. Hopefully we keep it up and the dragons burn out again in the finals lol!

Go the Tigers!

@Brisbane Tiger said:
fully brother, looking forward to the 2nd of july with the broncs…

so looking forward!!! my birthday is on the 3rd so it will be big celebration if they knock the broncs at suncorp!!!! plus its gonna be fun walking to suncorp in my tigers gear!!! whoop!!

cmon tigers!

Its my birthday today!!!!!

Ill be at Caxton in my away jersey with a pregnant mrs from lunch time covered in tattoos, keep an eye out for me…

@MacDougall said:
Love watching the Tiges at Suncorp, see you boys there.

i like your location, i have that feeling all the time, especially around soo, it aint fun being a blues up here in brisbane especially since our team sucks every time, get robbie in there!

I think overall we have underperformed. Which says something about the comp when you can lie 4th with 7 wins and 5 losses. When you consider we have started favourites in 9 of our 12 matches we can't really say we have turned it around from previous seasons. The 4 match losing streak confirmed the team still have the ability to go down the black hole quickly at any point.

However this is a competition with only one real winning side, being the Dragons. If we get our heads on we should really cruise into the Top 8 and probably finish in the Top 4\. Problem with the Tigers are the scars of previous seasons. In 2007 and 2008 we had a 7-5 ratio but only finished with 11 wins. We need to get these grinding wins in the middle of the season to avoid the pressure of the finish month to six weeks. Where our draw looks quite tricky.

We should be aiming to go 7-5 in the back half and finish with 14 wins. That will probably jag 4th place and would set us up nicely. Anything can happen with us though. It was a significant win on Friday night, most crucial of the season for mine. A tough griding affair where the other side was desperate.

I liked what Farah and Sheens said about finding any way possible to win. Stuff the processes just win the game by any means. That is the sort of grind you find yourselves in in this comp and its time we woke up to it. Winning dirty games, in the cold in June has been a big issue the past for us.

Havent played anyone notable yet when in any form…played Manly in round one when they were in pre season fitness,Parra when in form slump....no Brisbane,no Titans,no St George,no Melbourne..what a dream draw!
Only times weve played mid 8 teams like Easts & Souths weve been smashed.

**ATTENTION !!!**
\
\
The Jungle is looking for people to represent us up at Suncorp….

Some of us wont be able to make it because we have no way of getting up there....

We will organise a bay to sit in ( if there isnt a traditional bay already)....

So if anyone is up to the challenge of running **The Jungle** up in Brisbane please PM me…

Cheers fellow fans :supporter: :supporter: :supporter:

I noticed tonight the Dragqueens have not had even 1 bye yet what's that all about that gives them another 4 points on everybody , so at this stage they have the minor premiership wrapped up..

yes, but league is very much a sport of the mind. If the boys see themselves a couple of wins behind first spot, then that is bound to give them a hell of a lot of confidence going into the harder games as the season wears on.

@MacDougall said:
Love watching the Tiges at Suncorp, see you boys there.

It's July, my birthday is mid July, I'll have to talk my better half into giving me a better present than last year! :laughing:

Back