Will Fitzy finally face the axe?

AndTheKungFoSing

With troops returning… will Fitzy finally face the chop? Or will Sheens sacrifice another forward on the bench to fit him on lol

I am pretty confident Fitzy will be turning out for Balmain Ryde... unfortunately it's probably 18 rounds too late... but better late then never i guess.

@Kaiser said:
With troops returning… will Fitzy finally face the chop? Or will Sheens sacrifice another forward on the bench to fit him on lol

I am pretty confident Fitzy will be turning out for Balmain Ryde... unfortunately it's probably 18 rounds too late... but better late then never i guess.

You think Mitch Brown or Geoff Daniella would get a bench spot ahead of Fitzhenry when Beau Ryan and Robert Lui return? Sheens has been more than willing to drop both those players to the NSW Cup and keep Fitzhenry on the bench in the past, what do you think would change his mind now?

Personally, I wish we could return to seeing Moors, Fifita and Dwyer on the bench together. I thought our best games this season (thinking of the Warriors match) were when they were coming onto the field around the same time and keeping the starting prop's momentum going. I think Fulton and Flanagan can play important roles, but that those roles aren't the same as a front rower, or a damaging edge runner.

For next weekend I'd like to see a starting pack and bench of:

8\. Gibbs
9\. Farah
10\. Galloway
11\. Fulton
12\. Payten
13\. Heighington

14\. Flanagan
15\. Moors
16\. Fifita
17\. Dwyer

And when Ellis returns, one of Flanagan or Fulton makes way.

But I don't think that's too likely.

@Colonel said:
You think Mitch Brown or Geoff Daniella would get a bench spot ahead of Fitzhenry when Beau Ryan and Robert Lui return? Sheens has been more than willing to drop both those players to the NSW Cup and keep Fitzhenry on the bench in the past, what do you think would change his mind now?

The fact he started Brown and Daniella ahead of him this week is encouraging. Also… While I can see him keeping brown out for Fitzy, surely he cannot justify dropping Daniella again... surely?

@Colonel said:
@Kaiser said:

Personally, I wish we could return to seeing Moors, Fifita and Dwyer on the bench together. I thought our best games this season (thinking of the Warriors match) were when they were coming onto the field around the same time and keeping the starting prop's momentum going. I think Fulton and Flanagan can play important roles, but that those roles aren't the same as a front rower, or a damaging edge runner.

For next weekend I'd like to see a starting pack and bench of:

8\. Gibbs
9\. Farah
10\. Galloway
11\. Fulton
12\. Payten
13\. Heighington

14\. Flanagan
15\. Moors
16\. Fifita
17\. Dwyer

And when Ellis returns, one of Flanagan or Fulton makes way.

But I don't think that's too likely.

I like that as well however I am starting to see the worth of Flanagan and Fulton.

Fulton is too small and more of a worker type but he also defends well and runs real good lines. If the rest of the forwards are really putting in he adds a lot to the team. Flanagan is smiliar.

I can't see a spot for Fitzy in my team if we are at full strength.

if sheens is fair dinkum about WT making a run at the title our backline should look like this

mckinnon
ryan
daniela
lawrence
lote

benji
lui
\
\
bench should be

fifita
moors
dwyer

and then you have the choice of

ayshford,fulton or flanagan as your utility

we wont beat the top teams in penrith and dragons using 16 players…their forwards are to strong and its fruitless picking brown or fitzy on the bench

IMO we need 3 impact fowards on the bench and only one utility back. Impact fowards is something we lack at WT's, so I'd have Dwyer, Moors and Fifita on the bench with Ayshford or Daniela as the utility back (depending who is starting in the centres). Someone's gotta be up front with Fitzy and just tell him he is not in the top 17.

His contract expires this year and I believe other clubs have expressed interest in him, so fingers crossed someone else signs him

Another great topic on the reputable forum.

What no name calling ? Come on.

Carry on…

Barring injuries and the assumption we make the finals, Fitzy's bench spot would be perfect for Moltzen. Moltzen is the perfect interchange back and would suit him coming back from injury.

If Ryan and Lui are fit to play, I'd be giving the utility backline spot to Daniela or Brown. Daniela is in better form but Brown is going alright and can also handle himself at fullback, whereas we've only seen Daniela in the centres or wing. Fitzy has been alright on several occasions this season, but he is not consistent and didn't get a run last time out. At least drop him back to Wests and let him play the full 80.

Every Tuesday night Fitzy's name will be read out either in the 17 or a extended squad. Cant see him being sent back to Reggies. He might not end up in the 17, but he will be in the Fgrade squad for the rest of the season and Sheens will uses him when injuries kick in. I think their are plenty of players in front him but as the games become bigger Sheens will go for experience

Who will eventually get the services of Fitzy when the ultimate realisation comes, what is the the qualifying criteria to play finals in the NSWRL Cup, give Fitzy the chance of going out in a blaze of glory either with BRET or the Magpies.

@ron burgandy said:
if sheens is fair dinkum about WT making a run at the title our backline should look like this

mckinnon
ryan
daniela
lawrence
lote

benji
lui
\
\
bench should be

fifita
moors
dwyer

ayshford,fulton or flanagan as your utility

we wont beat the top teams in penrith and dragons using 16 players…their forwards are to strong and its fruitless picking brown or fitzy on the bench

x2

@ron burgandy said:

mckinnon
ryan
daniela
lawrence
lote

benji
lui
\
\
bench should be

fifita
moors
dwyer

**ayshford,fulton or flanagan** as your utility

how can u pick only one!? they are all great players

Whoever thinks Brown is a better option on the wing than Fitzy is kidding themselves.

Brown is too slow, can't position himself properly to take a pass, he is too slow to turn and chase, takes bad options (kicking on the 2nd tackle), can't read the game properly.

Beau would be first choice winger. If he is unavailable, then Fitzy starts.

I'd rather have an experienced winger who's been there done that than a rookie still learning the game.

Brown can go back to the reggies.

Fitzy makes a good interchange player because he can cover every position in the backline and hooker as well.

The other 3 bench spots should be forward rotation and Fitzy can come on late and do his "running in circles" late in the match amongst tiring forwards. Its the best option IMO.

@dimitri said:
Whoever thinks Brown is a better option on the wing than Fitzy is kidding themselves.

To me Brown has done well in 4 of his last NRL games. Against the Knights and the Broncos he came on late and did what was required, while against the Dogs I thought he was solid all night. But last week I was most impressed with him. Im not sure if anyone noticed but he was so solid all night, including 2 huge hits on the oppositon goalline. As well he makes reasonable metres and has some size. If you seriously want to pick at things ina guys play about Brown then I think , in fact I know we could come up withmore things than you.

@dimitri said:
Brown is too slow, can't position himself properly to take a pass, he is too slow to turn and chase, takes bad options (kicking on the 2nd tackle), can't read the game properly.

I agree

On Friday night he looked like an aircraft carrier trying to turn to chase one of the kicks that the Titans put in behind him.

@DavidDuncan said:
@dimitri said:

I agree

On Friday night he looked like an aircraft carrier trying to turn to chase one of the kicks that the Titans put in behind him.

Mate were you at the game?? The field was covered in dew and very soft. Players were slipping sliding all over the place. I think you will find he was making sure he remained on his feet rather than head first into the grass. He has been good and will get better. As for Fitzy well he will probably get the no9 jumper this week if Farah gets suspened (and thats on the cards)

I apologise if I offended anyone because I didn't mean to bag out Mitch.

He tries his guts out but IMO Fitzy makes a better winger as he is more nimble and reads the play better than people give him credit for.

If Farah gets suspended for the ruckus in the scrum it would be a disgrace.

I'd imagine Bailey wont even get cited for the swinging arm that caused some claret to pour from Robbies nose.

Back