WIN Stadium new grandstand buckling under pressure

funky_ap

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/news/local/news/general/win-stadium-roof-buckles-in-high-winds/2298049.aspx

Falls apart under pressure, much likes it's home team…..

Probably from the weight of all their players climbing on top of it
JUMP JUMP JUMP JUMP JUMP JUMP JUMP JUMP :smiley:

@AmericanHistoryX said:
just glad no one got killed. why do their grounds get better and better and our grounds only just get better.

You mean the AFL? It helps when close on 50% of the teams play at the same 2 grounds and another 4 share 2 grounds. Apart from the NSW and Qld teams, the other 14(?) teams use 5 grounds…

If the AFL kept using grounds like Windy Hill they'd be in the same boat.

how do you know so much about the AFL? Windy Hill? - great name for a football ground. actually i was meant how come st.george illawarra always get further infrastructure while at Leichhardt and Campbelltown we only get refurbished toilets and a new elevator?

@AmericanHistoryX said:
how do you know so much about the AFL? Windy Hill? - great name for a football ground. actually i was meant how come st.george illawarra always get further infrastructure while at Leichhardt and Campbelltown we only get refurbished toilets and a new elevator?

Unfortunately AHX, St. Merge had a former PM in John Howard and Premier in Morris Dilemma who were both staunch Dragons fans. We have Barry O'Farrell, but with the current state of affairs this state has, I think he'll be a little too preoccupied to allocate funds to either Campbelltown Stadium or Leichhardt Oval.

@AmericanHistoryX said:

Yeah Windy Hill!It happened! Essendon was playing there as late as the early 1990s! It's the sort of thing the AFL like to sweep under the carpet and not talk about. Like lab coats on the goal umpires and VFL Park…

To be fair WIN Stadium is the only decent size ground in the whole Illawarra. It's not unreasonable it would get more bucks than Leichhardt or even Campbo which are relatively close to other big grounds. It's a long walk from Wollongong to the next big ground!

I will be @ a turnout next wednesday & the Premier will be there & i will ask are they going to spend some money on Leichhardt & Campbelltown, dont ask you dont find out.

Members online

Back