World's best beer

My thoughts exactly…
Thank you TieDye & @diedpretty for highlighting the cause of my problem. I wasn’t always a Nancy boy but after living in Manly for the last 30 years I’m turning into a big pillow.
When growing up in the Inner West I used to drink Coppers Red and Reschs. when I moved to the Manly, switched to Coopers Green and XXXX. Which was the start of my general softness.
It’s got worse over the years. Now starting with one or two Heaps Normal beers then moving to a couple of mid strengths , then onto full strength To keep me going through long sessions. Which is like going from NRL level to over 50’s touch.
When I turned 50 my family tired to help and bought me a 4 tap Kegerator. Currently on tap I’ve a Japanese Lager, a Red Ale and a Coffee Stout. Thanks god for family. Never know where I couldn’t have ended up if they hadn’t intervened. Could have found me down at the croquet courts in Manly wearing white shorts and drinking pimps with lemonade.

Love the Nod to Canberra. Although they are usually drinking a Hahn light and calling it Be'er.

Naturally Tasmania is split between the Cascade/Boag's...

Melbourne has it's horrible VB, it even has Melbourne Bitter.... I was there with a group of Uni students (3rd year plus), we threw out the Melbourne bitter case after trying to give some away, and couldnt*.

PNG has some great beers. SP I highly recommend, it's a local beer made by german owners and Outstanding. Nuigini ice is also really good. I see SP as how VB should be.

*yes that bad. Kinda like the AFL of beers.

for anyone who hasn't tried Grolsch pils, its a very nice drop, not too heavy, and great if you are not really a fan of beers.

My favourite beers are dark ones, such as Old Admiral Dark Ale (Lord Nelson Brewery), Stout (Four Pines Brewery), and Tooheys Dark Old Ale.
I found the Guinness (Australian version) pale version of the Irish or UK's :sneaky:

My favourite beers are dark ones, such as Old Admiral Dark Ale (Lord Nelson Brewery), Stout (Four Pines Brewery), and Tooheys Dark Old Ale.
I found the Guinness (Australian version) pale version of the Irish or UK's :sneaky:

Coopers stout is also a good drop and i used to love Old Admiral but it has been a long time since i had one

Latest posts

Back