Worst buy of the season

happy_tiger

Look for me its not a player but a coach

Ricky Stuart

I can't think of anyone worse

And Ricky's still blaming the players

He has distroyed 3 clubs now ( sharks, eels and now raiders) and josh mcrones career and I would be very happy if we could pick josh up and play him in the 6, one of the best at getting to the line and putty blokes through holes and very fast!!!

@Phoenixtigers18 said:
He has distroyed 3 clubs now ( sharks, eels and now raiders) and josh mcrones career and I would be very happy if we could pick josh up and play him in the 6, one of the best at getting to the line and putty blokes through holes and very fast!!!

Yep
Being sprouting the kiss of death coach for a while now. He is hopeless
And I would definitely take McCrone, champion little player- well he was…..

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

Ricky Stuart is a better con artist than Peter Foster….

Canberra kinda deserve it though…
Not because they're a bad club or anything but seriously, how could that not tell that the man doesn't know what he's doing?

I'd say a bunch of CEOs must have all chipped in for Stuart to cause the damage he does…

@pHyR3 said:
An absolute myth forged by his 1st season.

With the team he had that season anyone could have 'coached' them to win the comp. Graham Murray was the one who set it up the year before.

The guy is not made for club coaching. He has an intensity about him that clearly wears thin on the players pretty quickly. He also lacks the ability to get the best out of his players who aren't superstars. His style is much better suited to rep footy where he has 10 days to fire up a squad of superstars for a single game. Stepping down as Blues coach was a huge mistake and a decision he probably regrets.

He had 3 good seasons at the Roosters before Freddy retiring and Mini getting injured saw them nosedive and he couldn't salvage it. He did well at Cronulla for 2 years before his star player got himself sacked when they were serious title contenders (and people came out of the woodwork about stuff that happened before his tenure at the club started). His stints at Parramatta and also the Raiders have been fiascoes.

We complain about Anasta, he is a out and out super star if you compare him with Campese. Reminds me of Sheens and his mad selection of Johnny Morris at no7\. Ricky has a dud roster, but gee he makes some brain dead selections, and of course nothing is ever his fault, sounds very much like a mentor he once had

He just doesn't seem the right fit for Canberra.
I think Sheens would of been a better pick for them. He is good at developing a core group of players and as he showed when he took over at the Tigers, he is good at taking over a disjointed club and bringing the players together.

Stuart just seems to have the opposite affect.

As for dud signings as far as players go, I would have to say Ben Barba would be right up there considering the amount of $$$ he would be on.

Members online

Back