Worst performance since `1980

Vicious

That was undoubtedly the worst performace by any Wests Tigers side ever, also the worst performance by any Wests Magpies or Balmain Tigers side and I go back to about 1980\. It was nothing short of disgracefull, no passion, no pride, a total disrespect of the jersey. I left 10mins after halftime and don`t regret it one little bit.
Atleast 6 players must be dropped to reserve grade as punishment otherwise they will never learn !

Sorry mate I go back as a Magpie supporter and cry that last season of that great club..but I see where your coming from.

@Vicious said:
That was undoubtedly the worst performace by any Wests Tigers side ever, also the worst performance by any Wests Magpies or Balmain Tigers side and I go back to about 1980\. It was nothing short of disgracefull, no passion, no pride, a total disrespect of the jersey. **I left 10mins after halftime and don`t regret it one little bit.**
Atleast 6 players must be dropped to reserve grade as punishment otherwise they will never learn !

Was that you who left those 4 beers for Muffstar?? :laughing:

HAHA! Dropped from first grade?

Sheens has dropped one player from first grade in the past six years, and even he was back after a week.

What makes you think he will start now??

On a par with Magpies of 98 & 99….that really is saying something

Luckily for the players they dont have to front the fans at the club anymore

Winners do not tolerate underperformers they find the right people unfortunatly this is the problem within our club mediocrity is rewarded I can't believe I have written that again because I wrote the same thing in 08 go tell!

@innsaneink said:
On a par with Magpies of 98 & 99….that really is saying something

Luckily for the players they dont have to front the fans at the club anymore

Its way below the level of the 98/99 Maggies - they didn't have the talent this team has.

@Vicious said:
That was undoubtedly the worst performace by any Wests Tigers side ever, also the worst performance by any Wests Magpies or Balmain Tigers side and I go back to about 1980\. It was nothing short of disgracefull, no passion, no pride, a total disrespect of the jersey. I left 10mins after halftime and don`t regret it one little bit.

Almost as bad as the loss to the Adelaide Rams whenever that was. There is something rotten in Denmark methinks. The way they played today was soul destroying for the fans.

I can go back 50 plus years and this was the most revolting effort i have seen even when the tigers got the wooden spoon those poor buggers did not have the playing roster we have today and on this diplay they would beat this mob

I was in the members stand with my West Tigers cap on, getting laughed out by Souts fans. refused to take it of, thank god I was drunk !!!

@Vicious said:

Agreed. the only match I (we, as a family then) left early was Wests v Easts in that semi final. today was on a par but i refused to leave early. i suffered in silence.

The Rams one was a very bad loss…...but I go back to the loss against Melbourne in Melbourne - 66 to 0.

Although today was pathetic, it wasn't as bad as 66-0

@Tigersmurf said:
The Rams one was a very bad loss…...but I go back to the loss against Melbourne in Melbourne - 66 to 0.

the 66-0 to melbourne was back in 2001 wasnt it? (or something)
although i didnt see that game (i believe it was played on a thursday night for some reason ) i doubt the effort that night could have been any worse than todays. and the team back then had no where near the talent the current squad does.

@Tigersmurf said:

The club had genuine excuses back then…

They don't now..

the tigers are a disgrace to all members/fans and past players!!
i WILL NOT be attending another game this year until they find some form..
tormented by souths fans throughout the whole game, so i left 25 minutes early, thankgod
shouldve stayed home instead of rushing out to the game!

It was a shameful display.

It is sad but perhaps these are the sorts of defeats that might open a few eyes. Get the people that matter seeing things that some fans have been seeing for years.

2012 can't come quick enough.

Back