Would you have prefered Meaney / Herekotukutuku as fullback?

Balmain_Bug

I would have left Moltzen and Marshall in the halves. They have been dynamic. We dropped a cog in that area when Moltz went to fullback IMO.

I would have left M & M in the halves, moved Lawrence to fullback and leave Collis in the centres.

Dodgy poll….there are more options available than this poll indicates.

I probably wouldve gone hanbury at 1 and left the halves alone

Good lower graders but not up to NRL imo. Hanbury is a better fullback.

@innsaneink said:
Dodgy poll….there are more options available than this poll indicates.

I probably wouldve gone hanbury at 1 and left the halves alone

I know there are a multitude of better options. But I am interested to see if anyone here would have given Meaney or Herekotukutuku a crack.

I would have had Collis at 1 personally.

Meaney would have been my first option pick as he provides direction from the back and is a great support runner and a good jumper.

Oh well

Ide rather Moltzon at fulback over Meaney & the Alphabet
But if it was up to me i would have Hanbury at 1 and Moltzon 7

@Tommy Magpie said:
I would have left M & M in the halves, moved Lawrence to fullback and leave Collis in the centres.

Agreed but I think Lawrence will be unavailable.

Ryan at fullback. His bomb diffusal rate is extremely high, his kick returns are solid and run back at the defensive line safely and with ticker. His support play will not be an issue due to his experience as a centre.
Only query would be his positional decisions in defence.
Lawrence to the wing where he can be utilised in attack running inside lines of his centre and plugging up the defensive lapses down the inneficiently sized flank and crossfield cover defence.
With Gallant out, and the return of Collis, the hole was already filled without the need to experiment with a NYC player or a halves combination with a 100% strike rate, when the Premiership finals are on the line.

@alexaki said:
@Tommy Magpie said:

Agreed but I think Lawrence will be unavailable.

He reckons a decision will be made later on in the week. He also reckons he isn't fit enough for fullback.

I wouldn't be complaining if Hanbury had been given the gig this week with Moltzen left at 7, but it's a chance to see how Lui handles the step up and I'm keen to see how he goes. I think Moltzen will still come up in the line and help direct the right hand side attack with Benji and Lui running the left.

I'm answering the question asked and that is I prefer Meaney at fullback. Having said that why was Hanbury overlooked :astonished:

Herekotukutuku…. this bloke, but not til next friday..... just so i can hear Ray Warren destroy his name.

@tigr3 said:
Herekotukutuku…. this bloke, but not til next friday..... just so i can hear Ray Warren destroy his name.

Surely he couldn't do worse than Warren Smith with Sam Huihahau.

Ithink we may have to get used to Moltzen at fullback with the new guys comming in my tip Marshall half Arana 5/8 if we have an injury now Ryan for me Hodgo wanted him there

I must be the only one who saw that interview and thought Hodgo made that comment about Ryan to fullback with tongue firmly planted in cheek. I thought the grin afterwards gave that away

Back