Yep, something has to change......

tigerap

My two sons and I have held Gold Memberships for 10 years now...there was a time when we’d get upset when a try was scored against us, there was a time when we’d get upset after a loss, there was a time when we’d cheer a line break and high five a WT try, every year we had hope we’d make the semis and being members we’d get first dibs at buying semifinal tickets...for 10 years we never experienced this privilege, for 10 years we attended each game with hope and displayed passion as WT members....

Today we attended our first membership game at BankWest...it was noticeable the 3 of us sat there mostly emotionless throughout the game, we were happy we scored a fluky try and were in front, but did we get off our seats like we used tooo?...no...it was like we expected a pending...manly try fest....when our woeful defence allowed 3 try’s in 5 minutes, not one display of anger or emotion, it was like we knew it was coming..we sat through the game emotionless as manly piled on the points whilst the tigers looked rudderless and clueless....

With 6 minutes to go, I asked the boys if they’d had enough, they nodded yes and off we went... walking out of the stadium I was asking myself , will I renew my membership for 2022, on what we’ve seen lately, the Tigers I’m afraid will have to earn my hard earned next year, No more buying memberships blindly on hope....like Madge keeps saying it’s a results driven business and until the Tigers show results (making the semis), I’ll be a casual supporter....something has to change at the WT, I’m not sure what, but it’s time they walked the talk!...

oh for a return to the days when I was a passionate supporter....I hope the hierarchy of the WT read this post!

Not just something. The whole thing. I hope in 3 years we have 3-5 players in the whole squad still there and a completely new coaching staff. Sick of Bankwest being a home ground too. Ditch that.

Just buy your membership champ and support the boys , we do it every year , it’s part of being a Tigers supporter being let down by incompetence

Simpkin and Laurie are the only players I want going forward.

Doueihi and Luc maybe too. No one else.

@tigerap said in [Yep said:
My two sons and I have held Gold Memberships for 10 years now...there was a time when we’d get upset when a try was scored against us, there was a time when we’d get upset after a loss, there was a time when we’d cheer a line break and high five a WT try, every year we had hope we’d make the semis and being members we’d get first dibs at buying semifinal tickets...for 10 years we never experienced this privilege, for 10 years we attended each game with hope and displayed passion as WT members....

Today we attended our first membership game at BankWest...it was noticeable the 3 of us sat there mostly emotionless throughout the game, we were happy we scored a fluky try and were in front, but did we get off our seats like we used tooo?...no...it was like we expected a pending...manly try fest....when our woeful defence allowed 3 try’s in 5 minutes, not one display of anger or emotion, it was like we knew it was coming..we sat through the game emotionless as manly piled on the points whilst the tigers looked rudderless and clueless....

With 6 minutes to go, I asked the boys if they’d had enough, they nodded yes and off we went... walking out of the stadium I was asking myself , will I renew my membership for 2022, on what we’ve seen lately, the Tigers I’m afraid will have to earn my hard earned next year, No more buying memberships blindly on hope....like Madge keeps saying it’s a results driven business and until the Tigers show results (making the semis), I’ll be a casual supporter....something has to change at the WT, I’m not sure what, but it’s time they walked the talk!...

oh for a return to the days when I was a passionate supporter....I hope the hierarchy of the WT read this post!

Isn't it sad that we've become that.

Mate I agree.... I have been cheering them on for like 30 years and I thought Last week was tough but after todays effect it just feels like nothing inside... People say you need to remain loyal etc... But if the players felt half as bad as I feel now that alone should wake them up. I Don't believe they understand how much it effects us supporters and you can bet your last dollar they will be at training again tomorrow laughing and saying "Its not good enough and as a club we should be doing better" ... Sick of hearing the same old story every Monday..

They should be embarrassed and made to make an apology to fans and members.

I suppose I'm loyal, I'm still here... But Like the OP my passion has waned and my enthusiasm dropped... Been a couple of years now.since I was a member after 13 years
Very sad reading the OP.
Like him I questioned.myself after the game and why I bother

@aceshigh said in [Yep said:
Just buy your membership champ and support the boys , we do it every year , it’s part of being a Tigers supporter being let down by incompetence

Couldn’t disagree more with this.
We the fans are the biggest group of stakeholders. I’m not calling for a boycott or protest, but blind support in the form of buying membership and attending games means you are not only showing your proud colours, but also supporting the incumbent destructive club management and this makes you complicit in the decline of our club. Sorry, but if you pay money to the club then you can’t refuse to accept responsibility for where it goes.
It’s crap, but it is what it is.

Today was the first time in 6 decades that we left a game with 25 mins left !
This club has a major issue we were not the only ones a stream of supporters and rusted on members like ourselves walking away .
I have read about how well the CEO was doing with the finances of the club ,maybe he should of been at the exits with 25mins to go to see how quickly his finances might dry up instead of carrying the Chairman's man bag around the corporate area!

buy your membership if you can afford it otherwise if everyone took that attitude we either will not have a club or we will have a club based in Perth

@jedi_tiger said in [Yep said:
The issue is bankwestcis not home.
Either split LO and CSS
or move to ANZ

The issue is 6 HOME GROUNDS actually they should play at small outdated suburban grounds because that is what the club is all about just a very small fish in a big pond!

@snake said in [Yep said:
The issue is bankwestcis not home.
Either split LO and CSS
or move to ANZ

The issue is 6 HOME GROUNDS actually they should play at small outdated suburban grounds because that is what the club is all about just a very small fish in a big pond!

in relation to Tamworth Manly go to Mudgee Penrith Bathurst.
Magic round that is stupid so don't count that
we have bankwest which is PARAMATTA
LO
CSS

ANZ right near concord - make it our own

I feel the pain, almost verbatim. Only differences being I was there today with my son and he wanted to leave with 20 to go. I am usually the one asking him if he wants to leave early, now he asks me! He was five in '05 so for him WT's represent a life of mediocrity. Not sure how you retain any passion for a team that is chronically crap. He thinks WT's is a social experiment to test the loyalty of supporters.

It's sad that this has become the norm.

Fairweather fans come and go but when your own members who buy a season ticket every season feel this way, you know the club is up the proverbial creek.

buy your membership if you can afford it otherwise if everyone took that attitude we either will not have a club or we will have a club based in Perth

I felt like the opening statement when Jason Taylor was coach. I’m now at the stage where I want to be put out of my misery and kick the club out altogether.

@bigsiro said in [Yep said:

We the fans are the biggest group of stakeholders. I’m not calling for a boycott or protest, but blind support in the form of buying membership and attending games means you are not only showing your proud colours, but also supporting the incumbent destructive club management and this makes you complicit in the decline of our club. Sorry, but if you pay money to the club then you can’t refuse to accept responsibility for where it goes.

So people who continue to buy memberships are complicit in the decline of the club, now I have heard it all.

@cochise said in [Yep said:
@bigsiro said in [Yep said:

So people who continue to buy memberships are complicit in the decline of the club, now I have heard it all.

Well, true that’s a bit harsh...maybe I’ve watched too much of Gary Neville’s take on the European super league. ?

Back